• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its an option. thats it. merely for trolling purposes. if it connects HYPE, if it doesnt u get hit by tornado. huge risk huge reward rofl

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lacks peanuts and perception. i meant that as a general statement, not as a critique towards ur vid

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Fighting CPUs, I've been getting *****.
I have trouble getting my opponent away long eneough to get out my nanners.
and keeping control of them.

But when I get in a DNL, I go across da stage.
Then underestimate where they're gonna land and throw a nanner off the side.

:phone:

Sails

Smash Ace
Fighting CPUs, I've been getting *****.
I have trouble getting my opponent away long eneough to get out my nanners.
and keeping control of them.

But when I get in a DNL, I go across da stage.
Then underestimate where they're gonna land and throw a nanner off the side.

It's not all about bananas either. You should practice your no-banana game, or one-banana game. Know your options when you doing have them, because you often may not.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dunno if it's ill advised, but after getting launched into the air (still above the stage), I toss out one naner mid-air, use the double jump and z-catch the naner. Now I went from 0 naners on field to 1 naner in hand. But that's just me :/

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Dunno if it's ill advised, but after getting launched into the air (still above the stage), I toss out one naner mid-air, use the double jump and z-catch the naner. Now I went from 0 naners on field to 1 naner in hand. But that's just me :/
you also forgot u lost ur mid-air jump :[

Sails

Smash Ace
I'm having a huge issue with Falco's spike. I currently go even with Pelca's Falco, but the one thing that keeps tipping the matchup is that I can't figure out how to recover from the cg-spike anymore. What's the best way to recover from this?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, just SDI onto/into the stage and tech, if you miss it then meteor cancel and side-b away and then up-b. Trying rising up-b might be fun to and freak him out a bit XD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Q3al_f-to&feature=channel_video_title

I bet you're probably trying to do the same thing, if you mix up your options he can still punish them, but he'll have to predict it.

But, btw, obv just avoiding the CG is best overall, try to always have a banana in your hand so that it might fall and mess with the CG or if you do get spiked you can throw it up to protect you.

Sails

Smash Ace
I used to SDI in to the stage, but I find I can't reach it if I get grabbed as far out as possible. I do love doing the rising barrels, but I can't do it every single time, and even then Pelca looks for it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Vato you vs snake, you must always go to the ledge if you are tryin to land. snakes dash is to good for covering airdodge landing. but otherwise it was ok. ummm I watched it a while ago. I'll watch it again.

I hate snake

vato_break

Smash Master
Vato you vs snake, you must always go to the ledge if you are tryin to land. snakes dash is to good for covering airdodge landing. but otherwise it was ok. ummm I watched it a while ago. I'll watch it again.

I hate snake

thanks!!!!!!!! ive been doing a lot better vs snake from the advice everyone has givin me. i think snake vs diddy is fun...only when im winning though

tibs7

Smash Champion
also you need to side B into him when you have a banana in hand more.
need to learn how to weave through nades, space better.
he had you cornered from the start which is terrible. almost all the time any char in the game will come at you straight away expecting you to pull nanas. always be prepared for them to charge and counter.
when snakes really really high and kinda coming through the middle dont waste nanas by throwing them up keep them in your hand and throw at him or where he is going to land just space appropriately so he cant suprise you will FF aerial.
ummmm yeah just mainly fell for his spacing traps which is really hard to get around but in all you did alright.

vato_break

Smash Master
thanks tibs!!! thats really helpful advice, i think with your advice i can take out the H@Vok next time :D i think i might drp mk for diddy for certain matchups...diddy is a lot more fun vs snake, sonic, and gaw o:

Vega4

Smash Ace
thanks tibs!!! thats really helpful advice, i think with your advice i can take out the H@Vok next time :D i think i might drp mk for diddy for certain matchups...diddy is a lot more fun vs snake, sonic, and gaw o:
Diddy is a lot more fun than MK in every single matchup :)

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Really? I would have thought he was overused because of his high tier position.

(Really out of topic but what about Falcos?)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Really it varies by region. I can't speak for any regions but my own really. You can assume meta knights, and after that you don't know what do expect until you find out players in your area.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
But by your experience, what would you say generally? I'm just plain horrible versus Falco for some reasons, and i would hope that there's not alot of them like MKs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom