• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I'll take a crack at making a tier list since it's so fashionable...

S Tier
Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy Kong

A Tier
King Dedede
Wario
Marth
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar

B Tier
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Kirby

C Tier
Pikachu
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Pit
Wolf

D Tier
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Sheik
Mario

E Tier
Ike
Ness
Yoshi
Sonic
Lucas
Pokémon Trainer

F Tier
Samus
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll take a crack at making a tier list since it's so fashionable...

S Tier
Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
Diddy Kong

A Tier
King Dedede
Wario
Marth
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar

B Tier
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Kirby

C Tier
Pikachu
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Pit
Wolf

D Tier
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Sheik
Mario

E Tier
Ike
Ness
Yoshi
Sonic
Lucas
Pokémon Trainer

F Tier
Samus
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
You honestly don't have much knowledge of this game.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I'm surprised at the last few lists choice to put Luigi above Pit. Has Luigi improved/Pit fallen that much?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm not sure about Sonic ASCending above the likes of Ike since he revoles too much around mindgames/technical tricks that as we all know won't always be successful whereas things like Ike's 16% jab is always guaranteed.

If anything Ike will always be bottom of Mid tier if the metagame continues to stagnate, especially for the lower-tiered characters who will be doomed if nothing new happens.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
I still don't understand why Pika is so low. Out of all the characters in the game, when people use him, I have the hardest time. Also, it seems that even when someone is just starting out they can do pretty well with Pika. His dsmash is just too good.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If you meet a skilled IC player, it means that grabs are lethal.

Just like in SSB64 :D
1.Don't pull that crap of "if you met a skilled IC player" NO. Just shut the **** up. I am not hearing that tired, whiny excuse of an argument. AGAIN.

2.Grabs are lethal yes, but the fac tof the matter is, they suffer from spacing issues. They have the worst grab range in the game, and unlike melee where they have wavedashing and other methods of setting up grabs, they do not have that in brawl.S o not getting grabbed is easier this time around.

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPaJvNJsqDY
Get *****.

rN00B

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't be too sure of that, but that list is certainly less heinous than most.
People are starting to learn what they're talking about again. I'm happy now.
To be fair toward the SBR, the reason the first tiers have problems is simple: they simply don't have enough data to make an accurate list (For example, the individual aspects making up a character's eventual metagame are not all known; also, enough tournaments have not been won to gather enough useful data).

As time goes on, this list of tiers will be perfected. Perhaps we'll see the rise of Captain Falcon, or the overthrow of Meta Knight as Broken God SS Tier in the future. Only time will tell where the characters will end up.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To be fair toward the SBR, the reason the first tiers have problems is simple: they simply don't have enough data to make an accurate list (For example, the individual aspects making up a character's eventual metagame are not all known; also, enough tournaments have not been won to gather enough useful data).

As time goes on, this list of tiers will be perfected. Perhaps we'll see the rise of Captain Falcon, or the overthrow of Meta Knight as Broken God SS Tier in the future. Only time will tell where the characters will end up.
The intelligent tourney goers of the community generally knew which characters would be high/top/low/middle probably earlier than April. Now, the specific order is still being figured out, but we generally know that:
MK/Falco/Snake are S tier
DDD/G&W/Marth/Diddy/Wario/Olimar are A tier
R.O.B/Lucario/Kirby/Ice Climbers/DK are B tier

There are some characters who's potential is just starting to manifest like Zero Suit Samus and Olimar, but for the most part, the upper echelon of Smashboards knew which characters were Great/Good/Bad/Trash long before now.

.Marik

is a social misfit
As long as the SBR make the official Tier Lists, then we have no hope of the lists changing drastically, save for 2-3 characters moving up or down.

As Olimar definetly isn't that high... >>

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
For instance, there's only a 2 point difference between the SS and A tiers, yet there is nearly a 3 point difference between A and C which are the same alpha value apart from one another. There's also a 1.1 point difference between SS and S, then a .9 point difference between S and A then a .5 difference between the bottom of A and the top of B, and a .6 difference between the bottom of B and the top of C.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hopefully SBR lurks on the character boards more to learn about them.

And hopefully, the fix Lucas god **** placement.
Seriously SBR, why people even VOTE for him to be there? Dear lord, Ness and Lucas being equal was definetely not a coincidence.

(disappointed)

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Pit was never deserving of high tier in the first place. Luigi is the better character imo.
I didn't say anything about high tier. I can understand at this point characters like peach possibly being put above him, but what does Luigi got going for him these days that puts him above Pit? I really don't get to play many and admittedly I don't know him very well. Hence why I asked.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
This is a list based on character abilities and current metagame (ie the best character to teh worst character), whereas the other one is just based directly on tournament results and nothing else.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I honestly agree that Falcon>Jiggs and Ganondorf. I thought I was alone on that...
If it makes you feel better, I think he's above Ganondorf and maybe Jigglypuff.
These guys speak the truth...

I'm tired of Jiggz getting more credit than... anybody.

When is the last time Jigglypuff did Anything in Brawl?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
what is the difference between this thread, and

"Character Rankings List"
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954&page=440

both claim to be the average of character placements in tournaments, but the two lists seem to differ quite a bit.

someone educate me?
lol if you do the math out (between the matchup chart and the rankings list) the tier list is completely different! It only shows some resembelance to the SBR's opinionated tier list.

Just look at Ness and Lucas! Thier the same?! Really?! That's just not right.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ganon is not the worst character in the game and I would love to debate it with anyone who thinks otherwise.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This teir list has nothing to do with hoe well the characters perform at the peak of their current meta game, at least not below C tier. I don't think there are enough people in the SBR who play with or against people competent with those characters.

The SBR's list is very biased towards characters they play. They are no where near as attentive with the rest of the cast and it feels like they guess at the placings more than reseach and look into what the strengths and weaknesses of each character is. I'd love to see how the points use to determine character placings were determined.

Frown

poekmon
This teir list has nothing to do with hoe well the characters perform at the peak of their current meta game, at least not below C tier. I don't think there are enough people in the SBR who play with or against people competent with those characters.

The SBR's list is very biased towards characters they play. They are no where near as attentive with the rest of the cast and it feels like they guess at the placings more than reseach and look into what the strengths and weaknesses of each character is. I'd love to see how the points use to determine character placings were determined.
I would disagree if it wasn't for

Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You actually think the SBR is biased towards their "favorite" characters? LOL! The SBR gravitates towards the upper tier characters because they are actually good to use in competition. Everyone who is butt hurt over their main being low tier is all talk. You think your main is amazing? Get out there and prove it. Don't whine from the sidelines.

inb4icannotaffordtogototournaments

Flayl

Smash Hero
You actually think the SBR is biased towards their "favorite" characters? LOL! The SBR gravitates towards the upper tier characters because they are actually good to use in competition. Everyone who is butt hurt over their main being low tier is all talk. You think your main is amazing? Get out there and prove it. Don't whine from the sidelines.

inb4icannotaffordtogototournaments
That's not what they're complaining about.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's more of the fact that everyone knows Ness is better than Lucas yet they're tied for the same spot, lol. Really, if someone took the time to hang around the Ness or Lucas boards, you'll see them BOTH saying "Why is Lucas so high?" "How is Ness tied with Lucas?" etc...etc...

Not to mention the whole Low Tier is pretty inacurate.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
That's not what they're complaining about.
This

and

It's more of the fact that everyone knows Ness is better than Lucas yet they're tied for the same spot, lol. Really, if someone took the time to hang around the Ness or Lucas boards, you'll see them BOTH saying "Why is Lucas so high?" "How is Ness tied with Lucas?" etc...etc...

Not to mention the whole Low Tier is pretty inacurate.
And this.
SBR rarely hangs out in those boards anyway.

They let a THAT (points to sig) go on. In reality, they spend their time lounging in the Diddy Boards, Falco boards, Snake Boards, MK boards e.c.t. See a pattern?

I know the SBR mostly main them, but seriously they need to learn about those characters.

And I've said this before and I will say it again.

There's no way, that Ness and Lucas tied in terms of voting.
I don't know how they're together. Sick joke maybe? Ignorance?
If the SBR can convince me otherwise, Im not buying into that.

PS: Hope they can do the weekly character thing with Ness and Lucas. Maybe then they'll learn more about them. Maybe.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I wrote an essay on the representation of all lower tier characters on the current tier list and how the SBR didn't give fair representation and about how it is linked to Metaknight. When the current tier list came out a lot of people got angry.

My essay is in the falcon boards. It got locked by hylian. It got a lot of approval though. Here is the link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215230

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This

and

And this.
SBR rarely hangs out in those boards anyway.

They let a THAT (points to sig) go on. In reality, they spend their time lounging in the Diddy Boards, Falco boards, Snake Boards, MK boards e.c.t. See a pattern?

I know the SBR mostly main them, but seriously they need to learn about those characters.

And I've said this before and I will say it again.

There's no way, that Ness and Lucas tied in terms of voting.
I don't know how they're together. Sick joke maybe? Ignorance?
If the SBR can convince me otherwise, Im not buying into that.

PS: Hope they can do the weekly character thing with Ness and Lucas. Maybe then they'll learn more about them. Maybe.
First question: Why does this matter? I'll answer my own question, it really doesn't. I'm in the SBR and I helped vote on this list. Everyone was pressuring for a tier list, people wanted one soooo bad so we worked our hardest to come up with a list that was satisfactory to most people. We focused most of our efforts dissecting the top tiers, mid tiers etc...Checking to see who beats who, why? What the most frequent top tier matchups are, how they relate to each other, etc. We tried pretty hard to cover the rest of the cast too, however, in order to get a satisfactory list, we focused our efforts on the characters that...hmm...how do I say this...

ACTUALLY MATTER!

As time goes by and the tier list is revised, we'll probably gain more perspective into lower tiers, AKA the characters that don't matter. Until then, respect the fact that we choose to evaluate higher tiers more, since they matter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom