• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
This. I know he sucks, but I want people to be as accurate as they can. he can get up two spots more, and then we'll all shut up. Only reason he will ever get lower or higher is because his metagame stopped where others are still advancing/ Sonic mains are still coming up with stuff respectively. I bet you don't even really know why Sonic sucks, RDK, can you honestly say you know at least 90% of what Sonic is capable of to hold an unbiased opinion?
Besides the fact that he handles like Wario on crack and has absolutely dreadful priority? And all his B-moves are essentially the same? Half of his game seems to be mindgaming the opponent into accidentally running into one of the attacks Sonic mains just throw out. Which is hard, considering how bad a character he is; I have to give you guys props for that.

I admit I don't know much about Sonic's matchups, or the character as a whole, but I do still think he doesn't deserve to be above Bowser for obvious reasons.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
No, I was talking about Emblem Lord's post.
...As was I. o_O

EL's post was intended to start drama, so if I actually believed him, I would also have to start drama with him.

There can be no drama unless there's at least one other person to share in it. :laugh:

We should make a song tier list and replace the Brawl one with it lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oh @#$%, Tenki set up da bomb, and Haunter might evolve any minute now, must evacuate the premises right now!

Before I leave though, I really would like somebody to answer me as to how the likes of Armor-Suit Samus is a better character than Sonic... no matter how you look at the two in comparison... well yeah... Did Anthuhs have a vote in there?
edited out:
10zssisnotass

Sonic has to work twice as hard to win matches as other characters that are above him have too.

Does he have the tools to win? Yes, but when it comes down to it...he doesn't have better tools than most characters.

A character that is built around baiting and punishing(i.e. Fox) is never going to be considered more than one of the worst characters.

He really has no special glitch with Brawls physics or move that sets him apart. Even with lower characters like Sheik, Samus, PT, Fox........they all have something about them that is outstanding.

Sheik-Ftilt

Samus-Zair

PT- Ivy and Charizard each have an overpowered move and Squirtle has his dthrow

Fox-Usmash.

That's really why Sonic is never given credit. Sure, he can be played very well and his moveset does allow for a lot of mindgaming and baiting purposes.....but he has to work harder. Simple as that.
On the PT note, Squirtle/Charizard D-throws don't kill (early) if you DI and have the instinct to aerial and 'break' momentum.

On the Sonic note, people complain about how you can't really camp in people's faces much in Brawl, since you move too slow to be able to punish moves even if you can bait them, unless it's a smash or something slow. Sonic mains have never felt that issue.

Of course, the extent you can use this is player-based, but that's what makes it so weird.

If it's player dependent then it's not the character. He has just as good "mindgames" as anyone else, seeing as how it's 100% who's playing him rather than who's being played.
There aren't alot of characters who can feint efficiently just from running, because they move too slow to be able to force anyone to commit to anything. He has a bunch of 'mindgame potential', and that's arguable, since people who are more familiar with their characters can see more potential to fool people or bait/punish than people who aren't familiar with their character.

But one thing that almost noone will argue against is that Sonic gets more chances to punish people than almost any other character, since his speed allows him to punish otherwise 'safe' or long-ranged movements (Hello, Ike retreating F-air, Dedede F-tilt) from out of range.

But even if you ARE assuming he's only wrecking the worst in the game that means he has THAT much going for him. He IS killing characters like Mario and Samus.
aren't they neutral matchups?

Chis, do you have those quotes archieved or something? Like seriously... Even if some of those quotes are like months old...
He posted them recently in a different thread, all he has to do is 'edit' his old post.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
RDK.
Shutup.
Dreadful Priority this and that.
You know if MK had Dreadful Priority, he still wouldn't be lower than Mid (if not still where he is >.>) because he attacks so bloody fast >.>
Anyways.
Sonic's B moves being the same has like ABSOLUTELY no freaking relevance to whether he's good or not.
How could you even bring that up?
You should just hang yourself now for using something completely irrevelant to a point your trying to make and stating it as if it makes your point (sonic being bad) fact.
You know what
GTFO of wherever you are.
Go to nearest volcano near you, if there isn't one near you, I dont ****in care, bike it.
Once you reach the volcano
Go drop your internets in there.
Forgot to take your internets?
Too bad, go bike back to wherever you are, get your internets and drop it in that volcano.

Sonic's B moves being the same?
Not relevent.
Unless your saying, omfg his B special sucks, and because they are similar, obviously the other ones suck.
But you didn't do that.
Also you just admitted you don't even have a clue wtf your arguing about.

Nice.
Mr. Smash Debater.
Hope you argue IRL topics better than this.

Use. Paragraphs.

•Col•

Smash Champion
That would be a terrible joke tier list.
If they were smart, we would be steak tier.

:093:
............Hmm..... I have a scheme to get the Sonic mains to stop complaining.......

Move Sonic out of F tier.... but don't put him in E tier.... Give him his own tier, and call it Steak Tier.

They'll be too busy lol'ing to ever gripe about his placement again... :laugh:

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK.
Shutup.
Dreadful Priority this and that.
You know if MK had Dreadful Priority, he still wouldn't be lower than Mid (if not still where he is >.>) because he attacks so bloody fast >.>
Anyways.
Sonic's B moves being the same has like ABSOLUTELY no freaking relevance to whether he's good or not.
How could you even bring that up?
You should just hang yourself now for using something completely irrevelant to a point your trying to make and stating it as if it makes your point (sonic being bad) fact.
You know what
GTFO of wherever you are.
Go to nearest volcano near you, if there isn't one near you, I dont ****in care, bike it.
Once you reach the volcano
Go drop your internets in there.
Forgot to take your internets?
Too bad, go bike back to wherever you are, get your internets and drop it in that volcano.

Sonic's B moves being the same?
Not relevent.
Unless your saying, omfg his B special sucks, and because they are similar, obviously the other ones suck.
But you didn't do that.
Also you just admitted you don't even have a clue wtf your arguing about.

Nice.
Mr. Smash Debater.
Hope you argue IRL topics better than this.
You managed to make the longest post of this page and say absolutely nothing of worth at the same time. Congratulations; it takes skill to be that stupid.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
While your attempt to break it up into more tiers than there were previously, your A and B tiers should be a single tier, as should your D and E tiers (the biggest difference there is .47, whereas other tiers with gaps like Sheik-Ike (.53) are a single tier. Indeed, Ice Climbers and DK are seperated by .47!

So really, it should be:

Tier list said:
S Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

B Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

C Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

E Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

F Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63
Its a bit inconsistent to break them up by smaller gaps than exist within some tiers.

And really, from (your) A tier all the way down to (your) E tier, its pretty continuous, with no gap larger than .53. Which is somewhat interesting, I think.

Not that breaking it up into more or fewer tiers makes a big difference, as it really doesn't, but anyway...

As for the actual list... Diddy, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, and Peach made remarkable gains, while Falco moved up closer to the top (a fairly important change due to the importance as well as the spread at the top).

On the other hand, ROB, DK, Pit, Wolf, and Fox all tumbled considerably in their rankings.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Besides the fact that he handles like Wario on crack and has absolutely dreadful priority? And all his B-moves are essentially the same? Half of his game seems to be mindgaming the opponent into accidentally running into one of the attacks Sonic mains just throw out. Which is hard, considering how bad a character he is; I have to give you guys props for that.

I admit I don't know much about Sonic's matchups, or the character as a whole, but I do still think he doesn't deserve to be above Bowser for obvious reasons.
Well, I at least give you props to admitting you're arguing a point in which you know little about... I don't know of anybody else that would do the same unless they are utterly defeated in a heated debate... but...

TL:DR, go burn your interwebz in a fire.
Take everything he said, make it somewhat less offensive, yet still hilarious if you have a sense of humor, and bam.

............Hmm..... I have a scheme to get the Sonic mains to stop complaining.......

Move Sonic out of F tier.... but don't put him in E tier.... Give him his own tier, and call it Steak Tier.

They'll be too busy lol'ing to ever gripe about his placement again... :laugh:
This is all we're asking for, even if steak tier was below all the other tiers, we wouldn't care less. Is that too much to ask for?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Just for clarification, Sonic mains, where do you think Sonic should really be placed at? Will moving him two spots up really be worth all that trouble?

I mean honestly, for all intents and purposes, no matter where he moves he still sucks.
Well lets see...

Sonic is currently 10th in the tournament rankings. He has actually shown a consistent increase in his rankings since August, so this placing doesn't really surprise me that much (though I do admit it is higher than expected).

Out of the characters that are ranked above him in the tier list, his tournament placings are currently higher than Samus, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Ike, Shiek, Fox, Bowser, Zelda, Luigi, Wolf, Peach, Pit, Toon Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Olimar, and Lucario.

So umm...WTF is he doing 7th from the bottom? He's been placing better than Samus, Lucas, Ness, Mario, Luigi, ect. for Months. When will people accept that Sonic is mid tier material?

kr3wman

Smash Master
You managed to make the longest post of this page and say absolutely nothing of worth at the same time. Congratulations; it takes skill to be that stupid.
You haven't seen his posts in the 'What if the characters were true to their games' thread.

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, I at least give you props to admitting you're arguing a point in which you know little about... I don't know of anybody else that would do the same unless they are utterly defeated in a heated debate... but...
Well if you're going to go that route, the fact that I'm not an expert on Sonic's matchups yet still somehow manage to destroy the Sonic mains' flimsy arguments should be cause for concern for you guys.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
People will accept he is mid-tier if we manage to at least stay consistent in tourney results if no further boost him statistics, as well as find some new stuff in his metagame... which is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Edit: God O' mighty this website can't stay stable for two webpages, what was I going to edit now?

Oh yeah right, here we go.

Well, you can't deny that if you want to look good in a place like this, y'all gotta know both sides... or at least if you want to know the facts and have a clue about what you're talking about.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
... sigh...

hahaha sonic players are still grasping at straws i see

COME ON STEP IT UP @ sonic mains

he's a bad character - if he isn't go win a major
sigh. i bet you that even if someone did, you guys would STILL have Sonic as low or even lower on the next tier list.

Like Tenki Said, most people don't know the Sonic matchup. I will add, that darn near all the people outside of Sonic boards don't even know how he works when played right, so they just throw stupid things out thier mouth about how they stopped him by staying in place and throwing out attacks like his "don't exist" even after the improvement in sonic's metagame these last six months? really? It's not even worth it trying to convince some people. let them believe what they want. I'm done listening.

And you know, Metaknight was gonna get his own tier. somehow

clowsui

Smash Legend
sigh. i bet you that even if someone did, you guys would STILL have Sonic as low or even lower on the next tier list.

Like Tenki Said, most people don't know the Sonic matchup. I will add, that darn near all the people outside of Sonic boards don't even know how he works when played right, so they just throw stupid things out thier mouth about how they stopped him by staying in place and throwing out attacks like his "don't exist" even after the improvement in sonic's metagame these last six months? really? It's not even worth it trying to convince some people. let them believe what they want. I'm done listening.

And you know, Metaknight was gonna get his own tier. somehow he got even deadlier... after all that talk i heard about how vulnerable he was. sorry Metas, you need more than the two minor issues u have to consider your character flawed...
wait i'm not understanding this.

if you don't know the matchup it makes a character better in all areas?

wtf?

"okay guys lemme tell you, roy is so so good. no one knows how to play against him. that's why."

sonic is essentially the same character as roy. only about three useful b moves; one being for recovery and the two for combos and setups. however he has low priority moves that do not have the same speed as other characters', gets outranged by a lot of downtilts so he has to telegraph options (THIS is what OS meant, don't take him so literally -_-), and is quite easy to kill. HOWEVER he does have some good combo options, a few decent KO moves and weird aerial mobility that acts as both a boon and a deterrent. sonic is a bit better than roy imo because he actually has ground mobility, pretty good recovery + more aerial mobility, roy is a pseudo fast faller which is dumb for his terrible recovery and bad for his moves.

overall the only reason why sonic's results are consistently high imo is because sonics have to work on a higher mental level than most players, and even then people who are able to use characters intelligently are still able to beat sonic on account of the fact of sonic's less-than-ideal options.

sonic deserves AT MOST lower middle tier, if not the top of low tier. he's more likely, however, to remain around mid-low or upper-low.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
****it. I'm pissed you moved Link up two tiers. I wanted him DEAD LAST.

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
You know, I thought this thread was about talking about the Tier List 2.0 in general; not about Sonic players/fanboys discussing/*****ing about their rightful/unrightful positions in Tiers. I'm frankly getting sick about coming here to see everyone heads over heels about this one character. We need to move on, and talk about all the characters, not just Sonic.

Can't we just agree to disagree?

And if we can't, can't we just open up a new thread in the Sonic Character/General Brawl Discussion Forum(s)?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
wait i'm not understanding this.

if you don't know the matchup it makes a character better in all areas?

wtf?

"okay guys lemme tell you, roy is so so good. no one knows how to play against him. that's why."

sonic is essentially the same character as roy. only about three useful b moves; one being for recovery and the two for combos and setups. however he has low priority moves that do not have the same speed as other characters', gets outranged by a lot of downtilts so he has to telegraph options (THIS is what OS meant, don't take him so literally -_-), and is quite easy to kill. HOWEVER he does have some good combo options, a few decent KO moves and weird aerial mobility that acts as both a boon and a deterrent. sonic is a bit better than roy imo because he actually has ground mobility, pretty good recovery + more aerial mobility, roy is a pseudo fast faller which is dumb for his terrible recovery and bad for his moves.

overall the only reason why sonic's results are consistently high imo is because sonics have to work on a higher mental level than most players, and even then people who are able to use characters intelligently are still able to beat sonic on account of the fact of sonic's less-than-ideal options.

sonic deserves AT MOST lower middle tier, if not the top of low tier. he's more likely, however, to remain around mid-low or upper-low.
It is kind of true... you could even go as far to say that Sonic is the Roy of Brawl (just doesn't have t3l-l pl-l1R3). His "low priority" is usually masked by his speed, and even then it's... okay. I don't know about being easy to kill, but for being the 18th heaviest character in the game, he has a pheniminal recovery. If we just look at his stats, what is probably keeping him down is his lack of K.O. moves... and maybe to an extent his moves are telegraphed (don't ask me how I agree, it just feels like Sonic has another more subtle problem besides the unability to really kill).

You're right, paying a bad character does take a different mindset. Our expectations are so high, yet low at the same time because he is looked down upon on. Matchup inexperience mgiht also play a role, because nobody really has mastered Sonic, he is so diverse in playstyle, yet playing him is like doing a lot for little reward. Maybe, just maybe if people wouldn't be so dumb as to just say that Sonic was a completely tourney unviable character, they would be able to truly beat a Sonic player (I know I want to kill somebody when they take me to a stage I hate... or something else just happens to go wrong on my part -_-).

Can't argue with that point, that's what our intentions are anyway.

Edit: We are talking about the tier list, post above me. We are talking about how Sonic only moving up two spots is still unacceptable. If you want us to shut up, bring cold-hard evidence that says otherwise that Sonic is right where he belongs/should go lower. So far, nobody has yet to prove us wrong. Besides Sonic, there are still a couple of things that is still horribly wrong... specific examples, I will not state. We don't need to make another topic, we are already discussing the subject at hand.

Yoshinii

Smash Rookie
eh?

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

It's no suprise how metaknight made it so high up but then im sad that Lucas and Ness is so down low. I'm pretty sure that they are good all around. What's so bad about them that makes them F tier?

Yoshinii

Smash Rookie
It's no suprise how metaknight made it so high up but then im sad that Lucas and Ness is so down low. I'm pretty sure that they are good all around. What's so bad about them that makes them F tier?

tehbestevar

Smash Rookie
on Final Destination with no items and 3 Wolfs for
I dont see Sonic improving beyond where he is and personally I dont want him to because I am sick of the all fast characters dominating(exept for Snake who is moderate speed) I want to see someone who is not all Speed get high on the list

EDIT: why is Falco so much better than Fox I always thought Fox was better

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Luckily your biased opinion (hopefully) won't matter a bit. Characters are (supposedly) ranked on the tier list for overall performance in matchups/tourneys, and how far they have advanced in their metagame as well how far they have advanced compared to the other characters. It's not our fault that we ended up with a character who just happens to be a tiny bit lower than he (really) should be.

Edit: Because that's just how he was designed, in a game like Brawl, Falco is just luckily better than Fox.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol why do I bother? Ill get the same intelligent response from my Dog

rankings list said:
Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated January 1, 2009)
NOTATION
, for next on list
( ) for very close score

S: Meta Knight, Falco
A: Snake, King Dedede, Wario, (Kirby, Diddy Kong), (Zero Suit Samus, Marth)
B: (Ice Climbers, ROB, Sonic, Olimar), (Peach, Lucario), (Pikachu, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda/Sheik)
C: (Captain Falcon, Toon Link), (Fox, Donkey Kong, Ike, Pit, Luigi, Pokémon Trainer)
D: Yoshi, Bowser
E: Samus, Mario, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, (Link, Ness), Lucas

Past Lists
Fall 2008
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, King Dedede
B: (Falco, Marth), (Mr. Game & Watch, Wario), Lucario, (Diddy Kong, Olimar), ROB
C: Kirby, (Wolf, Peach), Pikachu, (Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong), Sonic, Zero Suit Samus
D: (Bowser, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ike, Luigi, Pit), Fox
E: (Ness, Yoshi, Mario), Pokémon Trainer, (Link, Captain Falcon), (Lucas, Samus), Jigglypuff, Ganondorf

August/September 2008
*: Meta Knight
S: Snake
A: (Wario, King Dedede), (Falco, Mr. Game & Watch)
B: Marth, (Lucario, ROB, Diddy Kong), (Kirby, Pikachu, Olimar, Peach)
C: Wolf, (Pit, Donkey Kong), Ice Climbers
D: Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, (Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik), Fox, Mario
E: (Bowser, Sheik, Yoshi, Zelda, Link, Ike, Ness), Samus, (Jigglypuff, Lucas), (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon)

July/August 2008
S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Wario, (King Dedede, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch), Marth
B: (Lucario, ROB, Diddy Kong), (Donkey Kong, Kirby)
C: (Peach, Pikachu), (Olimar, Wolf), (Ice Climbers, Pit), Zero Suit Samus
D: Fox, Ike, (Sonic, Lucas, Pokémon Trainer, ZeldaSheik)
E: (Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Mario, Zelda), (Luigi, Sheik, Link, Ness, Bowser, Yoshi, Samus), (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon)

June/July 2008
S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede; Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: Falco, ROB, Lucario, Donkey Kong, Olimar
C: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Fox, Pit
D: Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Pikachu; Sonic, Ike, Lucas, Toon Link, Ness, Zelda, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, SheikZelda, Luigi, Sheik, Mario, Link
E: Yoshi; Captain Falcon; Ganondorf
Since SBR members dismally failed my first simple challenge, how about round two.

Spot the location where Sonic has performed at such a rate that warrants near bottom tier. Once you have done that, provide proof that the only people Sonics won against were indeed scrubs of the highest level.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a huge biased towards Yoshi. Its just not fair.

So a possible Metaknight counter, chaingrab on a handful of the cast and the ability to wavedash and waveland very well not good enough for at least E?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm a bit surprised that the next version of the tier list is out already. I expected an update on the SBR recommended rule list for Brawl.

@spudzalot: Yoshi cannot jump out of shield and is barely present at tournaments, as he is almost always E rank on Ankoku's CRL.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
oh. my goodness. evidence from the sonic mains. you mean they were just whining about thier character, but had legit reasons to back it up? I applaud you, sir.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm a bit surprised that the next version of the tier list is out already. I expected an update on the SBR recommended rule list for Brawl.

@spudzalot: Yoshi cannot jump out of shield and is barely present at tournaments, as he is almost always E rank on Ankoku's CRL.
I think that's coming out in June. On the same post they announced the next tier list being released today.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, as the False SBR would tell Yoshi mains, "C'mon, step it up, you need more tourney results!" That might be one thing that is hindering Yoshi... I''ll admit him dropping is just a mistake.

Although it's illogical to think that just because a character does better against Meta Knight that they will automatically go up... you can have an advantage over MK (just saying, it's not true), but you can have disadvantgeous matchups against everybody else... not really...

DR is granted, and I hate no idea WTH Waveland is... but forget it, by this point, all you can do is just get more tourney results/discover more stuff with your character, and hope the false SBR doesn't screw up again.

Yoshi is on the same boat Sonic is... just a little bit more going against him when you take a good look at it.

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Take everything he said, make it somewhat less offensive, yet still hilarious if you have a sense of humor, and bam.
Chrono's post are always hilarious.
People just like to baw.

This is all we're asking for, even if steak tier was below all the other tiers, we wouldn't care less. Is that too much to ask for?
I will second this idea.

You haven't seen his posts in the 'What if the characters were true to their games' thread.
That got closed.
Now we've all relocated.

You know, I thought this thread was about talking about the Tier List 2.0 in general; not about Sonic players/fanboys discussing/*****ing about their rightful/unrightful positions in Tiers. I'm frankly getting sick about coming here to see everyone heads over heels about this one character. We need to move on, and talk about all the characters, not just Sonic.
The current discussion is about moving Sonic up another spot or two.
He may not be the lowest newcomer anymore (PT), but he's still too low.

Can't we just agree to disagree?
Welcome to the internet.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, as the False SBR would tell Yoshi mains, "C'mon, step it up, you need more tourney results!" That might be one thing that is hindering Yoshi... I''ll admit him dropping is just a mistake.

Although it's illogical to think that just because a character does better against Meta Knight that they will automatically go up... you can have an advantage over MK (just saying, it's not true), but you can have disadvantgeous matchups against everybody else... not really...

DR is granted, and I hate no idea WTH Waveland is... but forget it, by this point, all you can do is just get more tourney results/discover more stuff with your character, and hope the false SBR doesn't screw up again.

Yoshi is on the same boat Sonic is... just a little bit more going against him when you take a good look at it.
Lol, I think we have it way worse than you guys. This is like a RPG game, where history repeats itself constantly.

tehbestevar

Smash Rookie
on Final Destination with no items and 3 Wolfs for
Luckily your biased opinion (hopefully) won't matter a bit. Characters are (supposedly) ranked on the tier list for overall performance in matchups/tourneys, and how far they have advanced in their metagame as well how far they have advanced compared to the other characters. It's not our fault that we ended up with a character who just happens to be a tiny bit lower than he (really) should be.

Edit: Because that's just how he was designed, in a game like Brawl, Falco is just luckily better than Fox.
Its an opinion that I got playing on Wi-Fi(my matches dont lag alot) versus 3 Falcos, Wolfs even Sonic, and especially Marth because I main Ike so the speed gets on my nerves cause a good Ike(or other slower character) is hard to find cause everybody will go to the fast characters, while my Ike is still crap I bet the best Ike player could take the best Marth

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol, I think we have it way worse than you guys. This is like a RPG game, where history repeats itself constantly.
Yeah I know, you guys went down instead of up... I actually like Yoshi! :(

It's just I don't want to take the time to learn another character who shares a high learning curve like Sonic.

Okay fun edit:

Its an opinion that I got playing on Wi-Fi(my matches dont lag alot) versus 3 Falcos, Wolfs even Sonic, and especially Marth because I main Ike so the speed gets on my nerves cause a good Ike(or other slower character) is hard to find cause everybody will go to the fast characters, while my Ike is still crap I bet the best Ike player could take the best Marth
Well, that just pretty much sums it up.

I'll spare you since you were on the same boat as I a couple of months back, but to simply put it.

Wi-Fi, even as lagless can be, is still not a good indication of matchup experience.

You could've played random people, but defenitely not the pros.

People will either go with who is higher on the tier list, or who they feel is most comfortable to their playstyle of preference.

It's easy to say that, but if we could get you and the best Marth in the U.S. together... I am almost certain the results would be dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom