• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have a question
why is it I do not see enough Peach players online, she is the girl with exploding hips, why dont I see her more often. PLus she got hearts who dosent like hearts (other then Me)
Guys don't like playing as pretty pretty princesses. ONLY MEN DO.

Otherwise, she's not as fantastic online as offline. OPeach makes me really sad sometimes.

*misses another chance to punish*

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
peach is sexay, everyone hates her because she's too good.

Zelda players envy her panties, since they have ugly boots and trousers.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
peach is sexay, everyone hates her because she's too good.

Zelda players envy her panties, since they have ugly boots and trousers.
OMG HOW TRUE XD

Alright, I'm considering making a noob-friendly, casual, non-competitive guide. Because I'm nothing competitive.

What are some things I should keep in mind?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
another quick question does peaches toad activate when a pikmin is thrown on her, and what is the most embarrassing way to accidentally kill yourself with her
Yes, Pikmin can set off toad. You can actually use this to your advantage and use toad at anytime while a Pikmin's latched on you.

The most embarrassing death would involve getting killed by your own bombs, or simply doing a reverse parasol when aiming for a ledge. :urg:

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Peach?
Peach?

PEEAAAACCCHHHH!! D:

I wouldn't know about bomb death as I don't pluck enough bombs from the ground, but dying because of reversed parasol is absolutely terrible D:
also because trying to get even again with Peach is a little more difficult since she has a harder time with killing, as air mentioned :/

also, is there anyway to rar or just use bair as an approach without b-sticking? :O

forestflower

Smash Cadet
huh oh im in imagination land having tea with link
another quick question does peaches toad activate when a pikmin is thrown on her, and what is the most embarrassing way to accidentally kill yourself with her
yeah it does set it of its completely hilarious when someone doesnt know that
once i was using peach while playing my friend who uses olimar she didnt know that the pikman whould activate it and when it did she was all WTF

and i agree with some people here reverse parasol is just terrible i got sor frustrated the 2 times that happened to me (plus it was on my last life too >.>)

BentoBox

Smash Master
yeah it does set it of its completely hilarious when someone doesnt know that
once i was using peach while playing my friend who uses olimar she didnt know that the pikman whould activate it and when it did she was all WTF

and i agree with some people here reverse parasol is just terrible i got sor frustrated the 2 times that happened to me (plus it was on my last life too >.>)
Press down on the C-stick asap when that happens~

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Press down on the C-stick asap when that happens~
I've never tried this before, I've just gotten used to tapping down really quick. I've gotten used to it and reverse parasol KOed myself in a while, but I'll have to try this too!

Villi

Smash Lord
Using Peach Bomber after pulling a turnip is a funny way of punishing a reflector. Heck, you can just hold a turnip and do floated aerials or throw them from the air such that they can't be reflected back to hit you.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to CoT4 this weekend and I have some questions about Peach and tournaments in general. I'm not expecting to win, but I hope I learn a lot from playing money matches and pools.

1. Is it an okay idea to just play Peach the entire time? The only other characters I play are ZSS and Kirby somewhat.

2. Any tips for a a person going to their first tournament?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if your kirby is good you might wanna use that one vs. mk and falco/wolf. zss for gdubs and maybe marth.

but yea, it's perfectly fine to use peach the entire time coz she really doesn't have horrifying match-ups besides gdubs and if she's your main then she probably is your best character by far.

oh and question 2...you're going to be nervous but just play your game and have fun ;D

oh and play lots of friendlies, it'll help u get a hold of your nerves.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
if your kirby is good you might wanna use that one vs. mk and falco/wolf. zss for gdubs and maybe marth.

but yea, it's perfectly fine to use peach the entire time coz she really doesn't have horrifying match-ups besides gdubs and if she's your main then she probably is your best character by far.

oh and question 2...you're going to be nervous but just play your game and have fun ;D

oh and play lots of friendlies, it'll help u get a hold of your nerves.
Quoted for truth. At least the 2nd tip. XD

But yeah, it's prefectly find to use Peach the entire time. As long as you're confident in your ability as Peach, it should really matter.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
1. Is it an okay idea to just play Peach the entire time? The only other characters I play are ZSS and Kirby somewhat.
If you want. Having a secondary isnt a bad thing, and can come in useful if you're playing a hard match up for Peach.

2. Any tips for a a person going to their first tournament?
Dont get nervous, it'll make you worse.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
just take it slow, play alot of friendlies and have fun!!

I was nervous in my first smash tourney as well, but just keep cool and get comfortable.

watch other matches, talk to people, get in tha zone!!

Xyless

Smash Master
Most important thing about your first tournament: don't expect to do well. Nerves tends to take over at the worst of times. Thus, just go there to have fun, not to win. It makes playing less stressful and more fun.

And play friendlies if there are TVs open.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've only not played Peach once during my tourney matches, and that was because I knew at the end of my last tournament that I suddenly lost my Peach mindset (and was getting punished for it). Granted, I did far worse when I switched to ZSS, but that's because it was my first attempt at using her in a tourney. In the friendlies I was playing before that, quite a few people told me that I was both the best Peach and ZSS they've faced.

So yeah, just accept that nerves wreck everything.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
that's so true, I was told that I was an Uber sonic player after a bunch of friendlies, but I lost in the second round in the actual tourney.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
don't be like me and waste good tourney experience :O
if you're shy, shove that shyness somewhere you can't see and force yourself into friendlies if you have to :p

think before and while you play; don't get discouraged when things don't go your way

play to learn, not necessarily to win [though, if you do, that's a bonus ;D] and just have fun :3

good luck :O

Villi

Smash Lord
I took Edrees' advice and warmed up before going to a tournament last week and ended up taking 9/79. Play to win when you're warming up. It helps muchly. Get rest and eat well.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like some great advice. I'm definetly not expecting to win, but I want to get as much out of it as I can. I saved all my money just to play some MM's and friendlies.

I'll probably be a little nervous the day of the tournament, but I'll just try to relax and play to have fun =)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
When getting launched, does Peach's float have the same effect as a Peach Bomber - and actually gives you a boost that can pull you closer to the blastzone?

I swear, that's what's killing me so early.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How do I just notice this. T________T

No more uair to float for me then...

Top Bottom