• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The random hate on Ken's Marth

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol, the reason Ken thought he would revolutionize Marth's metagame is because he doesn't know how advanced the Marth metagame is. He said in another post that everyone else just abuses Fair and Fsmash like you were supposed to in melee. He played well, but he didn't revolutionize jack ****.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Lol, the reason Ken thought he would revolutionize Marth's metagame is because he doesn't know how advanced the Marth metagame is. He said in another post that everyone else just abuses Fair and Fsmash like you were supposed to in melee. He played well, but he didn't revolutionize jack ****.
Exactly, I don't think he is on SWF very often so he was kinda behind the times. The guy made a mistake, did any of you actually expect him to come up with something new?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, I have a lot to say in response to all the different things you said, but instead I'm basically going to let Viet and 2nd talk for me, because we seem to agree on most topics, and this doesn't seem to be an exception.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
I love how he just randomly went to Evo when he was on vacation, LOL.
LOL....yea, took a break from the game and still tore up Evo (items or not, he played really well). I'm not a huge Ken fan or anything, but that's saying something.

Too bad he's probably done with the game : /......he would have definitely won his share of tournaments with marth (imo).

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
eh, there are a lot of questions that simply won't be answered so long as Ken is supposedly done with smash. To be honest, I grew less interested in seeing there were items in Evo, not because i think they are cheap...well....ok, maybe a little, but just because so many other tournaments don't obviously, and seeing him play with no item help at all would have been a lot more interesting than the matches I have seen here.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I've got a question...so why exactly is Ken done with Smash? Did he actually say so? Or are you n00bs just assuming that because he placed second at one items tourney, that he went home with his tail between his legs and crying to his mommy, vowing never to play smash again because some snot-nosed 14 year old punk threw a bumper at him......

Seriously?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ken quit Smash long before Brawl came out...

He went to EVO only cause he was vacation...

Justblaze, that post is full of fail lol and adds to the common stereotype of 2008 posters.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Ken quit Smash long before Brawl came out...

He went to EVO only cause he was vacation...

Justblaze, that post is full of fail lol and adds to the common stereotype of 2008 posters.
lol... didn't you the vids of him at Evo? Did that honestly look like he had quit smash by the way he was playing? It is literally impossible for him the have quit if he spent even one day preparing for evo... so i guess i wasn't as full of fail as you'd like to believe. And since when does my Smashboards join date have anything to do with my ability to play smash? It doesn't... and at the end of the day that's all that matters to me:chuckle:

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Practice is for noobs, fo real. No but seriously, thanks to Kens Melee background he knows how to read and predict an opponent which puts him above the vast majority of players virtually without practice.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol... didn't you the vids of him at Evo?
Didn't you the learn english?
Did that honestly look like he had quit smash by the way he was playing? It is literally impossible for him the have quit if he spent even one day preparing for evo... so i guess i wasn't as full of fail as you'd like to believe.
The way he was playing, it looked like he wanted to win the money...LOL.
Also, he didn't prepare for Evo (did you not read that part where I said he was on vacation?) and the reason why he played like he did is because... he's great smasher...lol?
I mean, he let SK92 chaingrab him... Falco CAN'T chaingrab Marth. He obviously doesn't know too much about the game and is mostly go off his Melee competitive experience. I'm pretty sure he also owns Brawl and has played it casually.
Ken said he's STILL (keyword) done with Smash and Mew2King spoke about it on the forums, what more do you want?
And since when does my Smashboards join date have anything to do with my ability to play smash?
Is that what I said? I was kinda go towards "2008 make stupid posts", like in general. Then again, since you brought it up, I wouldn't say you're even decent at the game.
It doesn't... and at the end of the day that's all that matters to me:chuckle:
Money match me, 20$.
Practice is for noobs, fo real. No but seriously, thanks to Kens Melee background he knows how to read and predict an opponent which puts him above the vast majority of players virtually without practice.
REAL TALK!!!
qtf

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That's still casual.

Playing with your friends, regardless of how skilled they are =/= tournament play

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lol, random people are hilarious.

Come to any decently large competitive MidWest tournament and I'll see you there; or any of the biweeklies here in Purdue.

Or, if you're the East Coast, I guess you can wait till I'm back form college. I mean, you said in one of your posts that you will become pro over the year lulz, so I might as well play you in your prime.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
trouneys are different then casual (more people different playing styles)

Also people tend to play with more better and(since they wanna win).

Natolis

Smash Cadet
ken is an ownage player but i dunno in brawl with all the techniques that they took out i think he will be better than drago but not much better no offence to him

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If Ken wanted im sure he could be s**t hot at Brawl.If he doesnt really play it then we'll never know.

The 2008 thing made me laugh.So many kids thinking they know everything there is to know about smash.

Im sure when Ken feels like it he'll become a smash god again.You ve got to remember its not like you can automatically be amazing at Brawl just because you were amazing at melee.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Learn to use the edit button. Drago is good, but not that great (I love his combo vid though), and I can't say if he's better or worse than Ken (after all, I've never seen either of them in person)

If Ken wanted im sure he could be s**t hot at Brawl.If he doesnt really play it then we'll never know.

The 2008 thing made me laugh.So many kids thinking they know everything there is to know about smash.

Im sure when Ken feels like it he'll become a smash god again.You ve got to remember its not like you can automatically be amazing at Brawl just because you were amazing at melee.
QFT

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
NEO, shut yo black *** up.

Ken is the one who taught you Roy in all of those old Roy dittos anyways, so show some respect nigga.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i respect ken, he invented marth and he did teach me how to use roy when i was a newb

he didn't teach me how to use roy in those dittos though, that's when i had already surpassed him and developed my own roy

but uh, you dedicated an entire thread to him talking about how he is going to "revolutionize marth" rofl

that's groupie material my friend

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I made this thread cause people are giving Ken random hate, people on smashboards are dumb like that. They don't know of what he's done, so I'm spreading the knowledge, not riding the dick express line.

You should be thanking me.

[23:20] <NJ'zFinest> i hate smashboards
[23:20] <NEO> yea smashboards is whack
[23:20] <NEO> bunch of *****s that don't know what they're talking about
You're welcome NEO.... you're welcome...

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure people everywhere know what Ken has done

I've been in other gaming communities that know of him

Genetic

Smash Rookie
Personally, I love the way that he plays Marth. He's not as good as Neo at predicting his opponents, but I love how quickly he reacts to an opponent's moves. Oh yeah, and his mindgames/edgeguarding is top!

Go Ken. <3!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hate on his marth?

hmmm, maybe its cuz he talked all this **** saying how his marth was much better than mine, makes arrogant *** posts, says he's going to show everyone how to play marth, yet he hardly does anything. I'm sure my marth that I never even use is probably better than his, and I have plenty of confidence that Neo's marth is much better than his.

Genetic

Smash Rookie
hate on his marth?

hmmm, maybe its cuz he talked all this **** saying how his marth was much better than mine, makes arrogant *** posts, says he's going to show everyone how to play marth, yet he hardly does anything. I'm sure my marth that I never even use is probably better than his, and I have plenty of confidence that Neo's marth is much better than his.
Yeah, but Neo played Roy in melee... Actually, Marth in Brawl reminds me a lo of Roy in Melee. A lot of poking and and DB... just give Ken some time. I have faith!

(I loved your Marth in Melee btw. You probably had more Ken kills then Ken! rofl)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
hate on his marth?

-dead- @ jason

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Side 1.

OMGZ OMGZ KENZ THE BEST!!!

WHYZ PEOPLE HATING ON KEN HE SO SKILLED HE 3 STOCKED GOD!!!!(tho i think God was sandbaging tho)I EVEN SEEN HIM ALMOST BEAT A WOLF IN WIFI LAGG!!!!! WIFI LAGG!!!!!!!!

EVO WAS THE START HIS GONNA GO TO ALL YOUR PEOPLEZ LOCALS AND WTF PWN YOU ALL!!!

Side 2.

OMG KENZ SUCKS MY SISTER BABYS DADDYS DADDY COULD BEAT HIM AND HE'S DEAD!!!

I LOLZ HARD WHEN KEN SAID HE WAS GOING TO CHANGE MARTH AND JUST WIND UP WITH A PLAIN REALLY GOOD OLD MARTH LAMO WHO CARES ABOUT GOOD MARTH THESE DAYS....

IAM GOING TO NAME NUBS WHO USE ITEMS "KEN' AND IF THOSE NUBS WIN IAM WILL THEY WERE "KENNING"!!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys why do you guys care so much about what people say about you on the forums.

Why so serious?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
hate on his marth?

The Zimmerman has gone mad LOL

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
I made this thread cause people are giving Ken random hate, people on smashboards are dumb like that. They don't know of what he's done, so I'm spreading the knowledge...
Everyone knows what he has done in melee. This isn't melee. He hasn't contributed at all to the brawl marth. Look, he didn't even know he could break out falco's chaingrab. He hasn't contributed to SWF. He's not even playing smash anymore! Why would he go and say that he is going to revolutionize marth when people like Emblem Lord and Ulevo are writing posts and helping Brawl Marths and Neo, Roy R, and TakeUr are out in the tournament scene doing well with marth. Personall these people should be insulted someone like Ken said something so arrogant like that. It undermines all the work they did.

Top Bottom