• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Diddy has no save moves, he's vunerable all the time.
Ok, i see the importance of bananas then.

And which moves have the most shield pushback / hitlag ? I mean, what moves couldn't be sheildgrabbed / or even FTilted by Snake OOS (>_>) ?

(Oh, and the DA is easily shieldgrabbable, isn't it ?)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok, i see the importance of bananas then.

And which moves have the most shield pushback / hitlag ? I mean, what moves couldn't be sheildgrabbed / or even FTilted by Snake OOS (>_>) ?

(Oh, and the DA is easily shieldgrabbable, isn't it ?)
dash attack is able to get shieldgrabbed but its somewhat difficult because you have to time it well. Basically, everything you do with diddy is a risk. I use alot of bananas, but don't get nervous about being punished, just experiment with tilts and stuff to find out what works for what best. Eventually once you master diddy you'll be able to have a really effective pressure game with bananas and non-banana play.

TreK

Is "that guy"
What chrome said xD

Btw thanks for the french video thread i didn't see it :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I won an 8 man Brawl tournament yesterday weeeeeeeee.

****, finals was close. Wish I had it on tape lol.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I have a question:

What is the safest way to get off the ledge. I play a Marth a lot and I sometimes have trouble getting back on the stage. It seems like every option is punishable. :confused:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
^ That doesn't work at all. Monkey Flips will get shielded and dolphin slashed or grabbed. Or spaced well into a Fmash. And you can only keep up with the surprise or so long..

ADHD

Smash Hero
Here's a universal trick to get back on the ledge safely against any character no matter how good at ledgeguarding they are. Side b backwards away from the stage and smash pluck a naner so it falls right next to them. At the price of distracting them and giving them a banana you get to get back on the stage. But, if they don't pick it up you can airdodge throw it and it will hit them.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^ That doesn't work at all. Monkey Flips will get shielded and dolphin slashed or grabbed. Or spaced well into a Fmash. And you can only keep up with the surprise or so long..
well you would obviously mix it up doing so, I've had success with the flip kick several times, and conditioning wall jumped bairs has helped me.. but I haven't played too many decent marth's either

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have a question:

What is the safest way to get off the ledge. I play a Marth a lot and I sometimes have trouble getting back on the stage. It seems like every option is punishable. :confused:
Just hit the jump button to jump off the ledge into the air above the stage.
I find that works pretty well.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
hello all, im a pit main and just decided to secondary diddy... i used him once and just loved how fun he is on top of how he frustrates opponents with his lil basterd monkey self. I also saw a video of NL beasting m2k.

Im not a n00b at the game so pardon the n00bish question but it seems important: WHAT is this glide toss everyone is talking about!?!? and how its done...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
hello all, im a pit main and just decided to secondary diddy... i used him once and just loved how fun he is on top of how he frustrates opponents with his lil basterd monkey self. I also saw a video of NL beasting m2k.

Im not a n00b at the game so pardon the n00bish question but it seems important: WHAT is this glide toss everyone is talking about!?!? and how its done...
No offense, but that's probably the most n00b question you could have asked, and the game is almost a year old. Please search the tactical thread before you ask such a rudimentary question.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but that's probably the most n00b question you could have asked, and the game is almost a year old. Please search the tactical thread before you ask such a rudimentary question.
Thanks for being useless. Well, anyone else want to save me a trip to the tactical thread?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks for being useless. Well, anyone else want to save me a trip to the tactical thread?
And thank you for proving your worth as an (in)competent player in the span of two SWF posts without me ever having to watch a video of yours. Glide-tossing is a near-universal technique that every character is capable of doing; the irony here is that you're main has arguably the longest and fastest glide-toss in the game, in your coming to the Diddy Forums for a definition of what the technique is.

There is a search function on practically every page and thread of this entire website, and you've never bothered to punch in the appropriate keywords to find one of the 10,000 posts describing to you what glide-tossing is? The Diddy Forums get spammed with this question at least bi-weekly, and it's time for n00bz like you to get with the program a do some mild research for yourself before you decide to waste our time.

How can you have possibly played Brawl and not know what glide-tossing is? Have you ever been to YouTube before?

Seriously. Oh em gee.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
And thank you for proving your worth as an (in)competent player in the span of two SWF posts without me ever having to watch a video of yours. Glide-tossing is a near-universal technique that every character is capable of doing; the irony here is that you're main has arguably the longest and fastest glide-toss in the game, in your coming to the Diddy Forums for a definition of what the technique is.

There is a search function on practically every page and thread of this entire website, and you've never bothered to punch in the appropriate keywords to find one of the 10,000 posts describing to you what glide-tossing is? The Diddy Forums get spammed with this question at least bi-weekly, and it's time for n00bz like you to get with the program a do some mild research for yourself before you decide to waste our time.

How can you have possibly played Brawl and not know what glide-tossing is? Have you ever been to YouTube before?

Seriously. Oh em gee.
Or maybe its something that ive done or know of and havent caught up with the stupid terminology for yet. What's in a name anyway? Nothing... and you are going to evaluate my ability to play the game in direct correlation with my knowledge of vocabulary that was MADE UP most likely by my peers?? PUHHLEASE... and speaking of the Pit boards, you can go there to verify that im no n00b, as many of them would tell you, id probably play YOU on equal terms you rude dumpster mouth. Maybe i should go tell them that my first experience on the diddy boards was with some pompous know-it-all who would rather insult me than to briefly explain something that is apparently extremely simple. Im sorry if the diddy forums get spammed with questions like that, but if you all are this rude to newcomers and people who dont know stupid vocabulary then you deserve it... search is ******** and i dont like it because it comes up with a thousand irrelevant threads with the word i want used ONCE in it.

Anyway i was offended by you calling me an incompetent player, why dont you play against me and try saying that again? You are so ignorant saying things like that, way more ignorant than me not knowing a single vocabulary term that was made up by some user on the smashboards.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Kyuubi9t:
Check the other Diddy Stickies, specifically the one linked in my signature. You'll find the answer there.
If you wanted to learn Diddy would've been a good idea to check in there regardless.

@Everyone: My name is no longer 'vyse', it's now 'Vyse'
:)

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
@Kyuubi9t:
Check the other Diddy Stickies, specifically the one linked in my signature. You'll find the answer there.
If you wanted to learn Diddy would've been a good idea to check in there regardless.

@Everyone: My name is no longer 'vyse', it's now 'Vyse'
:)
Thank you, and i had that thread up on my screen for the longest time, but i was too content owning people with diddy on "with anyone" smash that i didnt have time to. I just wanted to get a basic feel for him first, and interpret him my own way before i learned the "right" way to play him. I did this with Pit too and my pit owns hard. I will now do my research on diddy since i m already confident in my control of the basics, and ability to easily beat anyone who id easily beat with my pit.

ps. vyse is the man, anyone who appreciates skies of arcadia is great in my book ;-)

Count

Smash Champion
Sweet name change vyse..and kyu if you were able to beat le thien we'd all be extremely impressed considering he has placed highly in numerous large tournies in texas. lol.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Sweet name change vyse..and kyu if you were able to beat le thien we'd all be extremely impressed considering he has placed highly in numerous large tournies in texas. lol.
Yes li thien is one of the top right now.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
it gives him no right to be rude and call me incompetent which was a groundless insult. wow impressive but i doubt he would 3 stock me, as he would an incompetent player. anyway im done arguing, im gonna stick around the diddy boards for a while so no use starting problems here... :-/

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
lol

what is glide-tossing?!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't even need to know anything else about you.

lol @ 'rudedumpstermouf'

kehe

editz

@ 3stockcomment:

i mm u three mediumrare stakes

i wont use gl (= glidtoz)

me = win

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Le_THieN and I are playing Good Cop, Bad Cop here.

"Now you can either learn what glide tossing is by reading my thread, or my partner here...heh heh heh"

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
lol

what is glide-tossing?!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't even need to know anything else about you.

lol @ 'rudedumpstermouf'

kehe

editz

@ 3stockcomment:

i mm u three mediumrare stakes

i wont use gl (= glidtoz)

me = win

hah, talk is cheap. we can play anytime SBR chump

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
hah, talk is cheap. we can play anytime SBR chump
...says the little kid who's so insecure about his skill level whenever someone challenges him about it, that he retorts with, "I'm a great player! You can go ask my bros over on the Pit Forums; they think I'm amazing!"

LOL.

I won't even use bananas.

Jay kay! I would never entertain the thought of possibly wasting my time against you. I have nothing to prove to anybody, nor do I care a lick about what children on an internet forum or anywhere else think of me. What does it matter, anyway? - I'd much rather let my tournament standings do the talking.

But anyway, since I'm stuck with you for the foreseeable future, welcome to the Diddy Forums. I hope you ask less ******** queries in the future.

ADHD

Smash Hero
...says the little kid who's so insecure about his skill level whenever someone challenges him about it, that he retorts with, "I'm a great player! You can go ask my bros over on the Pit Forums; they think I'm amazing!"

LOL.

Jay kay! I would never entertain the thought of possibly wasting my time against you. I have nothing to prove to anybody, nor do I care a lick about what children on an internet forum or anywhere else think of me. What does it matter, anyway? - I'd much rather let my tournament standings do the talking.

But anyway, since I'm stuck with you for the foreseeable future, welcome to the Diddy Forums. I hope you ask less ******** queries in the future.
........ no u

robin89

Smash Rookie

LOL.

Coming From The Fat Guy Who Dropped Outa College You Talk A Big Game. Nothing More Secure Then A 27 Year Old Waiter Who Wins 15 People Tournaments. I heard You Got Second At Your Own Tournment. Good Job. Why Don't You Let Your Real Life "Standings' Do The Talking. Or You Could Belittle Everyone Mr Big Shot Smash Man

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Coming From The Fat Guy Who Dropped Outa College You Talk A Big Game. Nothing More Secure Then A 27 Year Old Waiter Who Wins 15 People Tournaments. I heard You Got Second At Your Own Tournment. Good Job. Why Don't You Let Your Real Life "Standings' Do The Talking. Or You Could Belittle Everyone Mr Big Shot Smash Man
Learn To Not Capitalize Every Word.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman

LOL.

Yea its okay to admit that ur scared of Pit, many people are HAHA ur ignorant once mre because im no child... im not even a teenager and im not insecure about my skill level i challenged you because i think i can beat you. In fact you seem like the insecure one, assuming anyone who doesnt waste time making videos or becoming well known in the smash community couldnt pose a threat to you in game, and belittling said people to boost your already massive ego. I could care less about your reputation it seems like everyone knows you, but u sound even more ignorant with every post and i dont know how you got the respect. Anyway keep it going, great to know we have such judgmental people in the SBR

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Yea its okay to admit that ur scared of Pit, many people are HAHA ur ignorant once mre because im no child... im not even a teenager and im not insecure about my skill level i challenged you because i think i can beat you. In fact you seem like the insecure one, assuming anyone who doesnt waste time making videos or becoming well known in the smash community couldnt pose a threat to you in game, and belittling said people to boost your already massive ego. I could care less about your reputation it seems like everyone knows you, but u sound even more ignorant with every post and i dont know how you got the respect. Anyway keep it going, great to know we have such judgmental people in the SBR
LOL

9 months into the game:

"What is glide-tossing?!"

Skurriously. This is the only information that's necessary to know.

EDIT:

Correction: I got third. And I love harpin' on idiots. There's very little room for tact when you're as amazing as I am.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
LOL

9 months into the game:

"What is glide-tossing?!"

Skurriously. This is the only information that's necessary to know.

EDIT:

Correction: I got third. And I love harpin' on idiots. There's very little room for tact when you're as amazing as I am.
seriously, just drop it, its not that big of a deal. I know what it is now and never even needed it because i dont play with ITEMS. and never used diddy either so i just didnt need to know it until now

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the internet is some serious business

so who here is going to the guaranteed pot cali tourney in january? i want to meet my fellow diddy mains :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom