• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Zelda's grab is like a tether WITHOUT the range. link can punish a lot of stuff with a grab that zelda just can't do anything about period because of his range. I can space on zelda's sheild with any character in the game and not be punished by a grab.

her pivot grab is cool. but it is not a defensive option out of shield, you are better of pivot smashing instead since it has a better disjoint and a longer lasting hit box.

It's not like zelda has good throws either then at least her horrible grab game would have some kind of reason.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
usmash OOS is amazing, but again fail in terms of range.
LK OOS is pretty rewarding against laggier moves.

I don't think zelda's dacus is anything worth mentioning.

Also, he was quick grabs to slow ones like lucas'. He'd perfer quick ones.

EDIT:
More acurately Bair is more rewarding against poorly spaces attacks behind your sheild.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
lol @ Lucas having a quick grab.

Also, what are soem of Zelda's other options out of shield? Aside from grab and d smash. Also I'm curious as to whether she has an effective DACUS...

I think you read the part about what he said about Lucas's grab. He said he rather had a short and quick grab then a grab like Lucas's.

edit: nvm someone already mentioned it :p

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Lucas gets a fairly nice reward for landing a grab, though, especially at higher percents.

His pummel hits as hard as all of the slow ones but it hits as fast as Ness's. His throws aren't particularly weak in terms of damage either (don't quote me on this, but I think the strongest is 10%?). Anyway getting a grab off at 90%, pummeling three times and throwing them places the opponent at a fine killing percentage for Fsmash.

Just sayin'.

Albert.

Smash Master
Lucas gets a fairly nice reward for landing a grab, though, especially at higher percents.

His pummel hits as hard as all of the slow ones but it hits as fast as Ness's. His throws aren't particularly weak in terms of damage either (don't quote me on this, but I think the strongest is 10%?). Anyway getting a grab off at 90%, pummeling three times and throwing them places the opponent at a fine killing percentage for Fsmash.

Just sayin'.
His Down throw is also really strong, IIRC. Can kill lighter characters at like 140? Thats decent in some MUs

Browny

Smash Hater
I want Sonic to be low tier coz thats where i believe he belongs (on a 5 tier basis, top high mid low bottom etc) but at the same time believe he is better than many characters, and a considerable amount better than many to warrant a whole tier above almost all of them... Depends on how many tiers there are overall but I think bottom of mid is fine... no character below him has proven to be better, if hes to move down, someone has to go up but that wouldnt make any sense at all.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
His Down throw is also really strong, IIRC. Can kill lighter characters at like 140? Thats decent in some MUs
I'm pretty sure it's his strongest throw. You can follow up with Zap Jumping too. (That's kind of meh, you don't need to if you know it'll kill. If it doesn't you can just use it to get up there to try to kill though)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lucas' is.

Zelda's grab game is like lucas's but worse... her pummel isn't good, her throws aren't good :(

It's sad, as sheik I can litterally jumm into zelda's sheild with any aerial and just jab after and be guaranteed safety just because all of her OOS options are so slow.

I love zelda to death (now :) ) but her grab game and out of sheild game in general are very lack luster. unless your opponent isn't spacing their junk.

EDIT:
Wolf's is the fastest but it barely does over 1% per hit. It is good because you can refresh all of your moves off on one high percent grab. his down throw is amazing in terms of damage setups and know back at just about every percent you get something great out of Dthrow. I like wolf a lot too, if he wasn't gayed over by everything he'd be way higher. Wolf need more rep!!

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
EDIT:
Wolf's is the fastest but it barely does over 1% per hit. It is good because you can refresh all of your moves off on one high percent grab. his down throw is amazing in terms of damage setups and know back at just about every percent you get something great out of Dthrow. I like wolf a lot too, if he wasn't gayed over by everything he'd be way higher. Wolf need more rep!!
Some minor nitpicks I have to make. First off, pummels only repeatedly refresh your moves (as in, 2 pummels take up 2 decay slots) if they are slow enough to make your enemy not be in pummel hitstun continuously. So if your character can force a ground release via pummels then you have to intentionally pummel slowly refresh your moves.

And for the record I THINK Wolf gets a guaranteed pummel before a throw even at 0% or so. That's very impressive, by the way (considering his Down Throw is already ridiculously good).

Too bad Wolf has so many tiny things that prevent him from being a legitimately solid character. He has some really nice assets, it's just a shame that he also has a few huge issues. For the record I think Wolf has the best overall set of Smashes in Brawl. Just sayin'

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wolf's is the fastest but it barely does over 1% per hit. It is good because you can refresh all of your moves off on one high percent grab.
I thought specifically because it's too fast all his pummels only count as one move in the que. So they don't refresh anything. xD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I guess I naturally do it too slow. I've never had an issue refreshing my bair. and thats pretty much the only move I use.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
wait... ppl... like wolf? O_O and we at the wolf boards thought we were the only ones *cries*
he's a great character overall and don't quote me on it but i think his pummels all manage to refresh... it is very fast though, his dthrow is beastly as well, so many good set ups. i wouldn't say he has the best set of smashes though. Fsmash is great but has a year of ending lag on shields, upsmash is the same way, just not as punishable. dsmash is a good % racker or if you keep it fresh a kill move.
his reflector though. it beats everything!
<3, bair is your best friend.
wolf is the best worst character you can get in this game. he's just gayed out by the game itself. although if you play him gay some MU's get easier, nothing will save him from sheik or D3 though

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
god**** people quit asking when the new list will be out

go do something productive like train so that you know maybe your character can place better next list? and so we dont have to listen to you cry about them being in xx spot

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
kain is indeed a great wolf, you can learn a lot about wolfs more unknown moves by watching him, he's really good at finding the right time to use them. I think wolf could stand to move up a bit, but the CG's and tilt locks that occur in the higher tiers will forever bar him from rising too high T_T
brawl can't let you do that star wolf

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't really care when it comes out.
i'd just like people to stop saying it's going to be out soon, when it's obviously not going to.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
To clarify, yes, wolf has to slow his pummels a bit to count towards the "refresh/decay queue", it's a similar problem with Lucario (who also can do a pummel before a throw, too bad he doesn't have wolf dthrow for low % **** :\ ).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um yes it is wtf...

It is only effective against an overly aggressive opponent, or a player who spot dodges entirely too much. Otherwise, you just make yourself look like a fool, and end up getting punished for it.

lol @ your lol
ooo didn't see this.
it's effective while juggling.
not situational at all.
also, tornado.

basically, when you have a standing grab like lucas you learn to adapt and use what he has, aka pivot grab.

iRJi

Smash Champion
god**** people quit asking when the new list will be out

go do something productive like train so that you know maybe your character can place better next list? and so we dont have to listen to you cry about them being in xx spot
It's funny... It's more entertaining hearing you complain about people complaining then just the lesser. I thought he was quite polite when he posted his question, he at least deserves a polite response, even if the question has been repeatedly asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom