• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The planking is seriously stupid to keep or even second guess. some think it should not be banned. I asked many times, how many times has planking been beaten. None could answer that for me. The fact that you boys have to second guess this and can't come to a conclusion says enough for me. people are ether bias to no end and can't admit anything or seriously don't know alot or care for that matter. And as a Member of the BBR you are suppose to care. You trying to develop this community and all that as joel says right? Well from what I am getting, you boys are not doing a good job.
Honestly, Dark.Pch, second-guessing yourself is one of the most important marks of a good deliberative body, because the reality is there are a lot of factors that go into banning, it is never something to be taken lightly, even if the matter is painfully obvious. Even IDC needed proof that it kept you permanently invincible before a ban was warranted.

Realize, a major part of the reason why it seems so obvious to you is that you're an offensive player by nature. A naturally defensive player however, would probably wanna give the strategy a much wider berth.

Regardless, it should go through the same process, first prove that it constitutes a threat via frame data and ledge options, then prove it's relevant through tournament data.

As far as it being beaten, the problem with that is, who planks? You're dealing with a sample of people that specializes in the strategy, and is quite good, and the group itself is very very small.

If more players used the strategy and were successful I could agree with you, but the evidence is far too limited.

This is why I encourage people to plank whenever possible. It improves the metagame by establishing what is and what is not bannable.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I would have to agree. Planking is an extremely difficult tactic to overcome simply because most characters just do not have the tools to deal with it.

If Sonic began to plank Falco, what would Falco do? nothing. He would just sit there and pray the Sonic user stopped. (We have a BS Uair its hilarious).

Or if Sonic were to be planked by an MK?

The only reason planking hasnt become a major issue, is because there is no method by which you can truly justify when it is occurring.
IMO you shouldnt need to grab the ledge more than 6 times in a row outside of being smacked away from it by your opponent.

Yeah planking CAN be beaten, but the risks are so high, and the amount of characters that can deal with it so small, that it is truly harmful.

G&W planking=stupid.

Edit: I agree on that Adumbrodeus, but the main reason people won't do it, is because we just dont want to be called the @$$hat.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That may be true, but how MUCH evidence like that is out there? If you have isolated events where someone really good loses hard to planking, even if it appears blatant that a strategy is too good, that usually won't be enough evidence as a whole to support a ban on it.

Like I said, I think planking is too strong, however I also accept that evidence wise there is not a whole lot of strong evidence to support what I am saying. If there were more matches with it recorded or played out, we would be able to better understand whether it truly is too good or not. Right now, people regardless of how they perceive planking, are only being shown a "sliver" of planking overall.
How much evidence do you need? Don't people on the WC play like this alot. And EC players do it as well. You are one of the people who like to play alot. You yourself know this first hand what it is like. It has been done many times ever since Plank first did it. And till this day when it has beem done, it has not been beaten. I am not sure how much you want for proof when there is about 2 years of it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Dark.Pch:
I like how you call people "boys" who, for the most part, are older than you.

Anyway...
Your point is basically "the BBR needs more character representation". Keep in mind that the best MAIN of character X is not necessarily the best PLAYER of character X. For instance, I'm pretty certain that Ally is the best Captain Falcon, although he's not maining Captain Falcon.

Furthermore, there are several people "representing" most characters already. Peach is a pretty good example, because she has BBR representation of people who main her (Praxis, for instance), people who play her to the extent of knowing more than just "general knowledge" (I guess Sky' falls under this category), and people facing Peach players (several).
Now, don't get me wrong. There are characters who don't have a huge crowd representing them in the BBR. But only being able representing one or two characters is not going to get you in the BBR, among other reasons.

People like you fail to understand that the BBR is not an "elite character board section", it's a group of players and tournament hosts who are gathering together and trying to aid the community to their best knowledge and skills. If you think the tier list is crap, well, you don't have to believe or accept it. You can make your own tier list with blackjack and hookers. I don't care.

Just because I (or any BBRoomer, just taking me as example) don't know (making something randomly up now) that little AT Link can do on Battlefield to Wolf, it doesn't mean I don't know anything about Link. Besides this, yes, most likely there are people who know more about Link than I do, but do they also know as much about, say, Captain Falcon as I do? I hope you understand that train of thought.

Besides this, let's assume you are in the BBR. You know a lot about Peach, pretty much only care about Peach and everything else is not important to you - that's at least what I've gathered from you. Now, the BBR does other things besides talking about Peach or her character placement. It talks about other characters, too. Would you, as Peach-expert, be able to contribute to a discussion involving Samus? It also talks about ruleset questions. Would you, purely as Peach-expert, be able to add in to these debates? Or if we talk about community projects, such as, say, a tournament circuit. Would you, purely as Peach-expert, be able to add in to this discussion?

I hope you understand that, while BBR members might not be experts on every character, they have a universal understanding of the game and its environment. Getting in a Luigi main who only knows a lot about Luigi and maybe plays some Falco won't be able to contribute properly outside of these characters.

And finally - considering how little we know about characters according to you - don't you think that the tier list posted in the OP of this thread is strangely accurate in representing the metagame of about half a year ago?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only reason planking hasnt become a major issue, is because there is no method by which you can truly justify when it is occurring.
IMO you shouldnt need to grab the ledge more than 6 times in a row outside of being smacked away from it by your opponent.
The problem I have with that is that I do not think you NEED justification for doing something. I would not need to justify myself planking. What's important is that you prove that what I am doing is damaging enough to the metagame that I need to stop/that it needs to be banned/that it should not occur.

If I grab the ledge more than 6 times in a row outside of being smacked away from it by my opponent, why do I need justification for this?

If there is a strategy out there that is not banned, and I decide to use it, I don't think I'm obligated to give reason for why I choose to do such a thing. I mean if I wanted to be a smart a**, I could say "I'm doing it because I want to win/because I want money" lol.

I don't think you mean to directly imply that you have a problem with planking because you don't see justification for it, but other people might interpret what you said differently or use what you said against you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can make your own tier list with blackjack and hookers. I don't care.
lol futurama, good times...
Besides this, let's assume you are in the BBR. You know a lot about Peach, pretty much only care about Peach and everything else is not important to you - that's at least what I've gathered from you. Now, the BBR does other things besides talking about Peach or her character placement. It talks about other characters, too. Would you, as Peach-expert, be able to contribute to a discussion involving Samus? It also talks about ruleset questions. Would you, purely as Peach-expert, be able to add in to these debates? Or if we talk about community projects, such as, say, a tournament circuit. Would you, purely as Peach-expert, be able to add in to this discussion?

I hope you understand that, while BBR members might not be experts on every character, they have a universal understanding of the game and its environment. Getting in a Luigi main who only knows a lot about Luigi and maybe plays some Falco won't be able to contribute properly outside of these characters.

And finally - considering how little we know about characters according to you - don't you think that the tier list posted in the OP of this thread is strangely accurate in representing the metagame of about half a year ago?

well said, ive been thinking this for a while now. and you phrased it better than I could have.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah planking CAN be beaten, but the risks are so high, and the amount of characters that can deal with it so small, that it is truly harmful.
And this is hurting character development. People wont seriously know what characters are abot cause of nonsense like this. If people gonna get things done, do it right

@Dark.Pch:
I like how you call people "boys" who, for the most part, are older than you.
Stop being butthurt and taking what I say seriously. I say that to everyone, wether they older than me or not. I don't mean anything by it. geez man.

Anyway...
Your point is basically "the BBR needs more character representation". Keep in mind that the best MAIN of character X is not necessarily the best PLAYER of character X. For instance, I'm pretty certain that Ally is the best Captain Falcon, although he's not maining Captain Falcon.
Best character main can have more info on that character then a person who is just extremely good at this game. So lets not get that tiwsted. And I love to see Ally be able to explain CF and use him in tournaments. And no, low tiers tournies dont count. If you are a beast with your character but can't explain them or get things right about them, that is not helping.

Furthermore, there are several people "representing" most characters already. Peach is a pretty good example, because she has BBR representation of people who main her (Praxis, for instance), people who play her to the extent of knowing more than just "general knowledge" (I guess Sky' falls under this category), and people facing Peach players (several).
I put my life on the line right now that I know more about Peach than Praxis. And I'll prove that anytime. You can call me w/e you want from this, but no one knows more about this character in there than I do. I alone destroyed this thread with Peach and even on the Peach boards with this character. I am not trying to start with Praxis ( but I am sure as hell bet people and Praxis himself will think so) But He is not good for rep as Peach. I had a shot of making it to the BRR but because of my attitude and how people see me or assume things about me, it was not gonna happen. I would have been good rep for Peach.

Now, don't get me wrong. There are characters who don't have a huge crowd representing them in the BBR. But only being able representing one or two characters is not going to get you in the BBR, among other reasons.
Yet you gonna waste time bring in a bunch of high tier players and not bringing in people that know alot about characters that are mid/low. People like SahdowLink would be a great edition for the BBR when it comes to sonic. This dude seriously raps with his info. He will even get about the bad stuff on sonic as well to keep it real. And I seen a few others in ths thread as well with other characters, just can't remember thier names.Cause also, People like Praxis got in there only for WA. This is what he told me. Kos-Mos, he got in there through hype and bias stuff. I was told about this. There is others in there with other characters that were only in for stuff like this.

People like you fail to understand that BBR is not an "elite character board section", it's a group of players and tournament hosts who are gathering together and trying to aid the community to their best knowledge and skills. If you think the tier list is crap, well, you don't have to believe or accept it. You can make your own tier list with blackjack and hookers. I don't care.
Don't get butt hurt with me cause I decided to call you out on my opinion of poor work. I told you that you boys lack character brains on things below high tier. And this has been proving many times. remember you boys are suppose to know alot. Thats why you are so called "the elite people of smash". People out of the BBR should not be having to correct you boys in there all the time. it should be the other way around. Yopu boys got it backwards. You boys help build a tier list right, so quit trying to punk your way out of it by saying stuff like this. knowing about characters is a big part of what you boys work on for this game. Really when you make a freaking tier list.

Just because I (or any BBRoomer, just taking me as example) don't know (making something randomly up now) that little AT Link can do on Battlefield to Wolf, it doesn't mean I don't know anything about Link. Besides this, yes, most likely there are people who know more about Link than I do, but do they also know as much about, say, Captain Falcon as I do? I hope you understand that train of thought.
For this example, you just know the basic of Link, and gonna base stuff of of that. You or anyone else don't seriously know link more than a player out of the BBR actually using Link in tournies and doing stuff with him. He knows about abot his character and goes through the pressure with link in tournies. he seriously knows what this character can and cant do. And he can share some insite on link that the BBR just does not know about. Information that can help with character develop ment and even other matchs so people don't be like "WTF, I lost to link, but how I'm pretty sure he got lucky. I know about link so this can't be happening" Another example? CF is over link on the tier list, nuff said.

I would be able to add on to the topic along with the next dude that does not main samus or know that character in and out like Xyroo. But if I had too, I can share some insite with this character and a few others. While I am not even talk about it or come off like it, I know alot about this game, and what it takes to win. I might have done it a few times in this thread I just choose to go on about Peach cause that is most important to me right now. But I do know more about this came than I come off. Wether it might be with characters or other stuff dealing with advance smash and the metagame.

But my brains for that have not been asked so I don't waste my time with it unless I have too. I go all Peach in brawl. So you kinda have to know more abou this game than just one character. And getting the results I get in tournies is just not that simple solo Peach. So yea, you would have to know stuff.

I get that much but at the same time you boys still lack character brains. That plays a big part in this game when talking about stuff, rule, meta game and all that stuff. But I am pretty sure if that Luigi player was beasting with Luigi in tourny he could know alot about this game.

But then you have people like M2K, who said himself a few times he does not know much about alot of characters. He just knows his options with meta knight and a smart player. Thus he ***** the way he does. And He is in the BBR.

Wasn't the tier list based on the ranking thread of ankoku and VOTES?

Ranking thread- To me that really is not trully legit. Cause one player who players an A tier could player in a tournament that was not as hard as a character in C tier. Characters could seriously get away with alot of this in this case. or screwed over when showing character skill

Voting- As I said, there is not much brains when it comes to characters below high tier. Not enough is known to you boys in there. Nor none can explain well enough to a point people here have to correct you. You gus voted to which would be placed where. To me, there should not need to be a vote. But as I said brains on other characters below high tier was not good enough so.........

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm not going to respond to anything else but the last part - no, the tier list was purely based on votings. While the character rankings most likely had an influence on people's choices, they weren't any central part. Your response however did not answer my question at all.

The rest is just you jerking off yourself about how awesome you are.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
^
lololol

Also, Peach is bad.

Yeah, this was trolling and I admit it. Poor trolling. Very bad trolling.

BTW I play Meno a lot, so I know about Peach. Get at me.

Still trolling.

I really shouldn't post when I'm this tired. I'd go to bed, but that's too boring. Yeah, I should just learn to go to bed rather than waste time on the internet. Especially if I post. I'm sure this post seems idiotic.

I space oddly.

I'll work on that.

Um, back on topic...Diddy is quite good.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I'm not going to respond to anything else but the last part - no, the tier list was purely based on votings. While the character rankings most likely had an influence on people's choices, they weren't any central part. Your response however did not answer my question at all.

Love it dude, great post =).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I'm pretty sure I answered your question. I would be able to provide the info on other areas outside of my character. I know more about this game than you or anyone else thinks I do.

And cause I could to explain myself for that, I am In your words:

"The rest is just you jerking off yourself about how awesome you are."

I'm being real with you dude. And you seem to be getting but hurt cause of it. You asked a question and my opioins. I gave them to you, now I am the bad one?

Don't get mad at me cause I called you boys on out poor work I think you did. You boys had to vote for what you boys thought where characters go on a tier list. Face it man, you boys just did not have enough info and did not know alot about characters below high tier.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, Dark.Pch.

My question was if you really think that our tier list is complete BS like you say it is because of our OBVIOUS lack of knowledge - or is accurate in displaying the metagame of 6 months ago (a few smaller inaccuracies aside). Although, seeing your last post, I think I already know the answer you most likely will give me.

To be honest, though, I actually don't really care what you think about the BBR because you are obviously too narrow-minded to understand what it is about, although I tried to explain it to you.

And yes, the rest of your post was just you saying "I'm so awesome, I should be the only person allowed to talk about Brawl, noone else knows as much as I do, I'm a God, worship me and kiss the ground I walked on".
And I'm not mad - I'm not you who gets all b****y when someone attacks my "pride" (what a stupid concept, lol) - I just pointed out the whole content of your post.

humble

Smash Ace
Eh, anytime I see orange text I quickly mash space bar to get past it, it only ever results in drama and more talk about Peach. Like I focking care, woo go peach, now stop feeding the troll well thought out, if agressive dark peach, we know peach kicks *** and takes names, yay for her; I think the single most discussed character in this thread has been peach, and about 1/3 of all posts here are made in painful orange text. Seriously, we know Peach is good, we know how great dark peach is for repping her, we know that orange text=peach plus drama, so I for one think its time to get dark peach to, you know, stop reminding how awesome he peach is, and maybe spend at least 2 pages without several references to peach?

Edit: .joel, step back and read your post; the overall tone, content, and message are all pretty defensive and insulting. You are getting really upset by what dark peach is saying, calm down for a sec; right now, you both sound pissy, like a pair of smaller school children who hurl insults back and forth. I don't care about your little dramas, I came here to read about brawl, its metagame, and the tierlist; if I wanted to see this, I would visit facebook and read some tween angry blog.

Planking is awesome by the way, I am fully for it; I supported the IDC too though, because if brawl wants to be that gay, we want to push it to the extemes; on that note, I think Pit needs a drastic rise once people start using him right. Pit should spawn, fly to the nearest ledge, and proceed to ledge/circle camp for the remaining 7 minutes and 58 seconds. In actually Pit has one of the best planking/ledge games out there, he can go under the stage just like meta (except with faster aerial movement, a faster glide, and a ridiculous up-B to match all of meta's ridiculous B recoveries. Pit also has the bonus of a projectile, and one that is focking amazing off the ledge; he has full control over it still, it is pretty funny to see pit gliding underneath the stage while simultaneously arrow looping his arrows. He has his shield to discourage any attempts to bother him on the ledge, he abuses ledge invincibility by pressing back and then up-B to release to immediate wing snap to the ledge, Pit really focking kicks *** on the ledge (and he takes their names while doing so.)

And whoever said ganon was good on the ledge has a weird sense of humor I suppose.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No, Dark.Pch.

My question was if you really think that our tier list is complete BS like you say it is because of our OBVIOUS lack of knowledge - or is accurate in displaying the metagame of 6 months ago (a few smaller inaccuracies aside). Although, seeing your last post, I think I already know the answer you most likely will give me.

To be honest, though, I actually don't really care what you think about the BBR because you are obviously too narrow-minded to understand what it is about, although I tried to explain it to you.

And yes, the rest of your post was just you saying "I'm so awesome, I should be the only person allowed to talk about Brawl, noone else knows as much as I do, I'm a God, worship me and kiss the ground I walked on".
And I'm not mad - I'm not you who gets all b****y when someone attacks my "pride" (what a stupid concept, lol) - I just pointed out the whole content of your post.
First paragraph- Yes I do think your tier list is complete BS cause the lack of knowledge. I dont think that tier list reflects metas games for characers. it is off. And for this I am narrow minded. Do I have permission to insult you now?

Second paragraph- You explained to me what the job of the BBR is. And I am telling you my opinion on it. And it got me to think what you boys really care about when you said me and Shadow should explain stuff BBR does not wanna do. And from reading this, lead to you boys don't really know alot about characters outside of high tier. me and shadow or anyone else should not have to explain these things, thats your job. Take responsibility for what you have at hand. So don't give me that dude. You work to improve this community. You guys form the BBR for a reason.

Third Paragraph- You the one taking my post out of content cause you seriously tight. if you was not you not be posting in this manner. I am confident about what I know and about myself when it comes to knowing about my character. And that is me showing of to my so called greatness and ego....hahahaha!

I am calm here, you the one on period mode right now. If you seriously did not care you not be posting like this. But from you posting like this, can only mean that I am right if you serious did not give a damm.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes Dark.Pch, we know you're always right, everyone else is always wrong, and only your interpretation of statements are correct, you are the one who should lead the Brawl community, you are the one who should tell us what we have to do - and not what we decide we have to do (after all, we don't get paid for anything and all, which means we have to do a fulltime job for SWF).

Have a Thumbs Up:

Now, can we get back on topic?
How about that Diddy Kong, I think he's pretty good.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Have people/characters learned bananas yet?

I hear even M2K has no idea what he's doing.

Nic64

Smash Lord
MK isn't invincible on his (aerial) up B, most planking doesn't involve being literally invincible the whole time, just remaining almost completely impossible to hit.

Peach is an awful character.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
MK isn't invincible on his (aerial) up B, most planking doesn't involve being literally invincible the whole time, just remaining almost completely impossible to hit.
Tell me how I didn't know that, I assumed it had invincibility aerially too...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Don't you need invincibility on your upB to plank?
pit can edge camp pretty well, marth is decent. MK doesn't have invulnenability on his upB at all in the air and he is probablly the best planker.

if you can throw a hit box out that covers the stage but keeps you out of harms way and get back to the edge quickly you can edge camp. moveset requirements are pretty blury, but thats how I've always thought of it.

on a semi random note... I think diddy is crazy over rated recently. yes he is good banana's combo into crazy damage and kill set ups. BUT without banana's diddy is average; hard to land kills, poor approach game, mediocre defensive game. And you as the opponent have just as much banana control as diddy.

more... umm... current note? peach is not horrible by any standards.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well diddy isnt horrible without his bananas, even without hes pretty good, second note, It is very rare that a diddy kong wont have a banana or a long time

Nic64

Smash Lord
on a semi random note... I think diddy is crazy over rated recently. yes he is good banana's combo into crazy damage and kill set ups. BUT without banana's diddy is average; hard to land kills, poor approach game, mediocre defensive game. And you as the opponent have just as much banana control as diddy.
Diddy is going to keep bananas out as often as possible...and for most characters, no you don't have just as much control as him, his moveset is built around item use in ways that other characters aren't, although some are nearly as good as him for it.

I actually think nanerless Diddy is underrated a bit, he's not as one dimensional as people make him out to be...he's not sopopo. He might not beat you without bananas, but he can fend you off long enough to get them back out with his mobility and quick attacks.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
he is far from horrible, but I'm sure we can agree he's average. Definitely not an S teir character any more.

As diddy's opponent you shouldn't just be fighting diddy you should be fighting for banana control as well. without bananas every top teir wrecks diddy, knowing that you should make a big part of the match making his banana's unavalible to him.

Yes that can be a difficult task, but it's very far from impossible. espeacially for charatcres like MK, falco and wario who have decent movement speed as well as good zoneing and/or presure tools.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes Dark.Pch, we know you're always right, everyone else is always wrong, and only your interpretation of statements are correct, you are the one who should lead the Brawl community, you are the one who should tell us what we have to do - and not what we decide we have to do (after all, we don't get paid for anything and all, which means we have to do a fulltime job for SWF).

Have a Thumbs Up:

Now, can we get back on topic?
How about that Diddy Kong, I think he's pretty good.

Coward. I never said I was always right. But if you wanna think that.........

I call the BBR out for mistakes I say they did, and you wanna get ticked and make post like this.

Not enough info on characters below High tier in the BBR. Can't even defend that one or back it up. Thus you make silly post like that and try to convert it too "Dark.Pch you are never wrong, look at how you go on about yourself, etc" to cover it all it. Have me look bad and play off what you lack in or did wrong.

You made a stupid post saying Me and shadow can do things the BBR does not want to do. New flash genius, you are suppose to do that. or else don't have tier list threads out where people can post in them and ask questions or even test the actions of the BBR. You are just being lazy and trying to cover up for failure you did by trying to get on me with these cheesy insults. Last time, It is not our jobs to do this. it is yours, and yet you make a stupid response like that? Why are you in there, to be one of the cool kids? Feel like somebody in the smash community. Be E-popular? I can't understand from how you been posting, just why the hell you are in there. Better yet......who are you again?

You boys had to vote for character placement. A vote should not need to be done. This is not some character election. You boys should be able to know enough about characters to fully discuss them and placement well. Once I saw Falcon over link, I knew something was up. What were you boys doing this whole time between past and currently tier list? Going on about these over used characters that place in tournaments all the time. Playing gay and campy? All that time could be wasted on the other characters in this game you boys dont now alot about so there be no need to vote.

So how the heck are you boys suppose to work on improving the meta game and etc when you doing crap like this? Ducking what I say and trying to insult me with cheesy insults. Face it you had to vote, you guys did not know alot, thus this tier list is BS. Thats not how you get things done. If you gonna work on inmproving characters, you need to know more than just trying to play gay, plank and all this dumb crap. You also need to know, hmm.................oh yea. What the other characters below high tier are trully about. They are part if this game too if you failed to realize that some how.

So what now, you gonna insult me some more? get pissy at me for calling you out on something you lack on. Run away from a debate and change subject so you can seem cool? Well let me go first and end it with this. You sir, as well as a few other members in the BBR are a waste of freaking space and time for development for this game. All that spaced that is wasted on people like you can be put to other members in this community who beast in tournies with mid/ lows tiers and know alot about this game in general. As well as explaining stuff. I can give you about ten names right now that me more of a use in the BBR then you and a few others in there. The way you been posting to me when I just been calm with you proves that I am right in this matter and you just can't take it or admit it. no ones is perfect, people screw up. But at least be a man about it and stop acting like a child posting like you have been.

Good job repping the BBR dude. Use that Thumps up photo on yourself. Using it on me to show off on the net and try to be funny really does not do anything for you. The way people try to be funny on the net. weak. I had my ups and downs with DMG (and I think 2 other members) But I rally talk with him than you. He can atleast admit things (like he loves to plank and play gay, yet still think it should be banned) he isnt some bias coward. I respect the dude for that.

I heard just about enough out of you. This is over. I got everything I wanted and needed to year from you. You been a big help, thanks. now go on to your lil projecta and all that. I'm done here. You have yourself a Peachy day;)

-

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well for me i find it better to play keep away with the bananas rather than destroying them, because itll be harder for him to get to him, then to just create more. also you are saying that if the opponent is good enough he will be able to have banana control and have a great advantage to that, i wont argue that, but you are assuming that the diddy kong wont fight for banana control as well

Nic64

Smash Lord
I like guarding banana's more than throwing them away, most Diddy's try way too hard to get them back and it makes them really easy. That's more of a common player flaw than anything though...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's a reason why the BBR has exceptional players, such as M2K,
they win,
and to win they have to be able to handle everything,
and if they come across a character, the best of that character, then they get an idea of what that character can do.
1: Partial growing in understanding of a character's styles and options at a high level. Lack of individual match up knowledge, but from what is seen, with an already strong idea of the game, can be enough basis for at least an "Advantage"/"Disadvantage"/"Even" situation.

There's a reason why the BBR has notorious "regional" players/TOs like Inui or Xyro, or even myself.
2: Someone who has a community mindset, they know their scene and have reason to see a broad range of players and their characters. This is quite important. This is what many BBroomers use as a basis of their opinions; they know a lot of people who know their mains well, they talk to them and gain their opinions if they are unaware, and also get to see MANY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS face up against OTHER CHARACTERS as to form an understanding of their ability in general.

The tier list really is about a character's ability in general, remember

There are other types of people in the BBR. The 'great thinkers', who partake mostly in everything BUT the tier list (Ruleset), are very important to the BBR as well. As someone in the BBR, I think the efforts we put into managing (the best word I could think of, don't shoot me for it) the metagame, rather than the tier list, is more important.

The tier list is important, but to me personally it comes as an after thought when there are more essential things in maintaining brawl's competitiveness and popularity.

So DP, why aren't people who are in your region, as in those who are classification TWO, agreeing (or considering) with your opinions and backing those up in the BBR. Maybe that's happening already? Those who know you and can perceive your thoughts on your character by seeing you play are arguing for you, not against you. But if they still believe Peach is C tier, that isn't directly THEIR fault, it is more arguably YOURS.

Hence why regional seperation is very important in the BBR.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Hey guys I heard Peach is really terrible is she going to be low tier next time?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ganon does not get start-up on his side b, his has just get purple for an instant and he instantly grabs the ledge. And his mid-air jump auto-grabs the ledge very quickly. He gets the landing lag glitch (of 20 frames) when he side b though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom