• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I thought first hit of Snake's ftilt was on frame 6?

Oh well, fact remains that grounded MK shuttle loop will still beat out Snake's best kill move.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I thought first hit of Snake's ftilt was on frame 6?

Oh well, fact remains that grounded MK shuttle loop will still beat out Snake's best kill move.
I also read somewhere that Snakes ftilt comes on frame 6... and utilt on frame 5. >_>

EDIT: The Snake boards say ftilt comes on 4-5 and utilt on 6-13.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Snake's up-tilt can't make you recover neither does it give you invincibility frames. Up-tilt does KO better from the stage. But MK's up+b is definitly one of the best moves in this game because it can be used in so many situations, because there is more than 1 aspect to that move. The only move that may be close to it in terms of usefulness is probably Charizards Rocksmash.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Diddy's down b.

Arfarfarf
That's cheating: it creates items. >_>

Rocksmash = second best move in the game?

What, may I ask, are you smoking? Nado is better. MK's dsmash is better. Snake's tilts are better. IC's Dthrow is better. D3's Dthrow is better.

I love Charizard and all, but the move isn't THAT good.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
That's cheating: it creates items. >_>

Rocksmash = second best move in the game?

What, may I ask, are you smoking? Nado is better. MK's dsmash is better. Snake's tilts are better. IC's Dthrow is better. D3's Dthrow is better.

I love Charizard and all, but the move isn't THAT good.
Rocksmash is pretty amazing. The move comes out on frame 3 (if you hit Charizard past frame three the rock explodes on you which usually gives Zard a frame advantage). If it hits it can do 45% damage in one shot, is a psuedo projectile, a pseudo counter, and is relatively safe for its power. (Its not safe but as safe when used correctle as moves of comparable power/knockback). It also KOs and is just generally awesome... basically I just wanted to talk about how cool it is. I'd say its on par with moves like Snake's ftilt. Maybe a bit below.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know the facts about Rocksmash. >_> Grab > Rocksmash. 45% is only if you "sweetspot" it. The moves I listed are better, IC's Dthrow being debatable.

gm jack

Smash Lord
That's why down-b exists.
Currently, they are considered separately. Hence why I left Zelda out of this. Plus, I don't think that Sheik is that badly done over by Pika (chain camp to force thunder jolts until you have enough damage to escape the chain grab.

As for IC, I'm not even sure Zelda has the advantage. Sure she splits them up well, but she is so 1 dimensional that the IC can just play a camping and waiting game until they get that grab in. However, it is still much better for Zelda than Sheik I guess.

Still, as a combined character with nothing worse than a 60:40, before switching mid game is considered, Sheik or S/Z looks like they should be higher from these stats and the few good Sheik's placing (most notably Armada).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I agree, rocksmash is decent at best. Charizard just has a bunch of "decent" moves.

Fox's uthrow is obviously the best move.
Charizard has a lot of above-average moves, but his situational aerials and trouble in the air really hold him back. You have to know what you're doing to make those moves work.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
WTF? I think u r confusing with Usmash, aren't u? Even if so, it's isn't the best move at all.
Nope, he means up throw. It's clearly the best move in the game, why would you think otherwise? It puts your opponent in the perfect position to get firefox'd. Which, as we all know, wins.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Personally, I prefer...

... the air.

*gets slapped*

Enough off-topicness. I dislike it when I enter this thread only to find "fox's uthrow combos to firefox, obv" posts...

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Okay than Kewkky, what characters do you think are in the wrong tier? I'd say Sonic, DDD, Samus, and Peach are the most obvious.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Okay than Kewkky, what characters do you think are in the wrong tier? I'd say Sonic, DDD, Samus, and Peach are the most obvious.
Down or up?

Sonic belongs where he is, definitely.

At the top of the metagame, Samus' projectiles suck.

Peach is underrated.

DDD's players are too good.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Um, out of curiosity, where do you think Luigi should be. Ive heard he should go down but I could be misinformed as I usually am :D

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would much rather just keep my thoughts to myself... Arguing over why my opinions are wrong compared to other people's isn't a very good experience for me.

I'll just stick to lurking for now, I don't wanna lose my good moodiness. Maybe tomorrow or some later time, I'll be in a debating mood.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I really need to quote this. Samus is given too much credit, even for being the 5th worst in the game.
Not even just Samus IMO, a lot of other projectiles are simply overrated, if you powershield it on reaction and it doesn't create set-ups, unless it has other properties that make it otherwise useful, then it's pretty much useless. Once you can powershield samus' projectiles on reaction, what can she do, bleed on me?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not even just Samus IMO, a lot of other projectiles are simply overrated, if you powershield it on reaction and it doesn't create set-ups, unless it has other properties that make it otherwise useful, then it's pretty much useless. Once you can powershield samus' projectiles on reaction, what can she do, bleed on me?
Spam Zair, spam projectiles even if you can PS.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Spam Zair, spam projectiles even if you can PS.
The main problem is she leaves too many openings if she does that.

It's safe against Ganondorf and uhhhh... Ganondorf.

Zair is actually her only saving grace here, her projectiles simply have too large of a blindzone.

Also, ME AND RAY AGREED ON SOMETHING! The apocalypse is nigh!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The main problem is she leaves too many openings if she does that.

It's safe against Ganondorf and uhhhh... Ganondorf.
Sucks for Samus.

Dunno PS everything Samus can do sound easy on paper but it doesn't look as easy when I watch Xyro77 and Tudor play her and mix it up more.

Zair is actually her only saving grace here, her projectiles simply have too large of a blindzone.
Auto canceled Zairs are nice.

Also, ME AND RAY AGREED ON SOMETHING! The apocalypse is nigh!
*Ducks for cover*

Nestec

Smash Ace
zeldspazz said:
Um, out of curiosity, where do you think Luigi should be.
Luigi is A LOT like Fox. He has some very good traits, making him a very dangerous opponent, but he gets wrecked way too easily by the upper characters.

I say Fox and maybe PT belong over him (assuming PT should be higher than where he is now). I dunno much about Wolf, but from what I've heard, he sounds like he should be surpassing Luigi as well.

However, I do not think Luigi will ever fall lower than C Tier. I don't think characters like Sonic and Bowser have much chance of passing him up.

Ray Kalm said:
Samus is given too much credit, even for being the 5th worst in the game
Lol, this, all the way.

Jigglypuff and Link > Samus, seriously.

adumbrodeus said:
Peach is underrated.
I agree. Definitely the best of C-Tier, but I think she might need to be higher than Pit. So possibly bottom of B?

Sonic belongs where he is, definitely.
Hmmm, I dunno. I can certainly see Sheik and PT passing him up...But 1-2 spots is the lowest I believe he will fall.

---

Btw, what do you guys think of A-Tier? I mean like, from Marth to Kirby. I never hear any discussion about A-Tier outside of "GaW should fall, ZSS into ATier, ICs for STier". What about Olimar, Pika, ROB, and Kirby? How do people feel about them?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is not a C tier Character. She is B. People fail to realize this too hard.

Ike is also not suppose to be where he is now. he is higher than that.

Gea

Smash Master
Peach is not a C tier Character. She is B. People fail to realize this too hard.

Ike is also not suppose to be where he is now. he is higher than that.
I gotta say while I think she is *slightly* underrated, she isn't viable to win a tournament by herself and thus her placing isn't even that important. But I'm sure you agree with me. ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I gotta say while I think she is *slightly* underrated, she isn't viable to win a tournament by herself and thus her placing isn't even that important. But I'm sure you agree with me. ;)
That's what YOU think. Does not matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom