• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Hitstun+Falcon=SEX
you know, falcon+hitstun=sex=melee, right?

and i like how choknater says something random for post count, then adds "peach is good" in efforts to make his post legit. GET BANNED CHOKNATERZZZ hhahaha

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Lol we were on Luigi's Mansion. Thats like a "No arrows allowed" stage. Until the stage is completly destroyed of course.
I'm not saying Pit relies only on his arrow's, but they do help =D

And I hate Wolf...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lol we were on Luigi's Mansion. Thats like a "No arrows allowed" stage. Until the stage is completly destroyed of course.

And I hate Wolf...
fight MY pit. (no homo)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

And I hate Wolf...
Just as Wolf likes his lazorz. Plus, he can just camp all day with his reflector up and force sweetcheeks Pit to approach, so that is a moot point. :p

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol ok Just making sure

And to keep slightly on topic, when can we expect new list? Is there one put out every year or every 6 months, or is a new one made just whenever?

I'm excited to se how much the list changes =D

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol ok Just making sure

And to keep slightly on topic, when can we expect new list? Is there one put out every year or every 6 months, or is a new one made just whenever?

I'm excited to se how much the list changes =D
me too. this meta game should still be evolving enough to make updates to the list.
but it's probably a hassle to get it all together.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
My new, ultimate tier list based on metagame, potential, matchups, and overall ability.

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
King Dedede
Falco
Marth

HIGH:

R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Wario
Lucario
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Pit
Peach

MIDDLE:

Wolf
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Luigi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Fox

LOW:

Yoshi
Mario
Sonic
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My new, ultimate tier list based on metagame, potential, matchups, and overall ability.

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Mr. Game & Watch
Snake This made me throwup in my mouth
King Dedede
Falco
Marth

HIGH:

R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Wario
Lucario
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Pit
Peach
at least you got peach right. that backair lock is sex-diculous

MIDDLE:

Wolf
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Luigi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Fox

LOW:

Yoshi
Mario
Sonic
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
thats all i really care to comment on, other than the fact that Ness IS NOT THAT GOOD.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Mario?... Low? ;_;
Can you believe that he is the one saving peach from bowser?

translation:can you believe that a low tier character is saving a middle tier character from another middle tier character?

mario is obviously the weakest link, so why is he the protaginist?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Can you believe that he is the one saving peach from bowser?

translation:can you believe that a low tier character is saving a middle tier character from another middle tier character?

mario is obviously the weakest link, so why is he the protaginist?
Him and Mario should switch spots. xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wont change that much.
low tier will proly stay mostly the same.

peach should be high tier
ROB should not be top tier.
Diddy should be top tier.
wolf should be mid tier

i really hope theres a bottom tier this time

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I dunno, Diddy might be top 1 or 2 of High tier, I don't think he'll make it to top YET

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
diddy is really good.
but not as good as snake
wearing a santa hat LOL

Noraa

Smash Lord
Pit will be moved to middle.
Peach and Olimar will go to high.
Falco will be above DDD
Sonic will move to middle.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My prediction of the second tier list of the Smash Back Room:

God
-Meta Knight

-Snake
-DDD
-G&W
*B-moveless Meta Knight* (not an actual part of the tier list, but MK is the only character IMO which can have his B moves removed and still remain viable. Should be explored more instead of a ban.)
-Falco
-Marth
-Wario (I think Wario is better than Marth, but he has worse matchups in the top tier than he does)

High
-Diddy (having the most potential in the game puts him above ROB imo.)
-R.O.B
-Olimar
-Lucario (Lucario does not have anything overwhelming that puts him above the others)
-Pikachu
-Ice Climbers (even without an actual approach, their chaingrab gives their player an mindset advantage right off the bat, something which Kirby lacks)
-Kirby
-Wolf (Wolf is just far too much of a solid character to be put in mid, considering the only thing that puts him in high at all is his matchups against the top tier.)
-Donkey Kong (Solid character, but DDD kills off his viability)
-Peach (better than everyone in mid tier)

Upper-Mid
-Pit (I play Pit and I don't see what is special about him to warrent putting him in High)
-Toon Link
-Zero Suit Samus
-Shiek/Zelda (They deserve a spot together and they cover each others weaknesses quite nicely)
-Luigi (Is perhaps the best killer/comboer in Brawl)
-Bowser (his defensive game and grab releases) are too strong to warrent putting the others above him)

Lower-Mid
-Fox (Very solid mid tier character, but Pikachu and ZSS drop him)
-Shiek (Yes, I put her above Zelda. She can pressure, damage rack, edgeguard, and actually does real well against a select few characters: Ike, Bowser, Fox, DK (?))
-Zelda (I put her below Shiek because Shiek is a better counterpick character than Zelda. Though Zelda isn't ***** by anyone out of the Top tier, I beleive Shiek has the better moveset, though Zelda's is good as well.)
-Sonic (Can hold his own against just about everyone and his mix-ups are awesome)
-Mario
-Ness

Low
-Yoshi (I will achknowledge that Yoshi is good, but most other characters are just better)
-Ike (Is actually one of the characters capable of being gimped by the majority of the cast. I would put him in Upper-Mid otherwise)
-Lucas (Inferior to his co-Earthbound representative in a lot of ways)
-Samus (Isn't molested by G&W's bair thanks to roll and counters Bowser. Wish she could kill)
-Pokemon Trainer
-Link (I actually think he is good enough not to be lumped in with the other 3 in the Faliure 4

Bottom
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

This is what the tier list will look like for the most part. YOU BETTER BELEIVE IT!!!!!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Diddy is a counter to Meta Knight on a select few stages (Like Yoshi is on FD imo) which is saying a lot. I'll change it though.
Just because NinjaLink beat M2K in 1 set doesn't mean Diddy is a MK counter.
Thats just Ninjalink vs M2K.

Plus M2K came back from losers bracket and beat ninjalink

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm glad to see that people agree with putting Peach higher on the tier list, I was kinda surprised to see her so low on this first one

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm interested to see Zelda/Sheik and if they place as one character. I wonder if Zelda may rise, considering her matchups are not that bad against the high tiers... and she does quite well so far against the high tiers.

Peach will definitely be higher. She's come a long way!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Zelda and Sheik count as separate characters because you're not required to use one in order to play as the other.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Top Tier
Snake (Chuck Norris of Smash)
Meta Knight (Don't go by Ankoku's list, only the same players score high with MK)

High Tier
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario

Upper Tier
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach

Middle tier
Ike
Sheik
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus

Steak tier
Sonic (He's an odd character. Bad initial moveset, better with mind games and spin tricks.)

Low tier
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon (He isn't the worst, speed+power+above average weight+jab combos)
Link (His attributes nullify other attributes. Ex: Link is an above average weight but that doesn't matter since he dies early anyways for having a bad recovery, gets no momentum with his up+B and falls fast. Link is mid tier on stages such as Bridge of Eldin, Green Greens, etc.)
Ganondorf (Has really bad match ups)

Ravin

Smash Lord
I wish people would actually play Samus and stop saying she can't kill :laugh:

Learn 2 play. K thnx.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I wish people would actually play Samus and stop saying she can't kill :laugh:

Learn 2 play. K thnx.
Ravin, I do play Samus and she is in the low tier when it comes to killing (She is not bottom because she has a few kill moves and it is practical to say that she can land them, unlike characters such as Falcon and, to a slightly lesser extent, Yoshi.). Yes she does have kill moves and I admitted that she could land them, but they are still situational and/or unsafe. Dtilt is unsafe on block, Fsmash is good, but unsafe on a powershield if that counts, and you, for all intents and purposes, only get one charge shot per opponent stock.

EDIT: And if you are going to mention that jab setup Samus has, it is situational and would have to have her opponent land on the ground without teching/airdodging. Only the heavies have trouble timing the airdodge/tech. It is a god send against Snake and DK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom