• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnkey

Smash Cadet
ok i gots problem facing floaty char. (kirby,jigs,etc) and people that jump attack alot (marth) cause they will ethier jump the nana or catch it... can anyone help with this? (solutions or what to do in this situation)

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I think I might be quitting brawl. Guilty Gear Accent Core is such a good and balanced fighting game. Plus BlazBlue is coming out soon...

I'll still post up my tourny matches that I have saved from last weeks tourny I went too though this "might" be a farewell message :(

:monkey:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think I might be quitting brawl. Guilty Gear Accent Core is such a good and balanced fighting game. Plus BlazBlue is coming out soon...

So this "might" be a farewell message.

Not as balanced as u think and blazblue is already out here. U must be saying that because of MK. I hope not Mr. Advent.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Not as balanced as u think and blazblue is already out here. U must be saying that because of MK. I hope not Mr. Advent.
GGAC is very balanced especially in comparison to most other 2D fighters(there is not that big of a gap between Johnny and Testament as there is between MK and C Falc. or even Yun and Sean lolz), and yea it is out for arcade but I meant console :) and I couldn't really care less about MK. Seibrik now mains him so I could get all the MK training that I need. Its just that brawl isn't as fun anymore. I dont know maybe I'm just bored of it now and I'll be back in a couple days but from the looks of things I would much rather play GGAC/BlazBlue. We'll see.

^liar liar pants on fire
*Sighs* The sad part is that I'm serious...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I have no interest in it. But the arcade is very close to me. BTW just remember. The game is only as boring as the ppl u play. No one is ever bored fighting me because i make everything look exciting.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I have no interest in it. But the arcade is very close to me. BTW just remember. The game is only as boring as the ppl u play. No one is ever bored fighting me because i make everything look exciting.
Oh ok, well I play a pretty unique and beastly Diddy Kong, but you could be right about that. There is a tourny tomorrow pretty close to my area. I'll go to that and hopefully have fun but if not then it will probably be my last, at least for now.

That's unfortunate, well the diddy boards will await your (hopefully) inevitable return..

Salutations

EDIT: BlazBlue DOES look pretty sweet though

Thanks man. And yea I cant wait to play that.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dunno, i personally never get bored playing diddy, and me and advent play the same people in tourneys. Hopefully he'll rediscover the fun-roots of the monkey

but while we're on the topic of fighting games, baiken is the best character in GGAC, clearly

and unlike brawl, online soul calibur 4 is SO GOOD. oh my god...i could spend hours playing it and be content. Anyone else play/plan to play competitive SC4?

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Oh ok, well I play a pretty unique and beastly Diddy Kong, but you could be right about that. There is a tourny tomorrow pretty close to my area. I'll go to that and hopefully have fun but if not then it will probably be my last, at least for now.

Thanks man. And yea I cant wait to play that.

n!gga i aint boring lol.

but on a side note........ U CANT STOP MY ORDER SOL!...

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
NinjaLink, your hacked Brawl menu's music (World Page?) plays in my head whenever I play Brawl. >_>

ADHD

Smash Hero
Is that the platform naner lock you were talking about? Alot of people use that already (sorry if im wrong)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yea i guess. Ur avatar scares me T_T
u wish you had this nose, anyway, here's a trick. So suppose that happens, there are two bananas on a platform... You z catch the first one, and throw it and it hits. Then R+A throw the second, what happens is by reaction they generally will roll into the airdodged throw. meh, I got it to work a ton.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
u wish you had this nose, anyway, here's a trick. So suppose that happens, there are two bananas on a platform... You z catch the first one, and throw it and it hits. Then R+A throw the second, what happens is by reaction they generally will roll into the airdodged throw. meh, I got it to work a ton.
I only press Z. I dont press R or L+A. Unless ur talkin about throwing 2 bananas with one Short Hop.

Player-1

Smash Legend
That's actually useful, but i haven't put it into my game yet...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Every time I'm on BF or any other platform stage for that matter, I try to use it, even if it isn't a smart choice to do it at that point, but that's how I learn. I basically spam w/e it is I'm trying to use or learn until I see how my opponents use it against me and or when they do it and then correct that or not use it at that point.

DUB

Smash Lord
So I got 4th at the tourney. Results should be up today. Dealt out 5 3-stocks, but lost to a Wario ( who I had to play twice and he went on to win the tourney ).

TreK

Is "that guy"
gg DUB ^.^
Did you take some vids ?

i'm doing a diddy guide, with a lot of stuff i learned from smashboards, with another diddy (in french, sry guys '^^ ) and i'm on the side B part. I have three things to ask on that move :
-on which characters is the kick-dair-footstool inescapable ? It's written luigi, sheik, falco, marth on the topic's name but are there others cus it doesn't look like a list ?
-Is there somewhere a list of which projectiles the kick passes through ? If there isn't one, i can do it if anybody want to, give me a week :p

I may have some other stuff to ask later, cause i think i'm forgetting something but i somehow don't remember what.

Player-1

Smash Legend
gg DUB ^.^
Did you take some vids ?

i'm doing a diddy guide, with a lot of stuff i learned from smashboards, with another diddy (in french, sry guys '^^ ) and i'm on the side B part. I have three things to ask on that move :
-on which characters is the kick-dair-footstool inescapable ? It's written luigi, sheik, falco, marth on the topic's name but are there others cus it doesn't look like a list ?
-Is there somewhere a list of which projectiles the kick passes through ? If there isn't one, i can do it if anybody want to, give me a week :p

I may have some other stuff to ask later, cause i think i'm forgetting something but i somehow don't remember what.
The kick goes through every projectile except for Samus' Charged shot and explosives, and I'm unsure about Lucas PK fire.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
From what i Remember Pk Fire ***** everything. It beats all of MKs B moves including the drill. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom