• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
"Diddy Hump Grab Release"

You do this by NOT doing anything until they grab release, and then you footstool them (jump off of their head) afterward. It can usually reward you by taking a stock off of your opponent :D

Boofy!

Smash Champion
would anyone care if I uploaded "The Simian Oath" to YT? (looking at you Vyse) It was really well made and I feel like alot of people missed out on an amazing video due to everyone being to lazy to download it.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Id like it on YT. the video was awesome...i cant believe there are diddy mains that havent downloaded it by now

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Actually, I have it edited into two parts and ready to upload to Youtube.
Just needing a good opportunity to do it. (Uni is sodomising me even as I type this).

Might do it at work in a couple of days.

I have been meaning to upload it, but I've gotten lazy. lol. Actually, I was meant to give it to NinjaLink to put on his channel since he's got so many subscribers, though it doesn't actually matter that much to me.

I'll upload it to my account in the next few days. Thanks for reminding me though.

I want all of you to heckle me til I do it though.

DUB

Smash Lord
He mad..

Since it was pretty much the greatest compilation video their ever was until SO2 :), it should definitely be on YT.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
He mad..

Since it was pretty much the greatest compilation video their ever was until SO2 :), it should definitely be on YT.
I was gonna ask what SO2 was, LOL.

disregard :(

and yes, NL's channel would be ideal. I'm a subscriber myself, and his videos already have hundreds of views by the time I even see them.. and I check YT everrrydayyy

tekkie

Smash Master
how does diddy ideally handle the ******* platforms on battlefield/sort of smashville/other platformy stages? they seem to attract bananas like magnets and i personally dont like my bananas getting on top of platforms.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I z-catch or instant throw bananas off the platforms, or I'll catch them with an air dodge if there's a chance of getting hit.

That's pretty much all there is to it...

S.D

Smash Master
Ok guys, went to a tournament yesterday and placed 7th, not great but not bad.

Matches I lost were vs Snake, couldn't kill that stupid mofo despite getting him to 250% every stock *sigh*

ANYWAYS - My question is this and I'm sure you guys can help.

My biggest problem was hitting shields with nanas then dashing in to try and get the grab while they're still shielding, sadly Snake (and other chars its just more brutal with snake) were just ftilting me OOS. What is the best thing to do after hitting a shiled with a nana - should I jump up and catch/instathrow it again? run up to powershield? roll behind? Camp? Shoot gun?

Just want some general tips for this situation.

Thanks guys.

tekkie

Smash Master
I z-catch or instant throw bananas off the platforms, or I'll catch them with an air dodge if there's a chance of getting hit.

That's pretty much all there is to it...
see i was thinking about that because you can easily instant throw the bananas at the ground under the platform without landing on the platform but it doesnt feel safe because if your opponent chases you down you're in a weirdass position

...and that's... no goood!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
z-catching it after it bounces off the shield aka "shield bouncing" is good, but being unpredictable is better. If you're always running in for the grab then you're just gonna keep eating f-tilts, Just keep mixing it up. I feel like going aggro is the best way to handle Snake.. since he can outcamp us easily and can kill at half the % that we could. Also don't dash attack his shield trying to pick up the nana you just threw cause if he shield drops his nade it's gonna **** you.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off, keep in mind that they can jump OoS and instant throw the nana back at you, so watch for that. Instant throw their instant throw back at them again.

Just mix things up. I've noticed running up and shielding is usually a free shield grab since people will almost always try to hit you. Just don't do the same thing every time. Roll behind them, shield, throw another nana, or just don't do anything.

If you're repetitive in how you go about it, your opponent might notice and punish you for it, which is probably what was happening to you. They knew you were going to try and grab them immediately after you threw a banana at them, so they saw it coming.

@tekkie
If you're going to instant throw them, make sure you're in a position where it will hit your opponent, or else yes, you will be in an awkward position.

If they're not gonna get hit with hit, just z-catch it and land back on the ground. If they're right next to you, try to air dodge to get it if you need to. Just remember you don't NEED the banana and dealing with your opponent first if they're nearby might be a better option.

tekkie

Smash Master
@tekkie
If you're going to instant throw them, make sure you're in a position where it will hit your opponent, or else yes, you will be in an awkward position.

If they're not gonna get hit with hit, just z-catch it and land back on the ground. If they're right next to you, try to air dodge to get it if you need to. Just remember you don't NEED the banana and dealing with your opponent first if they're nearby might be a better option.
see i'm starting think playing against aggressive people who chase you around like an old lady with a broom the platforms get kind of annoying but that might just be because im not setting up good instant throw trajectories

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about a combo that I've been messing with and whether or not it's a legit combo/setup/whatever.

What I do when the opponent is at low percents is somehow hit them with a cartwheel (whether it be by nana slip or whatever) and instead of doing fair I basically do a RAR out of the cartwheel into a short hop bair (the RAR happens so fast that it's basically the same as jumping out of the cartwheel). From there I either nair because that combos from bair and then follow up with whatever when they're falling to the ground, bair a second time and then ftilt or do a stutter stepped fsmash when I hit the ground, or if the combo carries them off stage I like to dair for a spike after the first bair. I realize the ftilt and fsmash in the second option can be dodged so that's not a legit combo but it's still sweet when you land it and works surprisingly well if the opponent isn't expecting it. Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry if this combo or something similar was already posted somewhere. I don't recall it being anywhere and I came up with it on my own so I was wondering what everyone thinks.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to instant throw your nanners down off a platform and its not going to hit your opponent, just airdodge and you'll catch it as you hit the ground.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you're going to instant throw your nanners down off a platform and its not going to hit your opponent, just airdodge and you'll catch it as you hit the ground.
You can actually throw it down then instant throw it again as you hit the ground, upwards, forward, w.e for some extra pressure and so you're safer on landing :)

Sup Zaj :D So I hear you've been tearing CO a new one? Good to hear! :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Remember when you played my snake with your diddy? :p

Edit: while I'm here, I might as well ask... Vyse, remember me? We played like five or six friendlies at Genesis :)
I do indeed. Fun times.
Your Snake is tops :)

Guys, I need another couple of days to myself. Last uni exam for the year this thursday (Wednesday for you guys). I'll be completely done by then.

smasher01

Smash Ace
Ok guys, went to a tournament yesterday and placed 7th, not great but not bad.

Matches I lost were vs Snake, couldn't kill that stupid mofo despite getting him to 250% every stock *sigh*

ANYWAYS - My question is this and I'm sure you guys can help.

My biggest problem was hitting shields with nanas then dashing in to try and get the grab while they're still shielding, sadly Snake (and other chars its just more brutal with snake) were just ftilting me OOS. What is the best thing to do after hitting a shiled with a nana - should I jump up and catch/instathrow it again? run up to powershield? roll behind? Camp? Shoot gun?

Just want some general tips for this situation.

Thanks guys.
u shouldnt glide toss bananas in his face cuzz snake can power shield fTilt OOS so i space up glide tosses so im not on his face when i do then if snake is shielding just us diddy hump cuzz they usaually dont expect it. btw once u start combo'ing snake Dont Stop keep the momentum. and get him off stage and spike him its really gay for snake off stage when your playing diddy.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I actually really like Halberd for Diddy, it's prolly my favorite stage to play on regardless of character. It's similar to Delphino in the way that if someone tries to shark you, they could end up eating a barrel spike. It's also fairly banana friendly.

On the downside it has a low ceiling IIRC, so characters that can kill off the top (snake) can **** his little ***.. not 100% on that though.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I don't really like Halberd for Diddy since he has a hard time killing vertically. I hate when Luigi's bring me there but I somehow end up winning lol. I don't know much more about it since I don't care for it though.

DUB

Smash Lord
I auto-ban Halberd against some of the cast. Stage is just to cramped for me. As long as it's not against Snake or Fox.

tekkie

Smash Master
so can diddy grab a banana when he initiates a monkey flip or is there some weird trick i'm not aware of to grab a banana during sideB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom