• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
quick question....does anyone here use the rocket glitch thingy? I'm fully aware that it exist and how to perform it but i never really have the right moment for it...i used to use it to mess with falco's after they cg>spike me or whatever little funny moments. but does anyone ever use it in like pools or bracket or mm's?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
lol c'mon guys you're better than that, yea that up-b glitch has BEEN known, since like.. before the US release. Like someone already said, it's hardly useful.

P.S I'm gonna prank the next person who posts

TreK

Is "that guy"
OMG DO NOT PRANK ME

duh, I got like 30th out of 128 on sunday. I knew I sucked, but holy banana not as much ._.

TreK

Is "that guy"
That's a hard question lol
From what I can see, what's different between our scenes are :
-the activeness -> we speak different languages in each state so there's like 2 foreigners per tourney... And of course, less tourneys because of it.
-The gayness -> 90% of us refuse to plank, infinite or play MK/Snake even if it's allowed (our top player is a MK, but he already won tourneys with GaW so we don't care)
-The level ; we have had the game for 6 less months, and the non-activeness doesn't help. That's why SWF is important to me, you guys are more experienced than I could be even if I geeked on brawl for 1 month non-stop. That'd be fun to do a Europe vs North America crew battle though, just to see how deep or small the gap is =O
-The jokes, of course =O

Edit : yeah, BI's ruleset sucks, but there's no other way yet =/

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lol, Europe sucks. Really. We are just starting to coming close to America. Still somehow I hop over to see some PR and I'm surprised to see some people on PR (won't call names) so America must step it up too :laugh: So many people play A>B>C mode instead of A and then observe, if you get what I'm saying.

TBH, I'm gay as spring break, I'm sure more Europeans are.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
My crew's second combo video trailer. 8D

Tell me what parts are the best/worst, or just comment. ...Or just watch. ...Or not. Your choice.
I liked your combo, the Ganon -> Offstage Suicide combo, and the rest were meh. There were one or two others that I like, but most were either too slow or simply unimpressive (usually because they ended up killing themselves and it wasn't epic enough to warrant it).

The editing was overdone, too. I'm not a fan of the zoom-in-and-twist-the-camera idea.

EDIT: Gah this was my 500th I wasted it

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Lol, Europe sucks. Really. We are just starting to coming close to America. Still somehow I hop over to see some PR and I'm surprised to see some people on PR (won't call names) so America must step it up too :laugh: So many people play A>B>C mode instead of A and then observe, if you get what I'm saying.

TBH, I'm gay as spring break, I'm sure more Europeans are.
like who?

I wanna see you name names

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
I am somewat new to diddy kong. One of the things i find hard about him is fighting very spammy opponents. how do diddys combat spam?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I am somewat new to diddy kong. One of the things i find hard about him is fighting very spammy opponents. how do diddys combat spam?
Diddy's Side-B Kick (Monkey Flip Kick) has a lot of priority and will go through a lot of projectile spam. You can combat Meta Knight Tornado spam by angling your shield upwards as he is hitting you. You really need to be more specific as to what "spam" is in your sense.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

-Picture-
Your business is appreciated

TreK

Is "that guy"
I heard you won a tourney where ADHD attended.
You are not allowed to beat any diddy kong without my agreement, got it ? è_é

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah Diddy vs DK is imo between 57:43 and 63:37.

He isn't really a hard counter, but he has an advantage obviously.

I'd really like to see a fight between ADHD and a good DK. ^^

tekkie

Smash Master
alright so im an ultra noob who can't kill with diddy.

any help on killing marth? it's kind of a pain to die at 110% from an accidental tipper and then not return the favor until like 180% :p

are aerials or smashes better? do you just bait the hell out of it/wait for a mistake?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
alright so im an ultra noob who can't kill with diddy.

any help on killing marth? it's kind of a pain to die at 110% from an accidental tipper and then not return the favor until like 180% :p

are aerials or smashes better? do you just bait the hell out of it/wait for a mistake?
bait them towards the edge/naner lock them towards the edge, confirm smash with a trip or bait a move. 130%+ should kill depending on char/character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom