• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
That's because Diddy's fun and technical enough for us to stick with regular Brawl ;)

I main Ness in B+ usually, or Mario/CF :D

B- is a failure idea that won't actually have any players. It's pretty much for scrubs who suck at Smash, but like to hack.

DUB

Smash Lord
Brawl - doesn't even sound good......come on.

That's funny Dekar, when I play Brawl+ I use Mario/CF too. Ah...Diddy mains.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does Diddy seem very limited and predictable and the only way of beating someone is that they either don't know the match up or you can play fast enough to catch them off guard with spamming glide tosses?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy probably has the best or one of the better mixups in the game. diddy is unpredictable in capable hands

NNID
Budget_Player
That's because Diddy's fun and technical enough for us to stick with regular Brawl ;)

I main Ness in B+ usually, or Mario/CF :D

B- is a failure idea that won't actually have any players. It's pretty much for scrubs who suck at Smash, but like to hack.
Fun is being able to find people that will actually play something with you, B- is not that something.
Way to go...

I have the feeling what you think Brawl- is and what Brawl- really is is going to be two different things. We are breaking everything, but also aiming for balance and fun gameplay.

That said... Yeah, diddy is pretty ballin'. I'll stop bugging you guys now, but I still need to figure out what to break. >.>

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does Diddy seem very limited and predictable and the only way of beating someone is that they either don't know the match up or you can play fast enough to catch them off guard with spamming glide tosses?
...whaaaaaaa? diddy is like dripping in mix-up since **** near everything strings with everything. Diddy can ****ing invent combo's on the spot in serious matches(I've done it lol). Not to mention he works extremely well while being played either aggressively OR campy,he stops like 85% of all approaches with a freaking banana...d00d diddy is amazing. u must be playing some reeeeaaally bad diddy's or something

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman

Diddy is the only character with true frame trap brick walls.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so yea instant throwing/glidetoss and catching is very beast. cant believe i didnt bother using it before :p now to start placing!

Dekar173

Justice Man
so yea instant throwing/glidetoss and catching is very beast. cant believe i didnt bother using it before :p now to start placing!
You should have been doing both the instant you learned you could

:/

That's the whole point of options, they allow you to do better.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd be willing to put it together but my equipment sucks >.>.

Maybe the beginning of next year would be good time to start a new one.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
we only need eto see one hitbox and thats the banana hitbox, but real talk im interested in seeing ftilt, uptilt, dtilt, and dsmash.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I wanna see his hitbox video buu really pretty much all of diddy's hitboxes are true to his body. if there was some kind of weird disjoint on bananas.....i would be sooo happy

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I wanna see his hitbox video buu really pretty much all of diddy's hitboxes are true to his body. if there was some kind of weird disjoint on bananas.....i would be sooo happy
there is...

an example:

a banana is placed in the middle of a platform with ground beneath it such as battle for example.

metaknight grabs u underneath the banana and performs a dthrow/dgrab w.e, metaknight instantly trips...why??? well gotta find the hitboxes cuz when meta does fthrow under a banana nothin happens besides the normal fthrow :\

Dekar173

Justice Man
MK trips because his hurtbox moves, not because the naner is fat or anything ;P

Anyway, hitbox video is a must. I'd like to see if the naners after being plucked have a larger hitbox than normal, since a lot of the time people think that they're invincible because they're so difficult to catch o.O

ADHD

Smash Hero
There is some weird hitbox (tripbox?) on grounded bananas, but the bubble will never show it. It's a very weird shaped hitbox that slips under shields occasionally and we really need to know more about it. I would say it would just be a normal bubble, but they do things on their own sometimes and that's what puzzles me. It can't be just for me, lol.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
not really. almost everything can just be shield grabbed.
Then you know very little about your character. Peanut gun, nana in hand, nana about where the peanuts are landing is the best brick wall in the game. He even has frame traps in the air.

TreK

Is "that guy"

nubs, bananas are light, and tasty. <3

I now have 7 banana stickers on my controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom