• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sucks for Samus.

Dunno PS everything Samus can do sound easy on paper but it doesn't look as easy when I watch Xyro77 and Tudor play her and mix it up more.

Auto canceled Zairs are nice.

*Ducks for cover*
ZAir's really only safe on Ganondorf, and even then, my Ganondorf finds tons of ways to get inside little poor Samus.

I wish Link had a Zair like that.
Link's ZAir is better than Samus's in most "OTHER" situations. Samus uses her ZAir mostly for spacing purposes, and to combo it into more ZAirs/and a few other attacks. She'll never be killing you with out of her ZAir, unless you're at a very high percentage where another ZAir follow up might kill you. Link on the other hand, has tons of stuff he could do out of ZAir. It may be shorter and slower than Samus's, but being able to kill and combo out of it makes up for that.

Samus will never be below Link or Jigglypuff due to the fact that he lives forever.
Link lives longer than Samus if DIed properly <_<.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
- Some characters are in the same tier, even though they shouldn't be. There's no way that Pikachu is in the same tier as Luigi and Zero Suit Samus in the same one as Ike.
- IMO Snake doesn't deserve his own tier. He's still 2nd, but his own tier would ge too far.
- Zelda, Ness, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer should be higher.
- Ike is too high.
- Lucario is too low.
- IMO Wario > Diddy.

There might be more I haven't seen or same may be untrue, but this is it for me.

:053:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People then to forget that when One has a turnip, the enemy is on the defensive. Cause they don't wanna get hit. Remember this one.

- This fool is just gonna wait for me to throw a punch and up-B. I can' go at him with a spaced Fair and stay in shield. He up-B's and I glide toss under him and toss the turnip upward to nail him from

- I can run to him and then jump over him and Z-drop a turnip, then fall with a bair. its ether me or the turnip that will get him if he tries something funny. Around this time meta might side step to a dsmash,reserve Ftilt, Nair or just roll away. If he tries to go for a Reverse up-B you can shield in time or roll away. Ether way he can't touch you.

- You can toss the turnip to a Fair (spaced) Have both attacks hit his shield then jab. Done correctly, Meta can't up-B out of shield. He Up-B is about what, 6 frames? Your Jab is 2. But see? people see this all the time. So he could sit there and wait for the jabs. So do all this then Jab once. From this one jab you can:

*Shorthop space Fair>Jab (kept the pressure on him.)
* Dair (if you can do this while doing behind him before the move ends and Bair him. If he shield it all, meta might Nair you so read to time your shield or roll away to get space)
*grab
*dtilt

Also the reason for doing one jab cause Meta can side step both hits and then counter attack. Or can roll. But here is where you can get his azz. When you jab him, Don't tap "A" so fast. Do it slow. Like when she Jabs, wait half a second or so. Then unleash the other jab. This catches people off guard sometimes. Spaced moves and pressure is hard to break against Peach. Even for this fool Meta. Meta is seriously not as bad for Peach as people make it out to be. I fear mid tier characters more than him.
Thank you for the help.

Link's ZAir is better than Samus's in most "OTHER" situations. Samus uses her ZAir mostly for spacing purposes, and to combo it into more ZAirs/and a few other attacks. She'll never be killing you with out of her ZAir, unless you're at a very high percentage where another ZAir follow up might kill you. Link on the other hand, has tons of stuff he could do out of ZAir. It may be shorter and slower than Samus's, but being able to kill and combo out of it makes up for that.
Well if he had Samus's Zair, recovering with it would be much easier.

Link could auto cancel Samus's Zair into a dash attack, DACUS, QDA, or something.

I main him, but sometimes I wish it may have been Samus's in length.

Edit: Am I the only one who thinks Lucario is way too low in these lists and Mk+Snake don't deserve to be an entire tier higher?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Bored, and think bandwagons are occasionally "fun" when you're bored.

S: :metaknight: :snake:
A: :falco: :wario: :diddy: :dedede: :marth: :pikachu2:
B: :popo: :gw: :olimar: :rob: :kirby: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :pit: :toonlink: :dk2:
C: :peach: :wolf: :luigi2: :fox: :shiek:
D: :sonic: :pt: :ness2: :mario2: :bowser2:
E: :lucas: :yoshi2: :zelda: :jigglypuff:
F: :samus2: :link2: :falcon: :ganondorf:
Jigglypuff is definitely bottom tier.
- Some characters are in the same tier, even though they shouldn't be. There's no way that Pikachu is in the same tier as Luigi and Zero Suit Samus in the same one as Ike.
- IMO Snake doesn't deserve his own tier. He's still 2nd, but his own tier would ge too far.
- Zelda, Ness, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer should be higher.
- Ike is too high.
- Lucario is too low.
- IMO Wario > Diddy.
Some good points. I disagree about Zelda, Ness, Lucas, and Ike, though. I think Yoshi has better matchups among the top tiers than Zelda, Ness, or Lucas, but admittedly I am less confident in my list after Wolf.

S: :metaknight:
A: :snake: :diddy: :wario: :falco: :dedede:
B: :marth: :olimar: :popo: :peach: :gw:
C: :pikachu2: :rob: :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :toonlink: :pit:
D: :dk2: :luigi2: :fox: :ike: :sonic: :wolf: :shiek:
E: :pt: :bowser2: :mario2: :yoshi2: :zelda: :ness2: :lucas:
F: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :falcon: :link2: :ganondorf:

gm jack

Smash Lord
Sheik below Wolf, Sonic, Ike and Fox? What have you been smoking? I feel she's up there with ZSS. She's a very strong character without a single hard counter.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll put in my words for my main as long as I am here.

I don't think Peach is better than:

Pikachu
ROB
Toon Link

Debatable:
ZSS
Kirby
DK

This is going based on these list you guys been making.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Guess I'll join in on the fun.

S: :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: :popo:
A: :warioc: :falco: :marth: :pikachu2: :dedede:
B: :zerosuitsamus: :olimar: :lucario: :toonlink: :gw: :pit: :kirby2: :rob:
C: :shiek: :luigi2: :peach: :dk2: :pt: :sonic: :fox: :wolf: :ike:
D: :mario2: :ness2: :bowser2: :lucas: :zelda: :yoshi2: :falcon:
E: :link2: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
F: :ganondorf:

I generally think that not too much characters are REALLY good or REALLY bad in this game, which is why you see so much of them in the middle 3 tiers in my list.
Also, this list is not debatable. I am 100% right.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Sheik below Wolf, Sonic, Ike and Fox? What have you been smoking? I feel she's up there with ZSS. She's a very strong character without a single hard counter.
Umm, I've been smoking the same thing as the SBR, as they agree that Wolf, Sonic, and Fox are better than Shiek. AFAIK, MK hard-counters Shiek.

Wtf is up with all those randoms randomly posting their tier-list-garbage?
It's fun, and it contributes to the discussion, unlike you.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
People then to forget that when One has a turnip, the enemy is on the defensive. Cause they don't wanna get hit. Remember this one.

- This fool is just gonna wait for me to throw a punch and up-B. I can' go at him with a spaced Fair and stay in shield. He up-B's and I glide toss under him and toss the turnip upward to nail him from

- I can run to him and then jump over him and Z-drop a turnip, then fall with a bair. its ether me or the turnip that will get him if he tries something funny. Around this time meta might side step to a dsmash,reserve Ftilt, Nair or just roll away. If he tries to go for a Reverse up-B you can shield in time or roll away. Ether way he can't touch you.

- You can toss the turnip to a Fair (spaced) Have both attacks hit his shield then jab. Done correctly, Meta can't up-B out of shield. He Up-B is about what, 6 frames? Your Jab is 2. But see? people see this all the time. So he could sit there and wait for the jabs. So do all this then Jab once. From this one jab you can:

*Shorthop space Fair>Jab (kept the pressure on him.)
* Dair (if you can do this while doing behind him before the move ends and Bair him. If he shield it all, meta might Nair you so read to time your shield or roll away to get space)
*grab
*dtilt

Also the reason for doing one jab cause Meta can side step both hits and then counter attack. Or can roll. But here is where you can get his azz. When you jab him, Don't tap "A" so fast. Do it slow. Like when she Jabs, wait half a second or so. Then unleash the other jab. This catches people off guard sometimes. Spaced moves and pressure is hard to break against Peach. Even for this fool Meta. Meta is seriously not as bad for Peach as people make it out to be. I fear mid tier characters more than him.

for curiosity sake who do you fear more in mid tier?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think Lucario has nearly as much potential to move up as ZSS, although will probably be under her. Kirby imo needs to move down slightly on a lot of these tier lists, but that's just me.
imo Zeik still has a hard time against pika and MK.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yeah but getting soft countered by the most common character in the game and having a disadvantaged matchup against the second most common character kind of keeps you out of top tier by itself. I'd say top of A is more appropriate for Marth.
Which means everyone outside of Snake and MK should be in high tier.
because they either lose to MK or they lose to Snake.
According to your argument.

Mind you I am not arguing for Marth to be top tier.
I think only MK and Snake are truly top tier. They are just that much better than everyone else.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Guess I'll join in on the fun.

S: :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: :popo:
A: :warioc: :falco: :marth: :pikachu2: :dedede:
B: :zerosuitsamus: :olimar: :lucario: :toonlink: :gw: :pit: :kirby2: :rob:
C: :shiek: :luigi2: :peach: :dk2: :pt: :sonic: :fox: :wolf: :ike:
D: :mario2: :ness2: :bowser2: :lucas: :zelda: :yoshi2: :falcon:
E: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
F: :ganondorf:

I generally think that not too much characters are REALLY good or REALLY bad in this game, which is why you see so much of them in the middle 3 tiers in my list.
Also, this list is not debatable. I am 100% right.
You forgot Link.

Here is my tier list from before

Again I'm still looking into TL and ZZS.

cutter

Smash Champion

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Samus will never be below Link or Jigglypuff due to the fact that he lives forever.
Really? Really?

Also, so does jiggs, but Jiggs has a more versitile recovery.

That's stupid. Everyone else is doing it wrong and needs to get better if only one person does well with a character.
Except that skill can and often does overcome bad match-ups, and place characters higher then they should.

Also you can't underestimate the influence of not knowing the match-up.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This and Pika are 40:60's against her.

Zelda does worse against G&W, and I think Zelda does simular against Pika.
Like I said, MK imo is harder than the boards present against sheik (and zelda for that matter) from what I've experienced. Marth and Lucario are also pretty icky vs. them, although sheik can hold her own on those MUs more.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is coming from the same person who says ZSS has AT LEAST a 65:35 advantage over G&W.

As a former G&W main, I can say with 100% confidence that ZSS is definately not "G&W's worst matchup."
I don't know about worst but that match-up is very easy for ZSS... 65:35 is pretty accurate.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm more inclined to say 6:4

Also Snake, Marth, and MK are worse.
I don't think I've ever lost a set to a GAW player and I've played ones that are much better players than me and should win by all rights. Also Dazwa rarely lost to OBM before he switched (maybe never?) and Snakeee once told me he thinks it's one of GAW's hardest match-ups and one of ZSS' best...

6:4 is being really nice.

Also, it doesn't really matter who wins between the two, ZSS' matchups in top and high tier are much better than GAW's overall and she's just a better character in the current game climate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Somebody fill me in on why Zss is considered "hard" for G&W?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Link lives longer than Samus if DIed properly <_<.
Sorry, but... How?
Samus is heavier than Link, is floaty, has better aerial movement and a FAR better recovery. The only thing Link has is that he's a bit better at momentum cancelling, but that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom