• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Did u seriously put up the match of a sandbagging bum lol

55-45 diddy imo. Cables probably just alot smarter than the average Dk. Is he better than will?
can u link me a recent vid where he doesnt airdodge immediately after being attacked o.o

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
A diddy playing his cards right can make it ridiculously awkward for a DK to approach.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's not even in the least.

Diddy can make it nearly impossible for DK to hit him, unless if the DK is actually instant throwing naners back at Diddy, even then Diddy has a ridiculous amount of openings created from how long it takes DK's throw animation and how big he is.

tibs7

Smash Champion
so apparently in the BBR they say diddy is the 2nd best character in game and only loses to marth, peach, luigi and mk.
ally also thinks that snake has a disadv. against diddy wtf is up with that. m2k thinks its even.
discuss this shizzz

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
so apparently in the BBR they say diddy is the 2nd best character in game and only loses to marth, peach, luigi and mk.
ally also thinks that snake has a disadv. against diddy wtf is up with that. m2k thinks its even.
discuss this shizzz
Well... my opinion on those match ups (without getting really into them):

Marth - Close to even. A little in Marth's advantage.
Peach - No clue, never played one.
Luigi - We lose, but not terribly. It's winnable, but definitely in Luigi's advantage.
MK - I guess I'm bad at the match up, because I feel like it's worse than most people. 40:60 MK at the very best. Probably worse.
Snake - I think it's even. Yup.

I think Diddy is at best third. I feel like Diddy should be fourth, but then I don't know who's third, haha. So with that in mind, I put Diddy third.

But I also feel that in the future, Diddy could easily drop. There are so many people who don't know how to handle bananas, it's ridiculous. The different between playing an MK who can instant-throw reliably and an MK who can't is huge (as it is with almost any character).

TreK

Is "that guy"
No way diddy's second : he's first of course è_é

Pride away, we have several bad stages and bad matchups, which isn't MK's or Snake's case, and it seems it's not specific to France, most people have no clue about how to play with nanas yet...

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure we all know it should be
mk
snake
diddy

Not that diddy doesnt have potential to get higher than the 3rd its just that through the matchup and stage issues we have its a considerable amount harder. I cant see diddy as second best until some more time passes but right now the snakes have it...so much easier.

DUB

Smash Lord
Your future tier list:
MK
Snake
Falco
Diddy
IC

And I really can't see Diddy having the edge over Snake. He's too heavy and racks up damage way too quick. IMO, 55:45 Snake, if not more.

Luigi player

Smash Master
discuss this shizzz
Where do you have this info from? And what do they mean with "loses to"? I guess 45:55 is still losing.

I don't get why people think Peach beats Diddy...

sai_:)

Smash Ace
hey i cant see the peach matchup being in diddy's favor at all. its not some impossible matchup or anything but we usually have to change our playstyle a decent amount while the peach barely has to adapt at all. if the peach is dumb enough to be on the ground for us to do stuff, then that persons just playing the matchup wrong. as long as the peach is even a little bit smart and is careful where they are auto floating, its obviously a matchup in their favor.

Luckily for us Peach has a worse time killing then we Diddy's do.

Also after about 50-60ish percent theyre usually done "comboing" and they struggle to do that much else. which is sort of the same for Diddy but we have bananas to rack up more damage later. its just not as effective against peach.

Point is its a matchup thats definetly easier for peach than diddy. aaand this has been known for quite some time lol.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
powershield sometimes does the trick :> or hardcore smash di otherwise.. :\ yeaaa

TreK

Is "that guy"
As long as you're not DIing up the jab, Diddy can powershield the upB.
DI it away+down, or jut don't be within jab range anyway because you're supposed to camp luigi.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I wouldn't aim timing out a Luigi, because anyone can lose a lead in a couple seconds against him :V

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey guys, there's a little argument between me and a friend. If you doubled the animation speed of diddy's glidetoss, would he be able to naner lock infinite? I just don't believe you could get to the other side of the opponent fast enough, even with double the animation speed. I mean, it's a pretty small animation.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Hey guys, there's a little argument between me and a friend. If you doubled the animation speed of diddy's glidetoss, would he be able to naner lock infinite? I just don't believe you could get to the other side of the opponent fast enough, even with double the animation speed. I mean, it's a pretty small animation.
who cares.

NNID
Budget_Player
Balancing purposes.

We're trying to figure out what to do with Diddy Kong in Brawl-. With Diddy, we're running into the same problem we had with Marth. The character, when placed in a sitch with faster physics and more histstun, is pretty much perfect. But we can't just slap the usual damage/knockback upgrades on it and say "done"; that's just... wrong. So I dunno. (For marth, we just said "**** it" and replaced him with roy) (or rather, we're voting on that measure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom