• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If he's trying to camp you then jump and you're far away then just jump and throw the banana to get more distance. Sometimes he will get control of the banana, but at least you baitied him out of his camping which gives you opportunity to punish.

To punish reflector you can time a side-b, crawl>dtilt with banana in hand, SH down throw the banana > fair.

Don't let him get close to you at low percents without you having a banana in your hand or else it's not too hard for him to get the grab>CG. Diddy's spotdodge is good so it can be uses, but not abused as falco's jab/spotdodge still wreck it.

If you get CGed to spiked then meteor cancel it. Find out what he does the first time he gets it and then adjust accordingly. Ex: if he tries to drop down and bair you out of your barrels go as far right as possible with your side-b or try to go under the stage bit (left) so his bair can't reach you without putting himself in a risky position.

If he's recovering then just throw banana/shoot peanuts at him. Charge a peanut and line it up with his side-b if you seem him going for it. Side-bing onto stage is also really unsafe for him when you have a banana as you can just shield it and glidetoss OoS and it'll pretty much reach anywhere he'll land.

Grabs work really well against him. Also, if he ever goes for his multi jab combo then just SDI up and uair him, it's super easy against him.

His main kill moves are usmash and bair so just be ready for them. Fsmash and uair are also good but can be blocked on reaction for the most part. Also, characters can't usmash over a banana it will force them to dash attack so if you think he's going for a usmash then just camp behind a banana.

As far as stages, I personally like FD more than SV since it has slightly larger blastzones making it harder for him to kill and no platforms makes it a lot harder for him to recover. PS1 and Castle Siege are IMO Diddy's best neutrals in this MU. Since most of Diddy's bad stages are also Falco's bad stages then I suggest learning on how to play RC/Brinstar/Frigate or something like that. I know RC REALLY well and I don't think I've ever lost to a falco there.

Edit: really the only thing falco has over Diddy is his camping game, once you get past that the MU isn't too hard. FD does help Falco's camp game, but I can deal with it pretty well and I can exploit all of falco's weaknesses on that stage also so that's just a personal preference.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
If he's trying to camp you then jump and you're far away then just jump and throw the banana to get more distance. Sometimes he will get control of the banana, but at least you baitied him out of his camping which gives you opportunity to punish.

To punish reflector you can time a side-b, crawl>dtilt with banana in hand, SH down throw the banana > fair.

Don't let him get close to you at low percents without you having a banana in your hand or else it's not too hard for him to get the grab>CG. Diddy's spotdodge is good so it can be uses, but not abused as falco's jab/spotdodge still wreck it.

If you get CGed to spiked then meteor cancel it. Find out what he does the first time he gets it and then adjust accordingly. Ex: if he tries to drop down and bair you out of your barrels go as far right as possible with your side-b or try to go under the stage bit (left) so his bair can't reach you without putting himself in a risky position.

If he's recovering then just throw banana/shoot peanuts at him. Charge a peanut and line it up with his side-b if you seem him going for it. Side-bing onto stage is also really unsafe for him when you have a banana as you can just shield it and glidetoss OoS and it'll pretty much reach anywhere he'll land.

Grabs work really well against him. Also, if he ever goes for his multi jab combo then just SDI up and uair him, it's super easy against him.

His main kill moves are usmash and bair so just be ready for them. Fsmash and uair are also good but can be blocked on reaction for the most part. Also, characters can't usmash over a banana it will force them to dash attack so if you think he's going for a usmash then just camp behind a banana.

As far as stages, I personally like FD more than SV since it has slightly larger blastzones making it harder for him to kill and no platforms makes it a lot harder for him to recover. PS1 and Castle Siege are IMO Diddy's best neutrals in this MU. Since most of Diddy's bad stages are also Falco's bad stages then I suggest learning on how to play RC/Brinstar/Frigate or something like that. I know RC REALLY well and I don't think I've ever lost to a falco there.

Edit: really the only thing falco has over Diddy is his camping game, once you get past that the MU isn't too hard. FD does help Falco's camp game, but I can deal with it pretty well and I can exploit all of falco's weaknesses on that stage also so that's just a personal preference.
Ty for the advice. I really appreciate it. Hopefully i can get over this dumb mnetal block against falco.

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mk camping the platform of SV isn't the main reason its bad vs him. It's just a secondary side effect of terrible

:phone:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I was told you cant shield grab Diddys DA. Which is something ive have been doing for awhile. Is this true? I was under the belief there was a part you can shield grab

vato_break

Smash Master
You might not be able to grab it if you have T-rex grab range lol but, if you character has a large grab range is very sheild grabable. Bam i told you that you could shield grab it, why you forget what i tell you @_@

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
You might not be able to grab it if you have T-rex grab range lol but, if you character has a large grab range is very sheild grabable. Bam i told you that you could shield grab it, why you forget what i tell you @_@
Because I have mr. Lord Chair on my throat claiming thats not possible for some idiotic reason. Seeing as hes a Smash Researcher, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Stupid me. I knew he was wrong.

Also Vato, you REMINDED me that I can. I learned that back in '08 playing with Dao.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
cuz unique passives dont stack so its funny. i shouldve ran banshee's or another bt

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hi guys.

What do you think about Pictochat as a counterpick?
I think that is a good stage for diddy, and a fun one, but I wanna know your opinion.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hi guys.

What do you think about Pictochat as a counterpick?
I think that is a good stage for diddy, and a fun one, but I wanna know your opinion.
Pictochat is pretty fantastic for Diddy, around the level of Smashville. It was my go-to CP for a lot of match-ups (including MK).

Unfortunately, it is banned in Unity and my region is using Unity now, so no more Picto for me.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
i killed a sharking mk on delphiono with a upB OoS..lol
On stages like Delfino or Brinstar, MK can't really punish this because you land on the top platform. He will either get hit by the up b or air dodge and he won't be able to punish the up b.

vato_break

Smash Master
Can't mk hit you out of the upB though? i assumed i only pulled it off because the mk spaced upair too close to me but, i really don't know. though im sure mk can punish this with empty short hops+upB though im just theorycrafting im not exactly sure

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Can't mk hit you out of the upB though? i assumed i only pulled it off because the mk spaced upair too close to me but, i really don't know. though im sure mk can punish this with empty short hops+upB though im just theorycrafting im not exactly sure
That's a bait though. You were talking about an MK that was Sharking. If he U-airs your shield or jumps towards you, all you have to do is up b.

Does the spike get stronger if you charge it? Also, why is there no frame data for this move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom