• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wouldnt dtilt be better for that situation as it also has less recovery lag?dtilt can setup for quite a few things such as grab or fair
no not all the time because dtilt is still punishable out of spotdodge. I've been spotdodge first dtilt>powershield 2nd dtilt>smashed most of the time, but there are other things.

+ it's faster because jab 1 comes out on frame 3 i think which combos into the multi hit faster ex: jab > spotdodge 2nd jab to >3rd jab.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
no not all the time because dtilt is still punishable out of spotdodge. I've been spotdodge first dtilt>powershield 2nd dtilt>smashed most of the time, but there are other things.

+ it's faster because jab 1 comes out on frame 3 i think which combos into the multi hit faster ex: jab > spotdodge 2nd jab to >3rd jab.
i see. thanks. so dtilt would be better used as a footsie aka spacing tool?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I was practicing today and I shot off peanut and somehow managed to catch it. Anyone heard of anything like this? It didn't hit an opponent or anything. I believe it was just an uncharged peanut that I caught by doing a dash attack. I'm trying to reproduce this, but I'm having no luck.

Count

Smash Champion
I was practicing today and I shot off peanut and somehow managed to catch it. Anyone heard of anything like this? It didn't hit an opponent or anything. I believe it was just an uncharged peanut that I caught by doing a dash attack. I'm trying to reproduce this, but I'm having no luck.
This can be done. Because of the time and space needed to do it, and the general ineffectiveness of thrown peanuts, it is seemingly useless in competitive play.

But its fun to do to mess around and impress your friends!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
Vyse didnt win his own competition! *sigh*
a dam n marth player did =(

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
is it hard to smash DI out of diddys Fsmash like has anyone u have played SDI out of Fsmash a good majority of the time they are hit by it ?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what do u mean is it hard to smash di out of diddys fsmash? with a bit of practice its quite easy...

and wat do u mean by they sdi out of fsmash so many times they get hit by it lol wuuuuut?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh goose u silly xD

and vyse know any good online pokemon card engines one such as yvd (yugioh virtual duel) for example?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
You are going to want to Glide Toss more. And admit it, you just wanted to show that picture without being off-topic.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
oh goose u silly xD

and vyse know any good online pokemon card engines one such as yvd (yugioh virtual duel) for example?
I like using Redshark. But there's no matchmaking or anything like that. You need to know your opponent's IP address. So sometimes it's better to use Hamachi as well if you're playing with peeps you don't know.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I prefer the Glide Toss to the Jump Cancel. Like goose said it does flow alot more naturally...like I'm trying to train myself to jump cancel more...but its like you have to make yourself jump cancel rather than Gt. Is jump cancelling really better? can you dribble with a Jc aswell? Ive heard rumor of being able to JC>barrel spike? anyone know anything about that?....random diddy questions...

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I prefer the Glide Toss to the Jump Cancel. Like goose said it does flow alot more naturally...like I'm trying to train myself to jump cancel more...but its like you have to make yourself jump cancel rather than Gt. Is jump cancelling really better? can you dribble with a Jc aswell? Ive heard rumor of being able to JC>barrel spike? anyone know anything about that?....random diddy questions...
there is probably more that you can do with a GT but a we don't really use JC a lot so there is probably at lot more that we don't know yet.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I was just going through the Kongpendium and just noticed that instant throwing uses air dodge. I had been under the impression that it was a z-catch -> throw, mostly because when ever I try to use air dodge I get the full air dodge animation before i can do anything. I assume it is just cancelling the air dodge with a throw, so am I just not doing it fast enough? Thanks for the help guys.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I was just going through the Kongpendium and just noticed that instant throwing uses air dodge. I had been under the impression that it was a z-catch -> throw, mostly because when ever I try to use air dodge I get the full air dodge animation before i can do anything. I assume it is just cancelling the air dodge with a throw, so am I just not doing it fast enough? Thanks for the help guys.
yes, you are not doing it fast enough. It's almost a simultaneous input.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Anyone agree with me that doing a Diddy Flipkick is a bad idea?
It's slow, isn't safe on block, doesn't exactly do a lot of damage. I can see maybe using it very occaisonally to mix up approaches a bit but I don't see it actually achieving much.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u have to input the kick once u input the initial command so u can cancel most lag u may have with an airattack such as fair or u can simply midair jump away lol. also flipkicks is great to punish spotdodges and can also confirm hit against a far thrown banana that a dash attack wont reach because of flipattacks disjointed hitbox.

tibs7

Smash Champion
@vyse: i have a pokemanz deck lets battle!!!!

and to the other diddy's, do we have the adv. against snake on YI and SV? and why/why not.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I think it's pretty 50:50 but the Snakes love to think that they have advantages on every stage with platforms so IDK for sure.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I think Snakes have the advantage too.. also i was playing smash with a buddy of mine the other night who doesn't play competitively, i was diddy, he was MK on BF.. he had around 100% damage.. long story short i think he DI'd my f-smash down and teched it almost instantly.. he has no idea what he did and neither do i.. anyone have any input?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
So you know those little cylindrical things that Diddy drops when he uses his final smash? The ones that you can eat for health like food? I never knew what they were, but I'm starting to think that they're banana slices... Anyways, one just appeared on the stage when I was playing a no-items game against a CPU diddy.

Any explanations?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So you know those little cylindrical things that Diddy drops when he uses his final smash? The ones that you can eat for health like food? I never knew what they were, but I'm starting to think that they're banana slices... Anyways, one just appeared on the stage when I was playing a no-items game against a CPU diddy.

Any explanations?
Peanuts?

Check your Items setting. You shouldn't be able to pick them up if you have both frequency at zero and all items off (Which I'm guessing frequency isn't at zero).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom