• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i find it odd that A2 is one of the people that I see dispelling the most rumors about such and such a move being being good, or such and such a character being overhyped, and hes the one big talking jigglypuff... weird.

but anyways. I wont claim to know everything about jigglypuff but I do know that pound really isnt that great, the long lasting nature of the move makes it retardedly punishable on shield. Rollout is far far far too committed and easy to see coming.

also, the margin for error on jpuff as a whole is just too small for her to ever get out of low tier, personally I think she'll stay in bottom tier.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
but anyways. I wont claim to know everything about jigglypuff but I do know that pound really isnt that great, the long lasting nature of the move makes it retardedly punishable on shield. Rollout is far far far too committed and easy to see coming.

also, the margin for error on jpuff as a whole is just too small for her to ever get out of low tier, personally I think she'll stay in bottom tier.
Pound is NOT retardedly punishable on shield if you space it to hit with it late, and you can hit blindspots with it that limit your opponent's options to punish it. Furthermore it does a TON of shield damage, which is something that helps Jigglypuff a lot in poking you. And then there is actually the chance that it will shield poke by itself.

Rollout is committed and usually easily avoided, but if you catch someone who has expended their midair jump, it suddenly becomes very difficult to deal with. More importantly, it kills people at like 70%, and you can't punish it with a kill move 98% of the time.

Jigglypuff's margin for error is underestimated, since she never gets gimped, and it's REALLY not that hard to play safely if you have a good understanding of zoning.

She is definitely not that good, but she is not fundamentally terrible.

Her grab range is also gdlk.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Thats it, thats how this character planks? No use of attacks of something?
Use attacks to punish commitment. That is how every character planks. Jigglypuff can plank VERY effectively since she has multiple jumps and superior mobility for avoiding threats. She can also do understage recoveries if she really wants to.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There might be a few characters to stop her from doing this. But the thing is, how easy would t be for these characters to do so?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Basically uh...Metaknight and G&W I guess can stop her from planking without particularly huge risk.

Otherwise I don't see how anyone else can really approach her safely when she's on the ledge.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs ins't that good. Although she can zone and space well, her range and priority don't match up. Although floaty, her jumps don't usually out way a punishable attack. She gets gimped still fairly easily for a good player, or more importantly the 2 most common characters, Marth (with counter and Dolphin) and MK with everything. She will lose to every character with a disjointed hit box, which doesn't leave her too many options.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
down air is my favorite jiggly move, then bair.
Sing is where it's at :)

But my favorite jigg moves (even though shes one of my least used lol) is fair then pound

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jigg's dair is like wario's, but better. I break sheild with that and pound. Comes out frame five, good damage, sets up for grab mix ups on connect, safer than fair and even bair on sheild. A decent disjoint on the move makes a lot of match ups way better than the would be other wise. (diddy :) )

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
Jiggly puff has incredible air game.
But she can match up to it with any thing out.
Just keep hitting her out of the air.
But a topic I want to get out is
WHAT THE HECK??
WHY IN THE WORLD ARE ICE CLIMBERS A TIER AND NOT S TIER

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ganondorf's standing grab is sooooooo good.

Not only does it manage to be slower than most of the non-tether cast but it also manages to have the shortest reach.

Zelda's grab is horrendously slow but at least she has a similar grab range to Donkey Kong.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ganondorf's standing grab is sooooooo good.

Not only does it manage to be slower than most of the non-tether cast but it also manages to have the shortest reach.

Zelda's grab is horrendously slow but at least she has a similar grab range to Donkey Kong.
>: (

I wish zelda's grab had range.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think ICs are good without chains. that definiely pushes them much higher. they don't or at least should have to, grab you to instill fear in any character... except sheik.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pivot grab. Done.
Thats such a stupid post DP.

Your style of BAM AND THE DIRT IS GONE DONE is bad and you should feel bad.

Grabs happen to be something vital as an out of shield option, being most characters FASTEST one. PIVOT GRAB AND THE RANGE PROBLEM IS GONE doesnt really fix what most love good grab ranges for.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Grabs happen to be something vital as an out of shield option, being most characters FASTEST one. PIVOT GRAB AND THE RANGE PROBLEM IS GONE doesnt really fix what most love good grab ranges for.
Honestly I think it only matters in terms of outspacing the opponent, because when it comes to shieldgrabbing the range is large enough, she outranges most people, it's just in general slow and it's very difficult to get people to hit her shield (except people who outrange it) because she has no way to force approaches except as a result of footsies.

Honestly, Zelda's grab having speed is more important, when everything can be spotdodged on reaction from shield... yea your anti-shield game is gonna be horrible.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Someone had too much sand paper up thier.............

I'm talking about Zelda here. Her grab is already slow. So srcew, give a slow grab more range and make it more useful/better

Simple minded simpulton.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
MK can't get grabbed. By Ganondorf.
I don't even bother with Ganondorf's standing grab anymore. Any character that can space decently will not get standing grabbed by Ganon. Pivot grab's where it's at. Seriously, Ganondorf has a pretty darn effective pivot grab.

>: (

I wish zelda's grab had range.
Oh my God, your signature is my ban-Jigglypuff mantra from the MK ban thread. This is so perfect, the announcer calling her 'Jigglerpuff' makes it even better.

@Dark Peach: What Shaya is saying that grabs are most useful when you're trying to punish someone who got inside your attack range. It doesn't matter how large your grab range is, grabs serve as a GTFO move so that you can concentrate on spacing your opponent. Having a grab that's dodgeable on reaction ruins the concept of a grab as a GTFO move, which seriously hampers her ability to move opponents away after they've breached her defensive moves.

Good thing she has that frame 4 d-smash or she'd really get screwed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom