• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Anyone keep tap jump on? I'm considering it so I can up b out of shield when someone has a banana in their hand and to react quick enough when meta's whorenado is coming for me if my shield is low. Sometimes people just blatantly throw it at your shield and charge--alot of people do, that's why I'm thinking about it.
Yah, I keep tap jump on too.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh and.....MY BAD YO! sorry GamerDragonX, madd props to you fellow diddy main!
ironically enough I was interested in finding players from Florida here, but I guess I didn't look hard enough lol :D
florida diddy's ftw =D. goto weston or davie ull find me there :p.

@chrome's question

back when i used to main MK i would upb out of shield for well obvious reasons (the hit on frame one is so satisfying man xD) and i used tap jump off cause i rely on my uptilts for surprise kills and air combo setups. so on personal preference it should not matter whether its off or not as long u can still use ur uptilt its cool :p

my question:
What is actually the exact chance of the barrel actually homing on ur target upong barrel canceling? there must be a statistic for this. like everytime i do it i find it that it hits my opponent 1/4 of the time. but what is it for real

Nike.

Smash Hero
*raises hand* I has a question :D

What 3 characters can counter diddy (or his 3 hardest match ups if he doesnt have one)? Preferably in order of difficulty.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

Count

Smash Champion
*raises hand* I has a question :D

What 3 characters can counter diddy (or his 3 hardest match ups if he doesnt have one)? Preferably in order of difficulty.
Luigi, Olimar, Falco

I would say..although I seem to be learning falco and I think other diddy players are as well.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
Can someone link me to where it explains how to dribble with one banana or just explain it for me please?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You glide toss down backwards and press A in the middle of the glide toss. Don't hold back on the control stick.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
reverse popgun cancel.
Thanks for ruining it >_<
neutral b cancel? Oo
I thought you have to air dodge for that
No u dont......
Can someone link me to where it explains how to dribble with one banana or just explain it for me please?
Just throw it down backwards and regrab while still sliding.
^^ U actually can hold back. Pivot grabbing the banana ^_^

BTW it looks like gano was watching someones vids *whistles*

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Happy 2009 my Diddy Mains.

Excuse me while I *hurbarglarrgh* my god I got drunk. My best advice to my fellow Diddy mains is to actually think about the alcohol you're consuming. Or don't drink at all! Yeah, don't drink and glide toss.

Count

Smash Champion
Happy 2009 my Diddy Mains.

Excuse me while I *hurbarglarrgh* my god I got drunk. My best advice to my fellow Diddy mains is to actually think about the alcohol you're consuming. Or don't drink at all! Yeah, don't drink and glide toss.
I played SSBB whilst drunk a few weeks ago. I could still glide toss!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Sorry if this was covered somewhere else or if its a bad question, but when should I be using the peanut gun?
whenever on whoever o-o its great for spacing, great for forcing a shield (stupid players xD lol i love them) and great for gimping ppl such as dk with poor vertical recovery or any recovery for that matter. its just a great versatile weapon not so much for dmg (unless charged)

Ugg

Smash Champion
whenever on whoever o-o its great for spacing, great for forcing a shield (stupid players xD lol i love them) and great for gimping ppl such as dk with poor vertical recovery or any recovery for that matter. its just a great versatile weapon not so much for dmg (unless charged)
Okay, thanks very much sir

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
I'm somewhat sure this has been covered, but yet to find it....lol

I played a gangsta Snake, and I noticed a very good ledgeguard/spike alternative....It is very situational, but when Snake uses the cypher up against Smashville, FinalD, and Battlefield, as in rise at a slant against the level, Diddy can just barrel boosts on top of the rising cypher without having to leave the stage, just ^B on the edge....it is pretty much garenteed; HOWEVER, this is very situational, and I would figure most snake mains would cypher from afar and not underneath, but when it does happen, this can allow for a safe spike with significantly less risk....just 6% from the cypher rebound lol

I don't know if this has any kind of competitive application, but it is a very nice way to punish snakes :D
try it out!.....maybe someone can tweak it into a ledge/spike technique???? lol

if this has been stumbled upon already than my bad, fo real :)

Ugg

Smash Champion

I played a gangsta Snake, and I noticed a very good ledgeguard/spike alternative....It is very situational, but when Snake uses the cypher up against Smashville, FinalD, and Battlefield, as in rise at a slant against the level, Diddy can just barrel boosts on top of the rising cypher without having to leave the stage, just ^B on the edge....it is pretty much garenteed; HOWEVER, this is very situational, and I would figure most snake mains would cypher from afar and not underneath, but when it does happen, this can allow for a safe spike with significantly less risk....just 6% from the cypher rebound lol

I don't know if this has any kind of competitive application, but it is a very nice way to punish snakes :D

Not many snakes recover that close to the edge with the cypher unless they have to (that I know of), and I'd rather go for a stage spike under most situations

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I would figure most Snakes cypher from a relative distance away from the stage in order to simply avoid a spike....

lol the dude in my crew cyphers from BFE, but every now and then he gets caught comin from underneath with this. Im going to try to mess around a little more, maybe find something a bit useful...hopefully...

I'd love to help out Diddy's developement lol....

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Is of best for diddy to recover high or medium or low?
as long as ur on the stage it will not matter. it depends who u are facing. for snake just be cautious of nikita/fair/mortar if ddd watch for bair/fair if rob watch for gyro/lazer its varied. i always go high/medium

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Is of best for diddy to recover high or medium or low?
It definetly depends on all the variables (character,situation exc.) however, in my experience, I have found it best to do a distraction (peanut for example) and recover low and get right onto the edge. U can then go into a normal ledge game. I always try to recover as quick as possible with him so if I'm in range of a b-side->ledge, that works best.

Hope that helps. Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious.

Recovery mindgames work really well the Diddy =).

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
If platforms Mix it up. Try Barrel boosting if you think you can out psyche your opponent on to the platforms

Player-3

Smash Hero
im going to a tournament this saturday with player-1
and i need some halp beating him, last time hes the one who knocked me out

so tell me how to beat him.
ive tried unplugging his controller, it doesnt work

help plx

(srs bisness)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

I beat snakes like this back in the day. Also works on d3.

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
I beat snakes like this back in the day. Also works on d3.
Nice.....back in the day eh? lol

D3? good stuff!! I like the technique, sadly good snakes will catch on....over the past couple days it has just become a "surprise" spike lol.....

BTW, are any of the Diddy mains going to Gigabits in Orlando?

Player-1

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VY6Sg7oiy4

This. Anyone ever tried to master this ? I THINK it could **** out of ledgehops. floored bananas eat shields for breakfast right ? Timing must be frame perfect though, i don't think it's useable. What do you think ?
I don't try to do it unless it's PS1. I occasioinally do it on accident on LC and YI, but on PS1, on the first stage, if you get in the ditch between the house and the tree, the ditch right up next to the tree, you can GT and make it slide almost all the way to the edge, iunno if it works non GT.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
wow thats awesome, thx for posting.
Has anyone tested how it affects when people are hit by the banana? Just normal? (Idk what im looking for, maybe it has a SUPER trip haha)

Player-1

Smash Legend
No, it's really old, nothing new and I'd think that we DIddy mains would be using a 'super trip' if it had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom