• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm sure this has been discussed at one point, but I can't find it's location. It's known that you can DI different ways from Diddy hump release, right? Also, because of this, the diddy hump release on MK is not a guaranteed footstool (atleast the way I tested it). Theoretically, if you guess properly the way he DI's, you can still get the footstool, but it's ridiculously difficult.

EDIT: I found the DHGR in the guide. However, I question whether it is guaranteed on MK (the only char I've tested it with).

Gnes

Smash Master
I agree...when i did it to Lee at Last it felt like i had to DI with him to get the footstool...idk...more testing is needed

*stop making me post relavant info billy!!!*

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm sure this has been discussed at one point, but I can't find it's location. It's known that you can DI different ways from Diddy hump release, right? Also, because of this, the diddy hump release on MK is not a guaranteed footstool (atleast the way I tested it). Theoretically, if you guess properly the way he DI's, you can still get the footstool, but it's ridiculously difficult.

EDIT: I found the DHGR in the guide. However, I question whether it is guaranteed on MK (the only char I've tested it with).
In the original thread, ADHD said that you have to follow the DI of certain characters out of a DHGR to get the footstool, but as long as you can do that, it's guaranteed.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218521

The link to the thread is in the Kongpendium.

Bwett

Smash Ace
The problem with saying its "guaranteed" is assuming that you correctly guess which way they DI. The window for you to footstool doesn't really allow you to "follow" them, as it is for you to guess which way. Furthermore, because of the pretty large variation of how MK can DI, it makes it near impossible with a smart MK who knows. Sethlon and I sat down for 20 min and I couldn't successfully footstool when he started mixing it up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you even bother trying to side b grab mk you're recovering the wrong way. The grab will never connect unless it's a scrub mk, in that case spam side b at him offstage!

Anyway Bwett:

If they DI, don't move directions, just buffer a jump with Y or X and they will always be right under you no matter what way they DI. If they don't DI, always hold the direction you originally side b'd in. I know about it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you even bother trying to side b grab mk you're recovering the wrong way. The grab will never connect unless it's a scrub mk, in that case spam side b at him offstage!
THANK YOU.

Their fair/bair/dair/nair outprioritize sideB.

Then again, it's always nice to know just in case, I suppose.

It's not guaranteed, but is DI dependent. Done!

Look at his controller :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Look at his controller :)
pro comment.

-_- so can they mixup with no di?
if so then, **** i have to watch for my midair jump cuz if i waste it and they mixup their di then im forced to recover with upb and lol against an mk more than likely he will reach the edge before i do :\

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
pro comment.

-_- so can they mixup with no di?
if so then, **** i have to watch for my midair jump cuz if i waste it and they mixup their di then im forced to recover with upb and lol against an mk more than likely he will reach the edge before i do :\
play on the bridge of eldin,
no edge johns

Player-1

Smash Legend
you can be hinted on which way they DI when they're DIing with you when you hump them, of course it's just a hint and they can mindgame you or something...

or you can just do what ADHD said

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ground: peanut gun canceled with grab
air: [reversed] peanut gun canceled with z drop

good peanut cancel mixup? i just found out about this o.o

sai_:)

Smash Ace
An mk that gets caught in the side-b hump release doesnt have to be noobish. using it at that angle Isnt the safest thing ever but if i think i can pull it off i often times go for it. and it works pretty well for me. like i play with Overswarm and Kel alot and they both get killed by it fairly often. im not saying its the greatest most safe thing out there but if u feel confident that u can get it then i say go for it. and of course try to be sure to read the DI.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
ground: peanut gun canceled with grab
air: [reversed] peanut gun canceled with z drop

good peanut cancel mixup? i just found out about this o.o
a good mix up is run past them, b-reverse peanut gun, z grab, its cool lol

instead of peanut gun charge to instant throw in the air, you can just hit a direction and z to throw, i noticed dekar talking about it

sai_:)

Smash Ace
lol good point. im just saying i friggin love pullin off the DH>release>.

@Dfear respect for obsessively playing Blazblue. (taokaka is the greatest thing ever)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like my arakune 9000 dmg combos...yay 6cloops...only lost to v-13's...that *****

and dood KaptainK thats exactly what i was experimenting lol

and what do u mean hold a direction?

like jump> peanut gun> hold right> z in that order?
or like jump> peanut gun> hold right and z same time?

liljp112

Smash Cadet
anyone have tips for playing against game and watch i seem to have trouble when my friend attacks from the air and i can't think of a way to close in
thanks in advance

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This weekend is the weekend of my National tournament SQUAT in Queensland.
Myself, S.D and tibs all at one tournament, the best Diddy from each eastern state.
It's going to be Diddy craziness.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i like my arakune 9000 dmg combos...yay 6cloops...only lost to v-13's...that *****

and dood KaptainK thats exactly what i was experimenting lol

and what do u mean hold a direction?

like jump> peanut gun> hold right> z in that order?
or like jump> peanut gun> hold right and z same time?
well for a smash throw its right and z at the same time, but for a regular throw its hold right > z.

also, good luck Vyse, sounds awesome

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
This weekend is the weekend of my National tournament SQUAT in Queensland.
Myself, S.D and tibs all at one tournament, the best Diddy from each eastern state.
It's going to be Diddy craziness.
Good luck to all three of you =D

DFEAR

Smash Hero
vyse will win.

also against gnw. just create an air wall with bananas and peanuts, literally dont give him the chance to jump OR the chance to even get near you.

ah thanks again kaptaink :p now to represent floridaaaaaa

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
How easy is it to DI out of the combo of banana sliding forward throwing downward towards opponent so they trip in front of you to jab jab DSmash?

Edit: Usually works on bigger or heavier characters: (R.O.B., Bowser, Samus, etc.)

DUB

Smash Lord
But don't immediately throw it out. If if you pull it off every once in a while it adds a small amount of percent but also can help to unstale the smash you are about to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom