• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
For MK's Tornado, Instant/Dodge Dropping should be faster and safer than Instant Throwing, as the Dodge Dropped Banana comes out faster and you have invincibility frames.

Regarding Lucario: Whatever happened to the MU threads? Someone should start those back up :\

P1's picture: that was one of my favorite posts in here in a long time

Player-1

Smash Legend
Jebus, the fact that aura speres are going through your peanuts just means that you're not shooting enough. I'm the king of shooting more peanuts, but I still don't shoot enough which just means we should all be shooting more peanuts.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
kill him first stock before he does to u. otherwise play it like any other matchup and just out play ur opponent ;)

vato_break

Smash Master
if you take first stock he has to approach you to kill, or try to corner you you. don't get cornered and don't go for anything risky and you won't die, punish the **** out of him. in last hit situations, don't commit to anything, you don't have to. just punish.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I have trouble with punishing him in the air. I heard somewhere that F-air is great in this MU but I get punished almost every time I use it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I have trouble with punishing him in the air. I heard somewhere that F-air is great in this MU but I get punished almost every time I use it.
How exactly is he punishing you for it? It outranges and outprioritizes all his Aerials AFAIK (I could certainly be wrong, but I think this is the case). As long as you aren't landing during the lag, you should be okay when throwing this out at a decent range.

I have more trouble dealing with his Back Roll, personally. Someone told me to only play on small stages against Lucario for this reason; is this wise?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I saw a video of a diddy fairing mk out of tornado from the top after it popped him up like 7 times in one match.. I think it was Mampam v Seibrik. Made it seem like the easiest thing in the world, can't find the video now tho =/

Gnes

Smash Master
means he's doing it wrong. Best thing to do is DI out with a naner in your hand>Z drop>Bair/Fair/insert aerial

@jebus-if it aint trela its done. Every f-smash he uses on stage should be punished. The best thing he has is cross ups on our shield and even that is risky if we challenge him as he tries it. Just play really safe and try to stay in the middle stage. The hardest part against lucario is recovering.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
means he's doing it wrong. Best thing to do is DI out with a naner in your hand>Z drop>Bair/Fair/insert aerial

@jebus-if it aint trela its done. Every f-smash he uses on stage should be punished. The best thing he has is cross ups on our shield and even that is risky if we challenge him as he tries it. Just play really safe and try to stay in the middle stage. The hardest part against lucario is recovering.
How do you punish his F-smash and his aerials?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u srs jebus mah boi?

dood a punish is a punish. see the opponent attack ur shield u have infinite options to punish ala grab or oos options. mobility is also a form of punishment, as well as spacing and zoning. forcing lucario to mispace his fsmash gives u less room for error when deciding upon a punish.

also our fair ***** his fair and dair, not sure bout his bair and upair, but pretty damn sure it ***** his fair and dair.

lucario fsmash seems to have little ending lag amirite? well another thing it also requires is that lucario needs to be close-short/mid distance from u to hit u/ur shield. diddy has close range punishes such as dash attack or grab to long range punishes as oos banana or peanut.

cmon jebus broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

where dfear atttttt

vato_break

Smash Master
I think lucarios fsmash is only hard to deal with when your on the ledge nanerless, you have to hope their close for a get up attack or jump away or something idk. His Fsmash is dumb because it's range and that it lingers, though if you learn the frame data range for it, it should be to easy to punish. The only thing i hate about lucario is when i can't seem to kill him and he gets closer to killing me when its last stock, you just can't commit to things i guess, just punish? idk

and player 1, make sure your di'ing up agianst lucas stupid nair combos or you'll take a lot more damage than you should. you also rush in a lot vs pk fire and get punished like 70% of the time. Just walk in and PS, or maybe crouch? im not sure if crouch works, if your close enough you should be able to punish if not keep walking in. Running really limits your options as lucas can mix it up on you with a grab if you run in. You also should try to gimp lucas more especially with bananas, his recovery isn't super good and getting an early lead could help! also those grab releases? im not quite sure if diddy has any but, if he does use them. you played a lot better game 1 than in game 2

I think if you pummel lucas and he falls off stage you can gimp him because he doesn't grab the ledge as he falls off..i think? i don't remember though.

looks like ima diddy main now, if mk gets banned! yay? :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I think if you pummel lucas and he falls off stage you can gimp him because he doesn't grab the ledge as he falls off..i think? i don't remember though.
only way he can is with a buffered zair to grab the ledge...easily solved with dtilt ;)

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm probably the best Diddy player in British Columbia right now. However, I don't really have much tourney experience. Does anyone know any gimmicks against diddy that have a specific counter?

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm a diddy main from LA. I havnt posted in the diddy threads much but I read them very often to stay updated. If anyone has helpful advice of any sort, I'm willing to take it :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think lucarios fsmash is only hard to deal with when your on the ledge nanerless, you have to hope their close for a get up attack or jump away or something idk. His Fsmash is dumb because it's range and that it lingers, though if you learn the frame data range for it, it should be to easy to punish. The only thing i hate about lucario is when i can't seem to kill him and he gets closer to killing me when its last stock, you just can't commit to things i guess, just punish? idk

and player 1, make sure your di'ing up agianst lucas stupid nair combos or you'll take a lot more damage than you should. you also rush in a lot vs pk fire and get punished like 70% of the time. Just walk in and PS, or maybe crouch? im not sure if crouch works, if your close enough you should be able to punish if not keep walking in. Running really limits your options as lucas can mix it up on you with a grab if you run in. You also should try to gimp lucas more especially with bananas, his recovery isn't super good and getting an early lead could help! also those grab releases? im not quite sure if diddy has any but, if he does use them. you played a lot better game 1 than in game 2

looks like ima diddy main now, if mk gets banned! yay? :)
I'll try Diing out of nairs next time, I don't think I actually rushed in against PK fire that much and got punished for it, a few times yes, but I know 2nd game I actually tripped into PK fires three times which was dumb >.>, and wtf at lucas mixing it up with a grab when I'm rushing in...? his grab is terrible especially against diddy and even if it was good, he like never grabbed me. I tried gimping Lucas if he's way off stage with projectiles, but I generally don't try to punish it too much as Lucas can gimp diddy pretty well with up-b and zair. I do have grab releases, but Mekos told me that he can guarantee an air release and that's how I lost to him the last time I played him because I kept trying to grab release him so I just didn't really even think about it that much, although I should have on YI since the slope would have guaranteed me a grab release. If Mekos gets ground released he ALWAYS go for the jab since it's lucas's fastest option so I can just fsmash him out of it which is what I would have done, so I'll keep in mind using ground releases on sloped stages, I just forgot about it after first game. All together yes, I was playing better first game, but pretty much after I started making that huge comeback I thought I was playing 2nd game for that part.

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh yeah the same lucas that beat Esam in a set and the same wolf that was taking games off of M2K which matters according to you

edit: and you're over there losing to DDDs with DIDDY, lololz.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
oh yeah the same lucas that beat Esam in a set and the same wolf that was taking games off of M2K which matters according to you

edit: and you're over there losing to DDDs with DIDDY, lololz.
The same DDD that beat Big Lou who is ranked above you

Player-1

Smash Legend
We don't have them, those PRs are based off the results that came before that and reflect those tournament results, this is the new age, this season ends at the end of the month and BigLou probably won't even be on it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
We don't have them, those PRs are based off the results that came before that and reflect those tournament results, this is the new age, this season ends at the end of the month and BigLou probably won't even be on it.
Well, as of now, He is ranked above you. He was also ranked above you when he lost to Zekey

Player-1

Smash Legend
P1, where are you located?
Brawl FC: 1676-3349-3322

@jebus, he's ranked above me cuz of the last seasons performance, nothing this season is considered meaning rankings are outdated so soz try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom