• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Simply put, we seem to going based on alternate paradigms here. This may be at odds with the accepted wisdom of the community now, but my chief concern was always beating the game as efficiently as possible or to create characters for multiplayer, therefore the tactics and combat drop never struck me as important.

With that in mind, I can definitely see where your analysis is coming from, Nino, while powerful enough to function with mediocre supports due to pure statistical advantage simply doesn't seem worth it when playing for rankings.
Nino is the worst unit in the game in terms of efficiency and capping out other characters.

Even as a link arena character, she's lackluster, due to her poor Def and miserable Con. If you want an overpowered magic user for the arena, give Athos a bunch of stat boosters, and he's by far the best, since he can use really heavy tomes without Spd loss after you give him the body rings and he has three stats that cap at 30 while Nino and Sages in general only have one.

Erk is also a lot more safely ignored once viable replacements appear (though he's always useful in the beginning).
Erk's power is at its peak after he completes his supports with Priscilla and Serra, or if you're only using one of them, Pent later on. He gets more Evd and Def/Res, boosted Crit, and he'll be promoted by then, thus able to both heal and attack. This is especially good since he can gain EXP from a seperate EXP pool and not take away from combat EXP.

Actually I lied. 1 word, Luna.
That spell is typically only good against bosses... It's good, but only if you score criticals with it or Canas's Mag stat grows well. However, using it does deplete from your Funds rank a bit (although the Silver Card makes this rank the easiest to get 5 stars in), and it's heavy, meaning he loses a lot of Spd while wielding it. Make sure he's not using it when enemies are able to attack him, since his Evd suffers and he doesn't really have supports to make up for it.

Oh man, I wonder if WilforChat or FESSChat is still around...

it's been so long eaichuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

whereeeeeeeeeeee areeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Wilfor's beard is godlike.

Eaichu is on MSN right now, lol...

ShawnClarkimus at hotmail.com

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is broken...

...Sedgar broke him in half.

Erk is also a lot more safely ignored once viable replacements appear (though he's always useful in the beginning).
Erk is a viable replacement for other mages that join later on, having better durability than Lucius and better offense than Canas.

Not to mention much better availability, so not only is he getting level ups before they join, but he's also helping out your team before they come.

He is the complete opposite of Nino.

Also what is FE? I heard that guy Marth sucks.
I will rip anybody apart in FE Marth discussion just like Emblem Lord does for Melee/Brawl Marth and will wholeheartedly show that Marth is a good character in all of his games.

Anybody that tells you that Marth sucks is wrong.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Man, I wish someone would talk like that about Gradius with me. :(

I feel so lonely.
Gradius 3's final boss was a royal PITA. That game rocked my socks off, though.

Gradius 5 was sweet too, but it didn't have that seem feel of absolute insanity that dodging a million floating heads in Gradius 3 had.

Life Force was awesome, trying to carry someone who wasn't any good through that game was so infuriating and so rewarding at the same time.

Have you played Ikaruga? I F'ING LOVE that game. Best boss fights EVAR.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Gradius 3's final boss was a royal PITA. That game rocked my socks off, though.

Gradius 5 was sweet too, but it didn't have that seem feel of absolute insanity that dodging a million floating heads in Gradius 3 had.

Life Force was awesome, trying to carry someone who wasn't any good through that game was so infuriating and so rewarding at the same time.

Have you played Ikaruga? I F'ING LOVE that game. Best boss fights EVAR.
Gradius 3 was pretty good, yea. I never played Gradius 5 (no PS2), but I LOVED Gradius Gaiden.

And no, I haven't played Ikaruga, but I've heard so many people say it's awesome that I'm pretty obliged to get it.

Have you played the Parodius series?

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Gradius 3 was pretty good, yea. I never played Gradius 5 (no PS2), but I LOVED Gradius Gaiden.

And no, I haven't played Ikaruga, but I've heard so many people say it's awesome that I'm pretty obliged to get it.

Have you played the Parodius series?
They're hard to get ahold of in the U.S., but I've played the original once or twice. Those games are freakin crazy, and absolutely hilarious. Who doesn't love penguins going pew pew?

Did you ever play Xevious? That game was pretty sweet too.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
They're hard to get ahold of in the U.S., but I've played the original once or twice. Those games are freakin crazy, and absolutely hilarious. Who doesn't love penguins going pew pew?

Did you ever play Xevious? That game was pretty sweet too.
Yea, I know. The games are, though, very challenging despite looking silly like that. They're really good. Panda ballerinas wearing a duck as hat... just one of the bosses there. lol.

But it's basically like Gradius, when it comes to weaponry and such. It also has the Moais, it's just frigging sweet.

And of course I played Xevious, that's a classic, lol.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Yea, I know. The games are, though, very challenging despite looking silly like that. They're really good. Panda ballerinas wearing a duck as hat... just one of the bosses there. lol.

But it's basically like Gradius, when it comes to weaponry and such. It also has the Moais, it's just frigging sweet.

And of course I played Xevious, that's a classic, lol.
If I can find a way to play the Parodius series, I definitely will. They're just too crazy and awesome to miss out on. They seem like a cool mix of Gradius, Legend of Mystical Ninja, and Disgaea. My friends and I always made up weird nicknames for all of the Gradius bosses, and I'm sure it would be much easier with the Parodius versions. I've been trying for awhile to get a copy of any of them, but with limited success.

You MUST play Ikaruga when you get the chance. It's horribly addictive.

I'm sure you played 1942 as well?

Edit: Mario the character in SSBB, or Mario games?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
How is Marcus amazing? O_O
His stat growth is... T_T to me.
He drains exp like no other with a whopping 3 exp per kill too...

:093:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If I can find a way to play the Parodius series, I definitely will. They're just too crazy and awesome to miss out on. They seem like a cool mix of Gradius, Legend of Mystical Ninja, and Disgaea. My friends and I always made up weird nicknames for all of the Gradius bosses, and I'm sure it would be much easier with the Parodius versions. I've been trying for awhile to get a copy of any of them, but with limited success.

lol, some of them actually have names, and all Parodius bosses are canonically named. But yea, they're still easy to name and figure out. xD

Ikaruga had a GCN version, right? It looks like a fun game, I'll see if I can get it. :)

And 1942... doesn't ring any bell, actually. Or... Wait... do you mean that Capcom game for the C64?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Edit: Mario the character in SSBB, or Mario games?
If you guys are into the danmaku genre you might like ABA Games' stuff.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/index_e.html

It's all free, too. rRootage, PARSEC47, and Torus Trooper are probably the best ones of the lot.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
How is Marcus amazing? O_O
His stat growth is... T_T to me.
He drains exp like no other with a whopping 3 exp per kill too...
He only drains EXP if you let him. Otherwise he is the ultimate support unit for the rest of your characters, and his extremely high base stats offset his growths (which only speed is meh in that department, and he can just use good weapons if he needs to).

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I do not get why fox is so high soo many chaters got 0 death on him or at lest way to put a lot of dmg on him. is there a trick to deal with this i am not awhere of?

Nanaki

Smash Lord
lol, some of them actually have names, and all Parodius bosses are canonically named. But yea, they're still easy to name and figure out. xD

Ikaruga had a GCN version, right? It looks like a fun game, I'll see if I can get it. :)

And 1942... doesn't ring any bell, actually. Or... Wait... do you mean that Capcom game for the C64?
Ikaruga was released on GCN, that's where I played it. I'll bet you can find a copy pretty easily. I think it's on Xbox Live Arcade too, if you have a 360 (I don't). It was also on Dreamcast, but I'm not sure if they released it in Europe.

Yeah, 1942 was a Capcom game. Since you're in Europe, I think it was released on Commodore 64 over there. It was ported to the NES here. That game was sweet. I think they made a sequel called 1943, but I never played it.

Any other gems I should know about? I liked Mars Matrix, that was a pretty crazy fun game. Was ported to the Dreamcast, I believe?

If you guys are into the danmaku genre you might like ABA Games' stuff.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/index_e.html

It's all free, too. rRootage, PARSEC47, and Torus Trooper are probably the best ones of the lot.
Those look pretty sweet. I might have to try them out on my Windows laptop when I get home (on my Macbook Pro right now at work - I need to get a copy of XP to bootcamp this thing). How do the Japanese come up with such insanely fun shmups?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I do not get why fox is so high soo many chaters got 0 death on him or at lest way to put a lot of dmg on him. is there a trick to deal with this i am not awhere of?
I dunno, I wouldn't count 2 rather rarely played characters as "so many".

Any other gems I should know about? I liked Mars Matrix, that was a pretty crazy fun game. Was ported to the Dreamcast, I believe?
Under Defeat and Border Down for the Dreamcast (both) are insanely amazing Shmups.

Thanks Ankoku, by the way, I'll check them out, they look good. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
spade, about a third to half of the cast have a silly lock on fox.

the thing about fox is that he has 30-40% up tilt comboes on most characters right back, which is why most locks on him dont matter

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Under Defeat and Border Down for the Dreamcast (both) are insanely amazing Shmups.

Thanks Ankoku, by the way, I'll check them out, they look good. :)
I've played both, they're really good too. Too bad you're all the way in Europe, you sound like you have good taste in games. Apparently nobody here (Ankoku aside) like shmups. Have you tried Axelay (SNES) or Einhander (PS1)? They're more mainstream, and not has hard, but still pretty good.

I hadn't really noticed just how high Pikachu has climbed up the list. Does anybody rep him besides Anther? What's holding him back from climbing higher? Does he still "wreck Snake" like I always used to hear he did? I haven't been paying attention to him at all.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've played both, they're really too. Too bad you're all the way in Europe, you sound like you have good taste in games. Apparently nobody here (Ankoku aside) like shmups. Have you tried Axelay (SNES) or Einhander (PS1)? They're more mainstream, and not has hard, but still pretty good.
Yea, I did. Good games. I liked Axelay. :)

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
You know what I love about tiers?

I can go online as Captain Falcon and have the element of surprise when I PAWNCH the crap out of them.

Keep up the good work! :bigthumbu

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link went up, yay!

Not too happy about Ness going down, but at least I don't have to worry about Sonic and Pokemon Trainer in Low-tier tournaments. :)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, Lucuis is your only Light Magic user until Serra promotes and Canas is your only Dark Magic user at all, excluding Athos. That makes them a little more worth using than Erk, whose use is eventually mimicked by Pent and the amazing do-it-all Valkyrie Priscilla.

[/late to the discussion]

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marcus just kills a ****load of stuff very easily and he is just great back up in the early chapters.

If you wanna lvl then keep Marcus in the back.

If you wanna own some people have him up front with Hector and the rest of the top tiers.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem tier discussions are more eww and pointless than any other kind of tier discussion. Never mind that people love doing it so much they hold debate tournaments other them.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hi.

I know this is the Brawl tier list discussion, and I might be out of line with this buuuuut, do you guys mind actually talking about the Brawl tier list? Thanks. =]

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Hi.

I know this is the Brawl tier list discussion, and I might be out of line with this buuuuut, do you guys mind actually talking about the Brawl tier list? Thanks. =]
Ok, guys, let's talk about the brawl tier list.

I disagree with this tier list. The horribly nonviable character that I main is definitely too low and the SBR is clueless, etc.

ps: I can't believe these guys are still talking about Fire Emblem.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Fire Emblem is awesome though, and this tier list just came out. Nothing new to discuss character development wise. >_>

Do you rather this be the flamefest from the last tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom