• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
will you stop talking to me like im some kid... im 21 i pay my own dam bills and insurance, earned a full tuition academic scholarship so i pay for school too. i am GRADUATING with a bachelors in finance in may! U think im in highschool just because i main Pit or something? im no a kid so lay off on the condescending kiddo ish, i can drink (you under the table) legally.

anyway i wish just ONE of you would step up to the plate and accept my challenge if you are going to keep acting like im a n00b who cant play the game, at least have some proof or else its called IGNORANCE!! No i DONT play with items (despise them), and there is no "after school" im not a freakin high schooler.

seems like you guys have more experience sucking each other off on the SWF than actually playing the dam game... prolly chillin in a hot tub together with a laptop stroking and groping tryin to decide what to say to me next

Player-1

Smash Legend
Kyu: It is VERY annoying when we're 9 months into the game and we get people spamming (yes, it's considered spam now that these techniques are so universal and so old) these boards when they ask "z0mg, I saw scrub hacking ssbb, he slid and threw a banana AT THE SAME TIME" or "Hey guys! I discovered a new AT, Diddy can move up while use his Up-B" We have guides and other threads in the stickies that say how to do all of these things.

Le Thien: Needs to drop it

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
sry, i just thought the stickied Q&A thread might be a good place to politely ask, and i still feel as though i was justified in that notion and should not have been thoroughly attacked for asking a simple question IN the simple question THREAD.

And yes, Le_Thien should have dropped it a long time ago im not a n00b and have since learned what glide tossing is (thanks to vyse and count with their helpful videos and guides), and its been incorporated in my diddy game ever since i really started playing him.

Player-1

Smash Legend
sry, i just thought the stickied Q&A thread might be a good place to politely ask, and i still feel as though i was justified in that notion and should not have been thoroughly attacked for asking a simple question IN the simple question THREAD.

And yes, Le_Thien should have dropped it a long time ago im not a n00b and have since learned what glide tossing is (thanks to vyse and count with their helpful videos and guides), and its been incorporated in my diddy game ever since i really started playing him.

Think of it this way, if I went onto the Pit boards and asked what arrow looping was, they'd probably tell me politely and I'd be on my way. Now let's say a week later someone does the same thing, and then another, and then another, and this continued for 9 months even though their on plenty of Pit guides or Pit AT discussion that has it and the people just continued to ignore it. I'm sure the Pit boards would be just as aggrevated as the crap we get.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Think of it this way, if I went onto the Pit boards and asked what arrow looping was, they'd probably tell me politely and I'd be on my way. Now let's say a week later someone does the same thing, and then another, and then another, and this continued for 9 months even though their on plenty of Pit guides or Pit AT discussion that has it and the people just continued to ignore it. I'm sure the Pit boards would be just as aggrevated as the crap we get.
i hate to say it but we treat *real* n00bs very nicely no matter how dumb the question gets... i can honestly say ive never seen the Pit boards flame anybody.

Anyway being a Pit main i had no use for glide tossing, since he doesnt have a personal item so please try to be understanding about the fact that not knowing glide toss has NO effect on how good i am as a Pit player, i only seek knowledge when it is necessary

Player-1

Smash Legend
i hate to say it but we treat *real* n00bs very nicely no matter how dumb the question gets... i can honestly say ive never seen the Pit boards flame anybody.

Anyway being a Pit main i had no use for glide tossing, since he doesnt have a personal item so please try to be understanding about the fact that not knowing glide toss has NO effect on how good i am as a Pit player, i only seek knowledge when it is necessary
I'm sure the Pit boards would be annoyed if they got questions like 'what is arrow looping' or 'why can't I up-b after getting hit during my up-b' for 9 months straight even though theyhad guides and other crap like that. It's just considered spam and you can't blame Thien for hating spam.

DK players don't have an item yet I see DK players glide tossing my bananas all the time. Even though you don't have a personal item, it's good to know since you can use Diddy's bananas against him easier, or ROB's Gyros, or Link's/TLink's bombs, or Snake's grenades, or Peach's turnips. I GT an item whenever I can no matter if it's bananas or turnips.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
DK players don't have an item yet I see DK players glide tossing my bananas all the time. Even though you don't have a personal item, it's good to know since you can use Diddy's bananas against him easier, or ROB's Gyros, or Link's/TLink's bombs, or Snake's grenades, or Peach's turnips. I GT an item whenever I can no matter if it's bananas or turnips.
ok now thats knowledge. thats the kind of info that im looking for when i post in the Q&A Thread. Its okay for them to be annoyed with me, but in the end of it, they didnt help whatsoever and you just did. for that, thanks

It put things in a different perspective when you said it like this, i guess i really should have been using it all along. Im quite an aggressive Pit player, i usually just reflect items or work around them. Pit also has a crappy dash attack for picking up items, it leaves him wide open so i usually just stay away from them in general.

Ive already made my diddy surpass my marth as a 2nd, so with his fighting philosophy in mind, ill see what i can do w/ glide tossing to make my pit more potent as well. Thanks Player-1!!

ps. still havent been able to pull ur chaingrab off in battle lol so hard

Boofy!

Smash Champion
This could have been resolved much easier if someone just answered Kyuu's question instead of giving him the runaround.. But in THieN's defense it does get irritating after awhile, and also...

I got 99 problems
But a n00b ain't one
THIS was hilarious, I don't give a phuck what you say.. forget "lol" i almost pissed myself when i read this

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I'm sure the Pit boards would be annoyed if they got questions like 'what is arrow looping' or 'why can't I up-b after getting hit during my up-b' for 9 months straight even though theyhad guides and other crap like that. It's just considered spam and you can't blame Thien for hating spam.

Lol I should do that right now.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ok so I have been in a slump lately. I have been using pretty much the same approaches, and need to mix it up. Yea online really messes up with your game.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Woot new laptop, now I can finally start work on my 2nd combo video that I made that trailer for months ago =)
im trying to scrounge up the money to get a laptop, but i havnt had the best of luck.

its a shame you wont be able to come to gigs in FL this saturday. I guess we'll just have to meet at impact clash III. You'll know who i am cause ill be running the brawl singles/doubles brackets :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
No me.

10chars
i didnt mean i'd be ****** the brackets. I meant i'll literally be the one running the brackets. calling matches and getting results and whatnot.

of course, i also will be ****** the brackets. but i didnt mean in it in that particular post :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what is faster...upair or bair O-o? in terms of startup hit frames and i know the ending frames of the upair is longer but which one attacks first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom