• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch doesn't know anything about why Pit or DK are better than Peach because he does not main them. And why is everyone posting in color now?
You do realize that the same could be said for the people that voted for Peach below them and etc. right? That is not a very bright post you just made

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Dark.Pch doesn't know anything about why Pit or DK are better than Peach because he does not main them. And why is everyone posting in color now?
Dark.Pch always did and I just think it goes well with my sig/avy.

I'm not sure about Ike's jab cancels or jab cancels in general but I remember reading that a lot of attacks if happen too quickly to each other that the game wont read both attacks. The example was the 2nd and 3rd jab in the jab jab jab combos for most characters.
They said something on the Dojo about it's best to do attacks in rapid succession. I assumed they just meant combos rock. Now I'm thinking it has something to do with move decay....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pretty much everytime you have to hit a button to attack its puts a move on the stale move list counter.

Mks f tilt = 3 moves
snakes f tilt = 2 moves
dancing blade = 4 moves
pk fire = 1 move
peachs dair = 1 move

however pikachus jab puts a move in the stale move list every time one of the headbutts hits

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I want to strongly emphasize, in this thread, the fact that I love cheese.

I almost want to make a cheese tier list.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Gouda is gooda.

Dark.Pch, you're the one that implied that to begin with. :rolleyes: Nobody makes everybody, however, so how should we proceed to rank characters in order?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You do realize that the same could be said for the people that voted for Peach below them and etc. right? That is not a very bright post you just made
I think he was referencing your own post from before, when you criticized someone for saying bad things about a character you main.

In other words, your premise seems to be that you're not allowed to discuss the merits of a character and be taken seriously unless you main them, which is of course, completely false.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Austrian brötchen easily beats every other brötchen.
Fix'd for epic justice.

Oh and on topic.
I er...
Agree that Meta Knight is the best in the game! YEAH!

>__>

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Peach isn't in the same league as DK. DK's only problem is D3, otherwise he could easily be top 5. He contends(I never call a MK matchup even unless it's Snake or Wario..) with MK, beats Snake, beats Marth, beats GnW, beats ICs, beats ROB, beats Lucario and is even with Falco, Diddy, Pika, Oli, Kirby, Pit(possible advantage), ZSS, etc.

Who outside of top tier has credentials like that? He has 2 bad matchups in high tier(aside from MK which is closer to even), and those bad matchups are characters who infinite him. Without the infinites, they are no more than 60-40 advantages.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Peach isn't in the same league as DK. DK's only problem is D3, otherwise he could easily be top 5. He contends(I never call a MK matchup even unless it's Snake or Wario..) with MK, beats Snake, beats Marth, beats GnW, beats ICs, beats ROB, beats Lucario and is even with Falco, Diddy, Pika, Oli, Kirby, Pit(possible advantage), ZSS, etc.

Who outside of top tier has credentials like that? He has 2 bad matchups in high tier(aside from MK which is closer to even), and those bad matchups are characters who infinite him. Without the infinites, they are no more than 60-40 advantages.
This. To this day I'm still baffled why DK keeps going down.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
This. To this day I'm still baffled why DK keeps going down.
Note: I do NOT want to start a debate about whether or not the DDD infinite should be banned. That's best left up to tournament organizers. Please don't argue about it here.

The SBR tier list is based on the SBR ruleset, right? And in the SBR ruleset, DDD's infinite isn't banned. It takes DK completely out of the question on anything but blind pick since it's such an easy counter. The SBR realizes this and put him lower because he's just not as viable for a solo character because of it (but makes a pretty decent CP character).

I agree though, without the infinite he should definitely be higher. Somewhere around where Marth is or even higher would make sense to me.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I have one thing to say, Dark Peach, or whatever your name is, can you please stop typing in color? It's not cool and it annoys the heck out of me.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Man, in this topic discussions go from Fire Emblem to coloured fonts in like a day loooool.

This is the font I used to post in back when I had around 300 posts. :p

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Note: I do NOT want to start a debate about whether or not the DDD infinite should be banned. That's best left up to tournament organizers. Please don't argue about it here.

The SBR tier list is based on the SBR ruleset, right? And in the SBR ruleset, DDD's infinite isn't banned. It takes DK completely out of the question on anything but blind pick since it's such an easy counter. The SBR realizes this and put him lower because he's just not as viable for a solo character because of it (but makes a pretty decent CP character).

I agree though, without the infinite he should definitely be higher. Somewhere around where Marth is or even higher would make sense to me.
This basically sums it up, infinites are what do DK in..

Now, top 5 is pretty solid, MK, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy is accurate, however when you get to the next few spots, I wouldn't put many of these characters past DK. I mean..D3? He has **** matchups with a lot of high tiers like Pika, Oli, ICs, Falco and bad matchups with MK, Diddy, GnW and Kirby..I showed that DK only has 3 bad high tier matchups, 1 of them is near even with MK and the other two are because of infinites. I don't see how you can get ***** by most of high tier and still be up there, but idk.

Gindler

Smash Champion

Don't most tournaments have banned infinites? I know most I go to have STANDING infinites banned.

But yeah, DK is BEAST

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

Oh I am sorry. I did not know you knew more about my main than I do. Please Marth Main. Tell me how this is so? Tell a Peach main about his own character. How is Pit and DK better than Peach *grabs a notepad*

Commander Beef- Chill out dude, I missed yur post. I say Peach belongs over Pit and DK on the list and she be fine.
Okay so...why should peach be higher than Pit and Donkey Kong? I'm too curious about this.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Don't most tournaments have banned infinites? I know most I go to have STANDING infinites banned.

But yeah, DK is BEAST
Most competitive tournaments do NOT ban infinites (and this applies to almost EVERY fighting game).

And even if infinites were banned, DeDeDe still has the short-step chain grab on DK, so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
When the infinite is banned, the smallstep CG is also banned, leaving only the regular CG. Funny how DK and D3 is even even with the ****ed CG that deals massive damage..lol..without it, it'd easily be a **** matchup in DK's favor.

There's also no way Peach is better than Pit and DK. Don't listen to Dark Pch, I've noticed that he's a complete homer.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Although I'm a Peach main, I have to admit that Donkey Kong is overall better. Yes, he has that stupid infinite against D3, but otherwise he's a great character. He has tons of range and power, and his attacks aren't even that slow. His tilts, Bair and DSmash aren't slow at all, in fact. Plus he has a good throw game and can survive just about forever thanks to his heavy weight and up B momentum cancelling.

Don't get me wrong, I think Peach is a pretty good character, but she has some major flaws which mean she won't raise higher than low B Tier in the near future. Whichever way you put it, she has trouble killing, her range isn't great, and she gets star KO'd WAY too easily. Oh, and her aerial defense is lame too.

However, IMO Pit and Peach are almost equal in terms of ability, but Peach is ever so slightly better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When the infinite is banned, the smallstep CG is also banned, leaving only the regular CG. Funny how DK and D3 is even even with the ****ed CG that deals massive damage..lol..without it, it'd easily be a **** matchup in DK's favor.
However, we're discussing this in terms of the official ruleset, which doesn't ban either.

"Ifs" and "withouts" aren't really important, I can think of a lot of characters that would have much better match-ups against Falco without his laser, but that's the way the game is.

The fact that Atlantic North banned something without legitimate justification doesn't change the way things actually are, the standing infinite and small-step chaingrab are not ban-worthy.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643

There's also no way Peach is better than Pit and DK. Don't listen to Dark Pch, I've noticed that he's a complete homer.
Actually, most of the scrub tournament sets I've seen don't even take smallstep into account from what I've seen. But this is basically anecdotal, anyway.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
-> Peach can overcome her killing potential:

Donkey Kong doesn't need to overcome such issues, he's a killing machine. Donkey Kong is better here.

-> Peach is better at spacing

With Donkey Kong having better range, better aerial mobility, a REAL mid air jump, down b to completely zone the ground, and bair covering most aerial approaches, it is hard for Peach to argue that she has superior spacing ability or "up close" ability. Especially with DK's amazingly fast dtilt with it's high tripping chance, and fast and mostly safe ftilt for a 'gtfo'.
It is hard for me to see anything Dark Peach has said that can over come these qualities.

-> No one in the SBR knows Peach
I bet you there's barely, if any, real DK mains in the SBR as well; whilst there is Edrees (I believe) and Sky in the SBR... I guess these people dont know Peach; I guess these people dont know Peach well enough to have at least Sky agree DK is better.
But people can see that as a character, where DK is made solo unviable, in a similar way as Peach (you can show match ups all day, get both sides to agree... Marth, MK, Snake, HAI!); DK is the better character.

-> What about Pit!?
Better recovery, better killing potential, similar damage potential, slightly weaker spacing ability, no characters out to make him 'really' unviable, MUCH BETTER camping potential (++ IN BRAWL METGAMEZ).

This is the perspective of the current view of the metagame in my eyes; you saying otherwise holds little when there is no definitive tournament or otherwise information to back it [Peach] up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom