• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
She has to deal with MK, who can sit on the ground and shield.

Advancing meaning eating a SL OoS.

Some Peaches say there are ways around this like Niko.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pikachu is top tier.
Ike is mid tier.
Zelda is low/bottom tier

EDIT
I like DJBs list although Ike is wayyyy too low and Zelda is nonexistant, which when I think about it, probably makes his list more accurate

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
She has to deal with MK, who can sit on the ground and shield.

Advancing meaning eating a SL OoS.

Some Peaches say there are ways around this like Niko.
Ask NJ how I deal with Meta as Peach. This is nothing to her at all. This won't stop her from winning.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sucks for Samus.

Dunno PS everything Samus can do sound easy on paper but it doesn't look as easy when I watch Xyro77 and Tudor play her and mix it up more.
It's honestly just tech skill, if people can do waveshining and SHDL reliably in melee, then they can powershield reliably in Brawl, the PS window is ridiculous. The best the projectiles do if you react properly, is allow him to get close enough to zair.

Auto canceled Zairs are nice.
Yes, zair is a good move, if it were a little better it could've saved samus as a character.

I agree. Definitely the best of C-Tier, but I think she might need to be higher than Pit. So possibly bottom of B?
Probably, Peach has the tools for B tier.

Hmmm, I dunno. I can certainly see Sheik and PT passing him up...But 1-2 spots is the lowest I believe he will fall.
PT maybe, he's getting a ton of hype right now, but I don't know if he's actually good enough to deserve it.

Sheik's getting better and better.

Btw, what do you guys think of A-Tier? I mean like, from Marth to Kirby. I never hear any discussion about A-Tier outside of "GaW should fall, ZSS into ATier, ICs for STier". What about Olimar, Pika, ROB, and Kirby? How do people feel about them?
Marth's fine where he is, and Rob's metagame has staled, other characters are moving above him.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would like to learn this.

While I don't use my Peach as often as my Lucario and Link, she has won matches and I enjoy playing her.
Ok, give me a situation where meta would do as you say and you think Peach is screwed. And I will fight my way out to give you a better understanding.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Fixed for correctiveness. (You left out Zelda. LOLOLOL)
*Then fixes the tier list DJBrowny makes*
Actually, doesn't Zeik get nastied up by Olimar regardless of form? Imo that could warrant her near there, but prolly below lucario and maaaybe kirby (highly doubt it though).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok, give me a situation where meta would do as you say and you think Peach is screwed. And I will fight my way out to give you a better understanding.
Ok, I'm Peach holding a turnip. He is standing the ground playing defensively.

I could auto cancel a Fair, but he can Shuttle loop me OoS.

Turnip camping might help, but most people don't think it will put enough pressure on him.

I could try to float over and Dair him, but he'll Fair me or Shuttle Loop OoS.

It's mostly Shuttle Loop.

It's honestly just tech skill, if people can do waveshining and SHDL reliably in melee, then they can powershield reliably in Brawl, the PS window is ridiculous. The best the projectiles do if you react properly, is allow him to get close enough to zair.
kk.

I guess it's weird since I don't see it happening at higher levels of play as I would exspect it would considering how much easier it is to PS.

That or I'm not watching enough Samus's play.

Yes, zair is a good move, if it were a little better it could've saved samus as a character.
I wish Link had a Zair like that.

Probably, Peach has the tools for B tier.
I agree.

Marth's fine where he is, and Rob's metagame has staled, other characters are moving above him.
Would it be a crime if I put him at the bottom of S like I did in my tier list?

PFANT

Smash Cadet
why is Kirby in A tier? and why is Bowser not in F tier? no hate just wondering about those two characters

solecalibur

Smash Master
why is Kirby in A tier? and why is Bowser not in F tier? no hate just wondering about those two characters
id recomend going to kirby and bowser boards and looking up there video threads compared to gannon and captain falcons

Lifeisweird

Smash Rookie
Would it be a crime if I put him at the bottom of S like I did in my tier list?
TBH, Marth has too many bad match ups with the top tier to be bottom of S. The only match up he really has an advantage in is Falco(Ice climbers and Diddy kong also theoretically advantages for Marth, but Marth's seem to lose a lot to IC's, I'm not sure about Diddy Kong, though.)

Tien2500

Smash Lord
The only bad mtchup is MK.
Snake and DDD are winnabe for Marth.
Yeah but getting soft countered by the most common character in the game and having a disadvantaged matchup against the second most common character kind of keeps you out of top tier by itself. I'd say top of A is more appropriate for Marth.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
MY tier list:

Top: :kirby2:
High: :zerosuitsamus:
Mid: :gw::ike:
Low: :bowser2:
Bottom: :jigglypuff:

Everyone else is BANNED to maximize diversity.

PS: I'll get around to making my actual tier list later, just to see everyone's crazy reactions on it... Meh, got college now so I don't have time to put my thoughts in order.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Actually, doesn't Zeik get nastied up by Olimar regardless of form? Imo that could warrant her near there, but prolly below lucario and maaaybe kirby (highly doubt it though).
Outside of the low % combos, Sheik can handle Olimar.

Also how many Olimar's do you see?

"Doesn't Zamus get nastied up by Falco?"

MAYBE below Lucario.

Below Kirby makes me LOL... I think I'm one of the few who thinks Kirby needs to drop quite a bit. <_<

gm jack

Smash Lord
Why is everyone ranking Sheik or S/Z so low? Sheik alone has some of the best top tier match ups outside of top tier itself. She isn't countered by a single one of them. Use down B and she has no counters at all (Zelda supposedly deals with Ice Climbers pretty well, and the Pikachu match up can be dealt with by chain camping to force enough projectile damage to escape the chain grab which makes it a bad match for Sheik).

On top of this, Sheik's metagame is still improving (saviourslegacy has been working on some chain jacket stuff which looks like it has a lot of potential once people get the timing for the jacket down) and she has a play style which is heavily influenced by the skill of the player. Quick movement and moves means she is **** flexible. IC ruin her game simply because it is far too likely one of them will get out of a combo and grab you, and pikachu has a ridiculous chain grab on her. Chain camping can get rid of the pikachu chaingrab, leaving only one very hard match up.

Doesn't really seem like something that should be drifting at the bottom end of mid tier.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi is A LOT like Fox. He has some very good traits, making him a very dangerous opponent, but he gets wrecked way too easily by the upper characters.

I say Fox and maybe PT belong over him (assuming PT should be higher than where he is now). I dunno much about Wolf, but from what I've heard, he sounds like he should be surpassing Luigi as well.

However, I do not think Luigi will ever fall lower than C Tier. I don't think characters like Sonic and Bowser have much chance of passing him up.

Agreed. Cept for the Part about Fox passing Luigi, Fox REALY gets wrecked badly in some matchups duerto that crap falling speed, tons of characters can rack his damage him to 40-50% in seconds with an up tilt.. PT I don't know much to claim, even if I think he shouldn't pass him, Wolf can probably pass Luigi.

Lol, this, all the way.

Jigglypuff and Link > Samus, seriously.
Also agreed, Samus really blows XD. Possibly third-4th worst?

solecalibur

Smash Master

Below Kirby makes me LOL... I think I'm one of the few who thinks Kirby needs to drop quite a bit. <_<
Youtube search Y.B.M. he is in his rightful place

Also agreed, Samus really blows XD. Possibly third-4th worst?
Youtube search Sago samus but dont look at reverse tournament matches

Also this "forgotten or we are to low teir" realize characters above your character on the tier list has better match ups or better metagames watch professional videos of that character not some random person just picking up a random character

*plague*

Smash Rookie
Samus will never be below Link or Jigglypuff due to the fact that he lives forever.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*jumps onto picture tierlist bandwagon*

SS: :metaknight: :snake:
S: :diddy: :warioc: :falco: :dedede: :popo:
A: :marth: :gw: :pikachu2: :olimar: :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus:
B: :rob: :lucario: :toonlink: :dk2: :pit: :peach:
C: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf: :shiek: :sonic:
D: :bowser2: :ike: :zelda: :ness2:
E: :pt: :mario2: :yoshi2: :lucas:
F: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :falcon: :ganondorf:

Notes:
-Yes, MK and Snake are that good. I almost gave MK his own tier.
-I feel the first three of D tier are really interchangeable.
-Yes, Lucas is that much worse then Ness.
-PT is where he should be, unless that Squirtle thing proves to be usable, in which case he and Ness switch.
-Subject to random change. >_>

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
*jumps onto picture tierlist bandwagon*

SS: :metaknight: :snake:
S: :diddy: :warioc: :falco: :dedede: :popo:
A: :marth: :gw: :pikachu2: :olimar: :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus:
B: :rob: :lucario: :toonlink: :dk2: :pit: :peach:
C: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf: :shiek: :sonic:
D: :bowser2: :ike: :zelda: :ness2:
E: :pt: :mario2: :yoshi2: :lucas:
F: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :falcon: :ganondorf:

Notes:
-Yes, MK and Snake are that good. I almost gave MK his own tier.
-I feel the first three of D tier are really interchangeable.
-Yes, Lucas is that much worse then Ness.
-PT is where he should be, unless that Squirtle thing proves to be usable, in which case he and Ness switch.
-Subject to random change. >_>

Not bad, but I have a few problems with it. I think that DDD is a tad high, ZSS > Kirby, PT should be higher, and ness is most certainyl not 4 positions above Lucas. Ness being above him is up to question; 4 places seems a bit excessive.

Oh, and I think that Yoshi has some untapped potential. Enough for bottom of D Tier IMO.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike is the 5th worst in the game.
lol no.

Back to your bridge now. :bee:

EDIT: Untapped potential isn't considered when making a tier list...because it's untapped. >_> I could say Ike has untapped potential in Fsmash/Usmashing anyone who is landing on stage due to the 1-3 frames where they can't do anything, but that doesn't move him up on the list.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ike, Lucas, Link, Falcon and Ganon are imo 5 worst characters in any order.
Also, I stand by my claims that Wolf > Fox, PT = B-Tier and Pikachu/Zamus > Marth but I know people would rather call me a troll than agreeing with me.

Also Kirby is not even close to A-Tier. Get ***** by Snake, MK, ICs + others (Oli, ...) sounds more like low B tier to me =/

People need to quit being dumb about PT. If you can win money with that character (or come close to it) at an event like SNES is clearly proof that PT is a good, tourney viable character. It's not like Reflex was surrounded by idiots, who suck at this game and have no clue how to handle a "bad character".

Edit: agreed with Dan...

Edit 2: Not liking Mts tier list...Kirby, Olmiar, Ike, Zelda but most of all G&W get too much credit on that list. S-Tier and SS-Tier look good although ICs > D3

:059:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That's stupid. Everyone else is doing it wrong if only one person does well with a character.
*facepalms*

Do I have to go over this yet again, but somehow squeeze it under 10 minutes before my next class?

Only one person = too many variables to prove it's character potential and not person potential.

Looking at it from ANY scientific point of view: One person being able to do so =/= proof. Multiple people replicating the result = proof. Same as with any experiment in existence: if you can't replicate it in a lab, it's not science, or fact. It's an oddity.

Looking at it from a math point of view: You have one of the variables in the equation, but you need to solve for Y and Z still.

I actually need to head to class early. *shrugs*. That's as good as it's getting.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
*facepalms*

Do I have to go over this yet again, but somehow squeeze it under 10 minutes before my next class?

Only one person = too many variables to prove it's character potential and not person potential.

Looking at it from ANY scientific point of view: One person being able to do so =/= proof. Multiple people replicating the result = proof. Same as with any experiment in existence: if you can't replicate it in a lab, it's not science, or fact. It's an oddity.

Looking at it from a math point of view: You have one of the variables in the equation, but you need to solve for Y and Z still.

I actually need to head to class early. *shrugs*. That's as good as it's getting.
Any tier list isn't unquestionable proof of a character's potential, though.

It's supposed to be a reflection of a character's viability in tournaments at the highest level of play.

If everyone else doesn't know anything about Pokèmon Trainer, then that would help him be viable in the current metagame. If just one person is taking advantage of it, it shows that the character is usable, even if that player is really good as a player in general.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, I'm Peach holding a turnip. He is standing the ground playing defensively.

I could auto cancel a Fair, but he can Shuttle loop me OoS.

Turnip camping might help, but most people don't think it will put enough pressure on him.

I could try to float over and Dair him, but he'll Fair me or Shuttle Loop OoS.

It's mostly Shuttle Loop.
People then to forget that when One has a turnip, the enemy is on the defensive. Cause they don't wanna get hit. Remember this one.

- This fool is just gonna wait for me to throw a punch and up-B. I can' go at him with a spaced Fair and stay in shield. He up-B's and I glide toss under him and toss the turnip upward to nail him from

- I can run to him and then jump over him and Z-drop a turnip, then fall with a bair. its ether me or the turnip that will get him if he tries something funny. Around this time meta might side step to a dsmash,reserve Ftilt, Nair or just roll away. If he tries to go for a Reverse up-B you can shield in time or roll away. Ether way he can't touch you.

- You can toss the turnip to a Fair (spaced) Have both attacks hit his shield then jab. Done correctly, Meta can't up-B out of shield. He Up-B is about what, 6 frames? Your Jab is 2. But see? people see this all the time. So he could sit there and wait for the jabs. So do all this then Jab once. From this one jab you can:

*Shorthop space Fair>Jab (kept the pressure on him.)
* Dair (if you can do this while doing behind him before the move ends and Bair him. If he shield it all, meta might Nair you so read to time your shield or roll away to get space)
*grab
*dtilt

Also the reason for doing one jab cause Meta can side step both hits and then counter attack. Or can roll. But here is where you can get his azz. When you jab him, Don't tap "A" so fast. Do it slow. Like when she Jabs, wait half a second or so. Then unleash the other jab. This catches people off guard sometimes. Spaced moves and pressure is hard to break against Peach. Even for this fool Meta. Meta is seriously not as bad for Peach as people make it out to be. I fear mid tier characters more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom