• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
ok diddys side b has a little invinceabilty in the begging right?
The glow u see is yellow not white. YEllow means it grabs during that period. White means Invincibility. This is why bowser glows yellow in his forward b also.

fZk

Smash Lord
What is exactly this "hump grab release < footstool combo" I've been hearing about? Would someone, please, care to elaborate.

Luigi player

Smash Master
What is exactly this "hump grab release < footstool combo" I've been hearing about? Would someone, please, care to elaborate.
Too bad NinjaLinks video in his sig isn't working right now because then you could've seen it ^^

Well anyway you side B into someone to grab them, then wait for them to break out and then footstool them. (I think this only works in the air (on the ground it wouldn't really have any purpose anyway lol))

This works on MK. (I have no idea if it works on others though)

DUB

Smash Lord
Does Diddy have any other grab release tricks on MK. I know about the footstoll but he can he fair them out of grab release?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Okay, I wanted to talk about usmash. It has a really weird property on where the beginning of the last kick cannot be grabbed, or in some cases avoids attacks. It doesn't seem like invinicibility frames, and he doesn't go that far off the ground for him to be too high to get shieldgrabbed. It makes no sense, does anyone know how to explain it?

fZk

Smash Lord
Too bad NinjaLinks video in his sig isn't working right now because then you could've seen it ^^

Well anyway you side B into someone to grab them, then wait for them to break out and then footstool them. (I think this only works in the air (on the ground it wouldn't really have any purpose anyway lol))

This works on MK. (I have no idea if it works on others though)
Ok, the famous first stock against M2K, I've seen it. But isn't it better to press jump while humping to jump up and spike them.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just did a training mode session with Nash, the diddy i'm doin my guide with, some random day he found a "tech" for his second, yoshi, and we realised it's doable with ddk.
His (or another's, we don't care about the credits) tech is to use a move that make his character go to the very edge of the stage (roll, dash attack, crawl and stuff) and then do a Bmove, the character will fall during the move (it doesn't work with all specials, we still dunno why). In the case of DDK, only the banana pull works ; but by searching a little (and doing some random **** with this) we found some good uses ; here are our setups :

-On someone hogging on the ledge, do a dash attack (screws ledehops) then banana pull, if they stayed on the ledge the banana will poke em, and you can DJ-bair to stagespike them or dair to just spike. It doesn't work if the opponent has godlike reflexes or godlike timing, but if they don't know about it it's an easy kill.

-With a banana in hand, crawl backward facing the center of the stage, and pull the banana, then DJ and toss the other one ; then hog. It is yet another form of Special K xD

-You can set this tech up with any kind of glide toss ; and down or up glide tosses on the ledge followed by this tech, hmm this is too good, really. And by facing stage/void, you can have different effects, so uses.

It IS situationnal, but in the 3 or 4 matches we did afterward, we both used it at least 5-6 times, leading into some really epic stuff. I wanted to know what you think of it, and if you think of another way to use this glitch. Also, why does this happen so we could found other moves that have the same effects. One sad thing is that it is useless as hell to do when your 2 bananas are out.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Okay, I wanted to talk about usmash. It has a really weird property on where the beginning of the last kick cannot be grabbed, or in some cases avoids attacks. It doesn't seem like invinicibility frames, and he doesn't go that far off the ground for him to be too high to get shieldgrabbed. It makes no sense, does anyone know how to explain it?
No, you had it right the first time; the last kick of Diddy's U-smash elevates him high enough to a point where grabs and even most low attacks will just whiff underneath him. It's really just surprisingly good programming more than anything else.

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, you had it right the first time; the last kick of Diddy's U-smash elevates him high enough to a point where grabs and even most low attacks will just whiff underneath him. It's really just surprisingly good programming more than anything else.
Hmm okay, good to know. If i recall I believe I actually dodged a dedede's shieldgrab, lol I guess range doesn't matter.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Came back from a tournament interstate yesterday. Strange as it sounds, it was structured not to have a Singles tournament for Brawl or Melee.

It was designed to have doubles and 4-man crews for both games. I guess most notable was my 4 man crew making 4th place which isn't really that notable considering everything. Other than that there's nothing much to really report.

But now I have like, 4 days of reading to catch up on =_=

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Hmm okay, good to know. If i recall I believe I actually dodged a dedede's shieldgrab, lol I guess range doesn't matter.
I do it ALL THE TIME. I SMASH DI the **** out of the stick when he press down and then I air dodge or roll backwards. It's either the DDD(Desu) is messing up or I'm DIing out of his reach ;o

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I just did a training mode session with Nash, the diddy i'm doin my guide with, some random day he found a "tech" for his second, yoshi, and we realised it's doable with ddk.
His (or another's, we don't care about the credits) tech is to use a move that make his character go to the very edge of the stage (roll, dash attack, crawl and stuff) and then do a Bmove, the character will fall during the move (it doesn't work with all specials, we still dunno why). In the case of DDK, only the banana pull works ; but by searching a little (and doing some random **** with this) we found some good uses ; here are our setups :

-On someone hogging on the ledge, do a dash attack (screws ledehops) then banana pull, if they stayed on the ledge the banana will poke em, and you can DJ-bair to stagespike them or dair to just spike. It doesn't work if the opponent has godlike reflexes or godlike timing, but if they don't know about it it's an easy kill.

-With a banana in hand, crawl backward facing the center of the stage, and pull the banana, then DJ and toss the other one ; then hog. It is yet another form of Special K xD

-You can set this tech up with any kind of glide toss ; and down or up glide tosses on the ledge followed by this tech, hmm this is too good, really. And by facing stage/void, you can have different effects, so uses.

It IS situationnal, but in the 3 or 4 matches we did afterward, we both used it at least 5-6 times, leading into some really epic stuff. I wanted to know what you think of it, and if you think of another way to use this glitch. Also, why does this happen so we could found other moves that have the same effects. One sad thing is that it is useless as hell to do when your 2 bananas are out.
Sounds.....uh.....idk old to me. Dont hurt me >_<

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Teneban: I've done that on ocassion as well (accidentally mind you), I never thought of finding a practical use for it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, you can even avoid Jigglys rollout with an uptilt o.O (easily if you know when it would hit you)

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
About the instant throw technique.
This seems like it would be really obvious, but I'll share it for people who don't know, if your opponent gets a hold of your banana and throws it at you, you can do an instant and very unpredictable "counter-throw"
Just cancel the airdodge with the throw while catching the banana thrown by your opponent in the air.
This can surprise your opponent and even make him scared to throw your bananas in your direction.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i know this sounds ridiculous, but does anybody have problems with wario eating your banans? lol -_-. everytime i throw them, wario EATS THEM :\ wtf? lol, how do i get past this? and btw his chomp's priority is ridiculous.

Luigi player

Smash Master
i know this sounds ridiculous, but does anybody have problems with wario eating your banans? lol -_-. everytime i throw them, wario EATS THEM :\ wtf? lol, how do i get past this? and btw his chomp's priority is ridiculous.
Just feed him with them and punish his lag.

If I play Wario I love to eat the bananas from Diddy Kongs while they're pulling them out, if I'm Diddy I love feeding them to him and punish him for it ^^

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Just feed him with them and punish his lag.

If I play Wario I love to eat the bananas from Diddy Kongs while they're pulling them out, if I'm Diddy I love feeding them to him and punish him for it ^^
i do...if its kirby or D3. but warios ending lag is barely even there. i tried, it just eats and it returns back to attacking lol :ohwell:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
HE still lags from it. I just grab immediately. The reason the bite has priority is because his head gets bigger but his hurt box stays the same.

Count

Smash Champion
I like to glide toss two straight bananas at him if possible, then if he bites the first one he gets hit by the second and gets punished. If he somehow manages to eat the second I can usually follow up with a grab or dash attack.

DUB

Smash Lord
New something I've been doing lately. Pick up on it or critique I dont really care. You could call it an approach.

Your opponent should be about medium to long distance from you.

Warning: This Technique requires little tech skill, a popgun, and a naner.

Full hop with your back to them and B-Pivot a popgun shot so when you hit the ground you should have no lag and go right into a GT.

Small yeah, but something you could mix in. I promise you if your start B-pivoting popguns people just automatically lose against you.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ninjalink after every post in this thread

Ninjalink said:
ive done this b4
Also I have trouble when im on the edge against mainly Marth and Snake. If I ledgehop Fair they will just shield grab me and throw me off edge again. IF I side b off edge Snake will Nair and marth will Craq Walk or just space himself to Fsmash me. Normal Get up and short hopping and doing nothing get me grabbed as well. I dunno what to do. Ive been doing some up airs, but that just stalls.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ninjalink after every post in this thread

Also I have trouble when im on the edge against mainly Marth and Snake. If I ledgehop Fair they will just shield grab me and throw me off edge again. IF I side b off edge Snake will Nair and marth will Craq Walk or just space himself to Fsmash me. Normal Get up and short hopping and doing nothing get me grabbed as well. I dunno what to do. Ive been doing some up airs, but that just stalls.
If you have a banana you could jump back and throw it at them... (then follow with a side B maybe?)

Just roll up, but this is easy to punish. Maybe it works if you let go of the ledge, jump and airdodge at the same time so you can't get hit. And be sure to always try different stuff so your opponent will never know what you'll do.

DUB

Smash Lord
Chrome I think they have to be in the air for the spike portion of the attack to come into effect.

@Yoshididdy: Occasionally I'll find myself in situations just like that. Just gotta keep mixing it up and showing them options they havent seen yet. Do a couple Up+B stalls and wall-jump naners. Be as unpredictable as you can. Sometimes no matter what you do they'll keep you on that ledge pressure well. If you take a hit DI up as much as you can and try to land somewhere on the stage besides the ledge. Tough situation to be in. Especially against Snakes and Marths.

TreK

Is "that guy"
omg that's weird
when you down toss without GTing a banana, it will slide, you know that ; but we just realised with a friend that if you hold a direction between the beginning and the end of the animation, the banana will slide to the opposite side. I don't understand why at ALL, can someone explain it ? oO

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Ooo iRjOn reappears on Diddy forums!

But umm guy its cause that spot that the nanner takes up can be in the same spot as your boby so w/e direction u hold it will move the oppisite because diddy moves alittle and they cant overlap each other...

thats quite correct right ppl?
I believe so correct me if I'm wrong tho...

heh Diddy's pimp <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom