• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Now the thing is, your opponent still has options depending on the spacing, they can instant throw the naner back at you, but you can then just catch it with an aerial (which WILL hit them, if spaced properly) and you win in that situation despite them being pretty bad ***.

Because Diddy isn't the only one that can actually use naners ;P

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
or you can just give them the naner volunterily then punish since most people that aren't diddy users don't know how to use em--effectively. :I

DFEAR

Smash Hero
double nanner lock is a autopilot thing for every diddy bro its k o.o

AND CAPE CORAL MAN...i seriously drove 8hrs just for it.

im practicing this single nanner thing down tho lol...why hasnt anyone bothered using it. its soooo safe *sarcasm

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
Ight well i been maining diddy since like October of last year. but im still kinda of a stand still i quitted brawl for 5 months. and i just came back a month, and I see alot of diddy has change? Like instant throw and i see we're implanting z-throwing more.

Is there anywhere i Can So i can get updated and which is more important to master.or should I just be watching adhd and try figure what hes doing.
thanks in advance.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Ight well i been maining diddy since like October of last year. but im still kinda of a stand still i quitted brawl for 5 months. and i just came back a month, and I see alot of diddy has change? Like instant throw and i see we're implanting z-throwing more.

Is there anywhere i Can So i can get updated and which is more important to master.or should I just be watching adhd and try figure what hes doing.
thanks in advance.
Watch recent tourney videos that are up by Diddy players, and read the stickied threads.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
We haven't really done much with SNL ever since it came out. I'm not too sure it will even be used.
It's just that it doesn't enter our minds to use it yet. We always see Dash Attack - UTilt/USmash/Aerial or Grab as a better and more common combo. Combined with SNL's difficulty, and setup abilities, it's quite situational, like grabbing Sonic off of his spring.The wall infinite is still a VERY viable choice though. I highly doubt we won't use SNL for infiniting at least. It removes the DI from the technique. All you need is X/Y and CStick timing.

On another note, SNL can be started OoS, so if someone approaches your shield, you can shield the dash attack/jump over the whiffed grab, or any other situation that you can punish. If you could start SNL out of shielding a nanner, that would be sexy. :S

Turazrok

Smash Master
Something really weird just happened. I was screwing around with Diddy on BF against a CPU Wolf. I was above the platform started to use Up B and he hit me with blaster. I started going upwards while charging? I'll try and get a video up later.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Something really weird just happened. I was screwing around with Diddy on BF against a CPU Wolf. I was above the platform started to use Up B and he hit me with blaster. I started going upwards while charging? I'll try and get a video up later.
He hit you first, then you dj-ed and rbb at the same time.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
Older than my grandmother.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
diddy kong sucks so bad,
why doesnt he have shuttle loop for up b,

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so yea what are some useful ways to punish a marth doing sh fair>fair besides predicting the jump beforehand and alternatives to blocking all of his side b

Dekar173

Justice Man
so yea what are some useful ways to punish a marth doing sh fair>fair besides predicting the jump beforehand and alternatives to blocking all of his side b
Depends, is he crossing up? OoS usmash

Do you have a naner in hand? OoS naner

As for sideB, just keep blocking all of it, and if you DO get caught, DI away from Marth and you'll be setup to follow up against his dancing blade :D

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol theres no such things as cross ups in brawl o.o or is there!? i usually upsmash after powershielding the 2nd fair, and hmm will the 2nd option (out of shield naner) put him in the position to trip him or give him a combo start such as naner>fair etc etc and will there be a risk of him instant catching it such as him pressing A or Z?

and **** dancing blade...its so lol

ty tho this info shall be used to beat chaz >_<

Dekar173

Justice Man
BUT you're able to airdodge 12 frames before you're able to aerial.

So basically, airdodge counts as a 27 frame aerial, for doing anything for momentum canceling (like DJ).

TreK

Is "that guy"
O, RLY ?!
is that true ? I still survive longer with bair and dair, there's something obscure with this stuff lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Apparently you dont know what a cross up is ^
T.T in a NORMAL 2d fighting game a cross up is where the opponent is forced to change position of blocking to the opposite side because the opponent forces him to. brawl does not do that lol. u have a shield that covers ur whole body plus the game doesnt force u to look at ur opponent constantly

tl:dr version...meh?

btw airdodge...wtf

Dekar173

Justice Man
T.T in a NORMAL 2d fighting game a cross up is where the opponent is forced to change position of blocking to the opposite side because the opponent forces him to. brawl does not do that lol. u have a shield that covers ur whole body plus the game doesnt force u to look at ur opponent constantly

tl:dr version...meh?

btw airdodge...wtf
If someone crosses up you have to buffer the turn around in order to grab, that's the whole point of cross-ups in brawl :D

Like, if someone just lands in front of me, I shieldgrab and have my way with them.

If someone lands behind me though, I am forced to either oos usmash or oos throw naner, depending on the situation.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What P1 said: I'm remembering the whole D-Air momentum canceling idea too. There was a post awhile back showing how you could survive horizontal knockback longer with D-Air rather than B-Air, even though it is slower. With that knowledge out there, even though it is even considerably slower than AD, could D-Air still be a better option?

&& Why does it momentum cancel at all in the first place?

EDIT: Wut we have mods now

**** that means far fewer peanuts being shot

Dekar173

Justice Man
I just spent about 30 minutes testing everything, and it would appear that-

Airdodge > doublejump > smash forward B

is the best way to momentum cancel if you're dying horizontally.

Vertically, it's still just bair or dair, as you're able to fastfall while performing your aerial.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I just spent about 30 minutes testing everything, and it would appear that-

Airdodge > doublejump > smash forward B

is the best way to momentum cancel if you're dying horizontally.

Vertically, it's still just bair or dair, as you're able to fastfall while performing your aerial.
Yeah that makes sense, but you should usually DI to the top corners of the blastzone, because it's the most far away point from your position... and in this case it's best to bair & fastfall & DJ (& sideB).

I don't get how dair would be better than bair+fastfall, because from my testing it isn't. It doesn't have any special properties, it just fastfalls automatically and the people that found out it "momentum cancels better" probably just never fastfalled the other aerials or something... <_<

But I noticed something... if you get hit into a top corner and bair +fastfall then double jump I died immediately after using the DJ, but when I waited a little bit before using the DJ I survived (without the double jump and only a dair or bair+fastfall I died). I also survived using fair(&fastfall) and then DJ, you just have a wait a little bit before double jumping... the thing with dair is, it has so much ending lag that if you DJ after it immediately you'll survive.
And you only die from bair+DJ, because you DJ too early.
I could also survive with airdodge+fastfall and dj, but I also had to wait a little bit before DJing or else I died. (this testing was done at 160 % (middle of FD, MK did dsmash on Diddy (training mode)); I ALWAYS held up on the controlstick while getting hit)

At a bit later % (165)... you can't survive with airdodge then fastfall and DJ. No matter what I did I always died.

I could survive with dair+dj and bair+fastfall+wait a bit + dj and with bair+fastfall+sideB.

At 170 % I couldn't survive with dair because it has too much ending lag. But I could survive with bair+fastfall+waitjustalittlebit+sideB (DJ KOd me). It was also possible to survive with fair+fastfall+DJ+sideB...

172 % I could also survive with bair+fastfall+waitjustalittlebit+sideB, fair had too much ending lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom