• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm not denying he's awful, just disagreeing with Successor of Raphael's reasons for why he is horrible, it's not because he lacks good things about him, it's just that his bad things are really that bad.
Right, and Zelda's bad things... aren't as bad as his. This may not be following what I said earlier.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
...WHAT FALCON REPRESENTATION?!?

Also Ganondorf is bad... they may have players, but I'm pretty sure they all acknowledge Falcon/Dorf are bad characters, Zelda is not much better off.
Falcon's actually always been well-represented considering his weakness is the game. Part of it IS his perceived weakness people played him to show they could beat people with the worst character in the game. Part of it is his coolness. Part of it is his hold-over audience from melee.

He may not be well-represented, but relative to the number of players he SHOULD have, he's extremely well-represented, and reletive to the number of Zelda players, he is very well-represented.

The latter was really my point, in spite of his known inferiority, he got more players then Zelda.

This illustrates that it's not just Zelda being a bad character that makes her have few players, weaker characters are better off in that department. It's part of the picture, but her simple lack of popularity also plays a major role.

Right, and Zelda's bad things... aren't as bad as his. This may not be following what I said earlier.
Nah, you said that Ganondorf doesn't have good attributes, that's false. Ganondorf is a character with a good number of good attributes, but weaknesses so crippling that they make him a horrible character anyway.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Falcon's actually always been well-represented considering his weakness is the game. Part of it IS his perceived weakness people played him to show they could beat people with the worst character in the game. Part of it is his coolness. Part of it is his hold-over audience from melee.

He may not be well-represented, but relative to the number of players he SHOULD have, he's extremely well-represented, and reletive to the number of Zelda players, he is very well-represented.

The latter was really my point, in spite of his known inferiority, he got more players then Zelda.

This illustrates that it's not just Zelda being a bad character that makes her have few players, weaker characters are better off in that department. It's part of the picture, but her simple lack of popularity also plays a major role.
...Somehow this makes sense... I myself play Falcon in friendlies/lulz matches when Sonic's gone a bit dull... and to be quite honest, his stigma of being (very) bad is quite over-rated... Reall,y he's pretty decent... like Sonic in a way.... probably why I could play him so well in the first place (and that I'm not playing his Melee version... oh God I'm so bad @ Melee it's laughable).

...Although there are many other reasons why some characters aren't played besides being bad. We all know how easy it is to just pick up MK and get good with... say compared to a character on the lower half of this list that requires a little bit/lot of work... and arguably for less reward. There's also the characters who just don't feel right. I am much worse with MK than I am Sonic... and out of the whole cast, I feel much more comfortable with Falcon than I do Zelda... I just can't coup with Zelda's precise attacks and her overall sluggishness/limitations (Sonic's Bair spoils me, Zelda has nothing in the air like this), I just can't.

Although be honest here, Falcon may have a lot of people playing him, undeniably agreed to because of his "cool" factor alone, but how many people do you see busting him out in tourneys? I've seen people use him, but not once out of ALL the tourneys have I been too have I seen him been seriously used.

I've seen one Zelda player... he's pretty common in the Vegassmash scene, does decent for himself... but psh fighting his Zelda? I myself have little trouble with the guy/ the character... I find a good Falcon more threatening TBH...

Err... don't get that confused now! I'm not saying I find a good Falcon more threatening than the Zelda player, but Zelda as a character... is not really that intimidating. :/

Eh but I play Sonic, I'm sure if I used the right character Falcon is just meh *shrug.*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm having such a hard time keeping up with this thread.

I want to stop, but it's like a drug :/.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Is it me or the only reason why Falco is above Diddy Kong is because of Falco having the advantage in the match-up?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well it's true. Zero Suit Samus has the advantage on R.O.B., yet the robot is above her in the tier list.
Single matchups are not what determines the position, simple as that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That was a friendly match... that we didn't even finish...

Does he even use Falcon in-tourneys? If yes how far does he get?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That doesn't scare me. I know Russians, just like one quarter of me [too!].
I'll get the Siberian Squad on you!

(LOL)

My personal obligation to this will be disallowing Samus, Fox, Bowser or any other one of your more horrible than Marth mains from being apart of the EPIC TIER LIST story.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not in the KGB, but there are other... organizations.

@Shaya:
I don't play Bowser anymore, Samus is my legit Low Tier main and I just recently picked up Fox.
Besides I still play Meta Knight, Dedede and Wario, lol.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha. I pretty much played every character from S and A Tier at least at one point, excluding Diddy. =P

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I think people are over that nowadays, I can only think of 13-15 year olds using that excuse. She's not an uber character, but I doubt her underrepresentation lies on what you said. See Peach and Melee (Sheik doesn't count, she's a boy lawl).
As a 15 year old, I find this statement agitating. I don't like how everyone seems to imply that we give stupid excuses and do stupid things just because we're younger. Although I may be misinterpreting what you're saying, and if that's the case I apologise in advance.

And I don't know why you lot are replying to his 'Marth is horrible' comment. He's obviously trolling just to annoy people.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I knew it! Now do Ya soshla s uma! :bee:
Ya soshla s uma, ya soshla s uma
Mne nuzha ona, mne nuzha ona~

This is an absurd statement.
You are an absurd statement.

I'm liking this guy more and more. :laugh:
<3

And I don't know why you lot are replying to his 'Marth is horrible' comment. He's obviously trolling just to annoy people.
No. Marth is horrible.
He'd be less horrible if his players would stop overrating him so much, though. :3

M.K

Level 55
No. Marth is horrible.
He'd be less horrible if his players would stop overrating him so much, though. :3
Okay, you can stop saying this stuff. Obviously he isn't a horrible character and obviously you are over exaggerating your statements to make a point, but it's not working.
Your own Back Room says that Marth is a good character, and whether or not you agree with it, it's not in your jurisdiction to tell people otherwise.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Marth currently can't take 1st at a big tournament with a lot of good players there. Sorry, but fighting constant 55/45 and 60/40 disadvantages for 90% of the tournament = horrible. He loses to MK, Snake, Dedede, ROB, and DK. Combined that's easily like 90% of any given event, lmao.

Imo, that's bad/horrible. The entire current S tier has and still does take 1st at big events frequently.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I disagree. Falco has seen approximately the same amount of success that Marth has in tournaments.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Marth currently can't take 1st at a big tournament with a lot of good players there. Sorry, but fighting constant 55/45 and 60/40 disadvantages for 90% of the tournament = horrible. He loses to MK, Snake, Dedede, ROB, and DK. Combined that's easily like 90% of any given event, lmao.

Imo, that's bad/horrible. The entire current S tier has and still does take 1st at big events frequently.
That applies to a lot of characters though, surely? And 45/55 isn't that bad a matchup tbh. It's only slightly in their favour. And you seem to be ignoring the fact that he has great matchups agaisnt **** near everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom