• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I tried to instigate Pikachu debate, but I got no nibbles.

Let's try this again, but with a different character.

Olimar should go lower. He's way overrated. Everyone just thinks he's got more potential than his tournament results show without a solid explanation as to why. The ease of gimping him is too crippling to make him a viable solo character - he's too stage dependent.

Prove me wrong!

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Holy moley, I click on SSBB tier list and what I get is a debate on the finer points of FE.

Anyways I will join on the olimar boat in that, the first question you should ask is how do you get him off the edge in a gimping position? He can probably outrange 90% of attacks and pivot grab out of the others. But one of his main problems is that he is slightly stage depedent (slightly)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Serra is the best magical unit in the game, as far as I'm concerned.
This is quite possible, but I think Serra having a horsey and using the better magic type outweighs her level lead. Both are two of the best units for the Experience rank due to their class bonuses and healing.

Metaknight is broken...

...Sedgar broke him in half.
lmao, Sedgar is the best unit in his game

I will rip anybody apart in FE Marth discussion just like Emblem Lord does for Melee/Brawl Marth and will wholeheartedly show that Marth is a good character in all of his games.

Anybody that tells you that Marth sucks is wrong.
IIRC, in the original game, he had one more Mov than normal foot units, which was a plus. The Rapier is a really good weapon in all of the games. Other than that, he's actually a bit mediocre.

FE 11 was merciful towards him and gave him 10 more levels to gain and made him useful for support purposes.

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
How is Marcus amazing? O_O
His stat growth is... T_T to me.
He drains exp like no other with a whopping 3 exp per kill too...

:093:
That doesn't matter. His growths are mediocre and he grows slowly, but he's almost essential to do get 5 stars in the Tactics rank and he's your strongest unit for a long time. His biggest (and only) problem is Spd, which gets offset by his access to amazing weapons and his supports all giving him Evd and Def/Res bonuses.

Fire Emblem tier discussions are more eww and pointless than any other kind of tier discussion. Never mind that people love doing it so much they hold debate tournaments other them.
Hey, I was once the main host of those and a top placer all the time! :D

Ice Climbers, Kirby and Pikachu should be lower.

c wut I did there, Bunny?
Ice Climbers...lower? I tried to get them higher, and still think they should be higher. Why should they be lower?

Pit and Olimar need rep T.T.

Have you played an Olimar lol? You have to get CLOSE to one before you can gimp him.
Pit sucks.

Olimar, however, is amazing. He's better than Marth, imo.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Inui, Dekuu was joking, lol. Joking with me because I...main ICs...

...Yeah.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've got no real argument as to why Olimar should be lower. I'm just trying to instigate discussion, and people tend to get pretty uppity about Oli.

Why do people think Pikachu should be lower?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I used to think Olimar was nearly broken and he's REALLY good but it's kind of like with Snake or Peach. The more you learn the matchup the more beatable he seems. I think Marth is slightly better than Olimar still. Unless we're talking about Brawl with Perfect control. Then Olimar is best in the game. lol Pit's below Oli. Sorry. It's true. Pit's not TERRIBLE but he loses out to Oli and Marth. Definitely.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Look guys seriously.

Inui cries himself to sleep at night because he loves Marth so much and can't play him cuz MK ***** his ****.

Inui needs to justify abandoning Marth because he is a giant FE fanboy so he has to rag on him to feel better about it.

Don't pay attention to him when he says silly things about Marth.

The only one he hurts is himself. It's like cutting yourself Inui style, pretty much.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Look guys seriously.

Inui cries himself to sleep at night because he loves Marth so much and can't play him cuz MK ***** his ****.

Inui needs to justify abandoning Marth because he is a giant FE fanboy so he has to rag on him to feel better about it.

Don't pay attention to him when he says silly things about Marth.

The only one he hurts is himself. It's like cutting yourself Inui style, pretty much.
Marth? Oh, sorry. I think you meant Martha.

:p

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
^^^^^And then we got dudes, that hate Marth for...I really have no clue.

Marth isn't ****** you unless you played Melee then I can understand why you would hate him.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You must be a crack head for thinking Peach is better then Pit and DK.

Oh I am sorry. I did not know you knew more about my main than I do. Please Marth Main. Tell me how this is so? Tell a Peach main about his own character. How is Pit and DK better than Peach *grabs a notepad*

Commander Beef- Chill out dude, I missed yur post. I say Peach belongs over Pit and DK on the list and she be fine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're actually intending to discuss rationally, cut the bull**** and arrogant tone.
If you intend to be cocky and provocative, carry on.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Maybe he just knows more about Pit and DK than YOU do. lol
Oh, this is gonna be a fun debate. I'm ready for a fight.

If you're actually intending to discuss rationally, cut the bull**** and arrogant tone.
If you intend to be cocky and provocative, carry on.
Why do people assume my emotions online. Like I use "lol" or faces? emoticon you call them? w/e. Yea I am gonna have to sig it. "don't assume how I am online, cause you can never tell" I swear I am like a mindgame. you can never tell how I am. Heh. <---------Had to add that to show I am not tick and etc.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My statement stands because regardless of how you actually are your intent is crystal clear.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Are you sure about that? Why don't you explain then. people assume to much of me and never ask. I'm sorry if I dont wanna use the typical internet stuff that everyone uses and abuses. I should not have too, and People should not assume they know how I am or my tone. This is the net, not face to face talk.

Not lets see you assume my mood from this post or as you say "the tone of it"

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are you sure about that? Why don't you explain then. people assume to much of me and never ask. I'm sorry if I dont wanna use the typical internet stuff that everyone uses and abuses. I should not have too, and People should not assume they know how I am or my tone. This is the net, not face to face talk.
Simple disagreement. Zero tone.

Not lets see you assume my mood from this post or as you say "the tone of it"
Challenging me to read into the intent of your words. Confrontational tone.

Oh I am sorry. I did not know you knew more about my main than I do. Please Marth Main. Tell me how this is so? Tell a Peach main about his own character. How is Pit and DK better than Peach *grabs a notepad*
Cynical remark implying EL's lack of knowledge relative to your own. Sarcastic/ironic tone.

Would you like that I go on?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You're doing a horrible job of being facetious, DP.

Seriously. What does Peach have, aside from theory fighter? There's a reason why some of these people in the backroom are, well, in the backroom---they go to tournaments for this game (unlike you).

Smooth Criminal

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What does the tone of your posts have to do with this thread? And you still haven't explained why Peach should be higher than DK and Pit.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'm just saying you might be overrating your character due to a lack of knowledge on the others. Not saying it's true. I'm also not saying that EL isn't making character assumptions based on a lack of knowledge on Peach. Although I'm not saying he is. Unfortunately for you, to take a page out of Yuna's phrase book, the burden of evidence is on you. Point out flaws in DK and Pit's game, refer to specific matches and events that occurred at tourneys, say why Peach does better overall.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Simple disagreement. Zero tone.

Challenging me to read into the intent of your words. Confrontational tone.

Cynical remark implying EL's lack of knowledge relative to your own. Sarcastic/ironic tone.

Would you like that I go on?
Bring it.

You're doing a horrible job of being facetious, DP.

Seriously. What does Peach have, aside from theory fighter? There's a reason why some of these people in the backroom are, well, in the backroom---they go to tournaments for this game (unlike you).

Smooth Criminal
The reason some are in there don't interest me at all. But I can say some that were added in there only went to like..1 tournament every 3 months or less. So please lets not go there and have me put people on blast.

Second I quit going to tournaments last saturday, that was my last one, solets keep your "you know about me" stuff out the door, cause you don't. And this also does not mean I don't know my character 100%. But yet you would not know much about what I know now would you.

You aren't too smooth sir.

What does the tone of your posts have to do with this thread? And you still haven't explained why Peach should be higher than DK and Pit.
I explained like three times why Peach is better than both. if Go look a few pages back and find it. if people don't wanna pay attention to the Info on my main that I give them, then thats on you. But I did my job.

I'm just saying you might be overrating your character due to a lack of knowledge on the others. Not saying it's true. I'm also not saying that EL isn't making character assumptions based on a lack of knowledge on Peach. Although I'm not saying he is. Unfortunately for you, to take a page out of Yuna's phrase book, the burden of evidence is on you. Point out flaws in DK and Pit's game, refer to specific matches and events that occurred at tourneys, say why Peach does better overall.

This right here, people talking what I said seriously. And people think I took what EL said seriously. I already know he is a smart dude. Since the first hardcore debate I got on this site for brawl. It was with him. I said what I said cause if he can explain his reason, of course it be debate time and I unleash my info on him With Peach over those 2 characters as I did three times already.

I wanted him to explain himself. Man thats it, I need to change my sig, brb

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Suddenly...

BEES!

lol Genesis is gonna be interesting, who do you guys think will get a higher spot: Wario or Snake? I vote Wario.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I agree, whether he's being dickly, lolful, sarcastic or whatever. It shouldn't really matter.

Anyway, he sorta gave points as to why Peach would be better, about 15-30 pages back. *doesn't remember exactly* >_>
I can see him just copy and pasting that a 3rd (or 4th?) time to answer this question. However, I don't think he ever gave reasoning as to what DK and Pit were lacking that would land them below Peach. =o

EDIT: Er... nevermind. I'm too slow...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Okay.
In the interest of saying as much as possible in as little as possible, my original statement still stands.

<3
I love you too but again you are wrong in assume you know how my emotion was from those lines you quoted.

Ether, you should already know I cause problems. i'm just a bad person around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom