• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
would green greens be ok to cp against a mk?
chances for nana locks and quick kills with nana -> smash attack.

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know exactly how long the bananas stay out before they disappear ?? and also wht moves r good to clank with mks glide attack and wht move to punish them with after the clank?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Bananas last around 9-9 1/2 seconds on the ground.

You're better off just spacing away and punishing him with a naner and resetting the situation, clanking the glide attack is risky.

DUB

Smash Lord
does anyone know exactly how long the bananas stay out before they disappear ?? and also wht moves r good to clank with mks glide attack and wht move to punish them with after the clank?
If you can't hit him with an aerial first, Shield the GT and freely punish.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Careful for lucas' usmash due to the membranes
Luckily the shape of the terrain doesn't allow for dair > dtilt > fsmash, cause you can DI away and escape it on the slopes

Same with Marth's usmash, and with his tippered fsmash, spotdodge gets punished by it when it's near membranes :X

with MK, don't let him shark you. If he's doing it at higher percents, try to get an oos barrel spike.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Glide attack outranges all of our aerials. Do what Dekar says and just wait to punish.
You can't 100%, unless you have like a frame to punish it. Alot of times they can dsmash before they trip. Also they can land in weird directions depending on where they hit your shield at.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
oh does anyone know wht to do about snake grabing your thrown bannanas with mortor slide with snake
You can shieldgrab, OoS Bair, OoS hyphen Usmash, chase with an OoS grab, or OoS da. Best idea would be to grab, or if you have a naner then that would work if you throw it OoS or just after snake picks up the other naner.

That's def part of it.

I just can't seem to remember how I got in on him in the past. It's like everything i try get's shut down completely
How is/are the Oli(s) playing? Aggro, campy, spaces?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Nobody discussed what to do when they have a banana in their hand and spam pikmin. They're stupid as hell so just flat out run up to them and shieldgrab.

Esca

Smash Champion
ADHD, are you stupid? I don't even have to be a Diddy main to say that was one ******** ****ing statement.

"They're stupid as hell"

Wtf? Olimar's are stupid as hell? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

For being such a good player, you're pretty dumb.

Conti

Smash Ace
ADHD, are you stupid? I don't even have to be a Diddy main to say that was one ******** ****ing statement.

"They're stupid as hell"

Wtf? Olimar's are stupid as hell? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

For being such a good player, you're pretty dumb.
Lol he's just being sarcastic chilll :p

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Yes, more Oli attention.

I get killed when the Oli starts shieldgrabbing like a *****. I'm not skilled enough to do really technical stuff to approach consistently, so when I see a mistake by them, I make DANG SURE they pay for it, and don't get back to camping. Grab?

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm sarcastic too lol. Dekar and Gnes know this.

Mostly Gnes.

Dekar, I'm glad we had that little talk. I have a new found respect for this guy.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol, olimar with banana in hand is just hilarious, and especially once we all master smashing while holding that banana, then it will be the most aggravating matchup in existence, AKA, no running up to stupid olimars and just grab

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
whats faster dash attack or normal running pick to pick up a banana during a dash

DFEAR

Smash Hero
whats faster dash attack or normal running pick to pick up a banana during a dash
matters on the situation man regardless of speed. dash attack can be punish differently then the normal running pick up. gotta mix up man! dont auto pilot

question:

sh>reverse b popgun cancel> fair or bair or upair = useful mixup?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Hi there Diddy boards.
I found out that Diddy could get a significant vertical boost while charging his up B.
It happens when you jump + up B after being hit by your opponent.

Is it already known ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom