• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, new tier list ftw. I'm no expert, but MK getting his own tier makes this a winner in my book. Also, the way I see it Lucario didn't go down so much as other characters went up. He just got bumped out of place by Diddy.

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh My goooood....Olimar +7 O.O
lol I think he's always deserved that place though. People say he's easy to gimp, but how are you going to gimp someone you can't take off the stage?

Competent Olimar players are oh-so-evil some times :3

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Allow me to first take a moment to laugh at the glaring contrast between Olimar mains and Sonic mains

Olimar mains : "Well it's cool he moved up... We just don't want more people using him"

Sonic mains : "MAKE SONIC HIGHER! RECOGNIZE HIS GREATNESS"

I dunno why anyone is mad. Tier lists show 2 things.

1. How consistent a character is in tournaments
2. How likely they are to appear in tournaments

So Sonic isn't high tier? Big deal. He can be just as good as anyone else. Ithrowthings really made me respect Sonic after he whooped my Olimar at Final Smash 08 a couple weeks ago. Sonic's lower tier ranking and my lack of experience fighting a GOOD Sonic player left me unprepared for the match up. Also his skill was quite impressive ^_^;;

Rule of fighting games : Some characters are just better than others.

This doesn't mean a fight between a Meta Knight and a Sonic is an auto win for Meta Knight, just means the Sonic player better be more skilled and able to take down a character who's higher ranked for several reasons.

Tier lists don't determine who you can and can't use in a tournament. They determine who you're more likely to play against and who's more likely to advance. Lower tier means more of a surprise but it also means you have to be exceedingly better than your opponent to overcome your character's shortcomings and the ability to exploit whatever weaknesses your opponent's character has.

Basically, stop worrying about where your main placed on the tier list. It doesn't make who you use any more or less good than they were before.
You lost to Sonic IRL with Olimar?

Your Olimar is scrub tier, THAT is an auto win for you.

Unless he CP'd.

Sonic needs to be higher, read ALL of the past arguments. Saying Sonic only wins scrub tourneys is bull****. Saying that everyone who loses to Sonic is bull****.

Unless you you think Hylian/everyone else in texas is a scrub.

:093:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT: why is Falco so much better than Fox I always thought Fox was better
Chaingrabbing.
And because Fox has some horrible Matchups against Pikachu and Sheik.
And because Falcos placed high in several big 'n important tourneys.

He wasn't always high up? I just kind of assumed he was. lol
Nah. Olimar was pretty around the middle of the tier list, hence he moved up whopping 8 ranks.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Chaingrabbing.
There's a lot more to Falco than just chaingrabbing, don't supply answers if you don't know what you're talking about.

Falco has a better (MUCH better) defensive game than fox, and his ability to punish people out of camping tactics are much safer. His chaingrabs are a huge advantage as previously stated. The only thing fox really has on falco is a 'better' recovery. But both their recoveries are trash outside of SideB. If they're using UpB, they're easy to predict/gimp.

Outside of Utilt combos, which won't work on good players for too long, Falco racks up damage more consistently.

Falco's not all chaingarbage.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There's a lot more to Falco than just chaingrabbing, don't supply answers if you don't know what you're talking about.

Falco has a better (MUCH better) defensive game than fox, and his ability to punish people out of camping tactics are much safer. His chaingrabs are a huge advantage as previously stated. The only thing fox really has on falco is a 'better' recovery. But both their recoveries are trash outside of SideB. If they're using UpB, they're easy to predict/gimp.

Outside of Utilt combos, which won't work on good players for too long, Falco racks up damage more consistently.

I has edited my post.

I don't play Falco that much, but I know that his Chaingrabs are one of his biggest advantages.
I know Fox has more very horrible Matchups than Falco - he gets ***** by Pikachu and pretty much by Sheik.
And I know Falco has better tournament placings than Fox.

But the potential of a character is not taken into account so much, though. Just because Falco has a better defensive game doesn't make him place 3rd on the list.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion

Unless he CP'd.

Sonic needs to be higher, read ALL of the past arguments. Saying Sonic only wins scrub tourneys is bull****. Saying that everyone who loses to Sonic is bull****.

You sir, are a newb. Olimar is not scrub tier. You try to play him...

Boxob.

Smash Lord
You sir, are a newb. Olimar is not scrub tier. You try to play him...
You sir, are an idiot.

Rofl.

I said HIS Olimar is scrub tier, to losing to a non projectile having/non-meta-knight character in a tourney.

Pro tip: Don't insult people if you yourself are too stupid to read and comprehend a simple sentence.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Rofl, Terios, C-stick. Too good.

Olimar's one of the EASIEST characters to play. ESPECIALLY against an all melee character. MK's nad won't go throw Oli's grabs, nothing of Sonic's will, promise.

Fabian the Fastman

Smash Cadet

Not to mention, Falco actually has a decent edgeguarding game (and unlike Fox, he actually HAS a meteor smash)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Even though I play Olimar, I have to agree. He's not that hard to play. It's not like he's that easy to play competetivly though. His recover is something that can loose you stocks, and plucking the wrong pikmin can screw up your entire game. There are uncontrollable risks he has. Sometimes you won't even notice you're two pikmin short until you're off stage, and your upb doesn't even connect to the ledge. :X

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
@Tenki: I disagree. Last tournament I went to, the players had knowledge about how to face Sonic and what he could do and how. So I don't believe the problem is as exaggerated as it is deemed especially since Sonic's placings are at larger tourneys where even if people were ignorant of Sonics capabilities, would still know from that one match how their opponent is using Sonic and what measures should be taken against him. Its not as if the surprise factor would last 7+ months especially at the larger tournaments where he has placed.

Anyway moving on.

Bowser, I argue he should move down. yeah. I said it.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Even though I play Olimar, I have to agree. He's not that hard to play. It's not like he's that easy to play competetivly though. His recover is something that can loose you stocks, and plucking the wrong pikmin can screw up your entire game. There are uncontrollable risks he has. Sometimes you won't even notice you're two pikmin short until you're off stage, and your upb doesn't even connect to the ledge. :X
The game's easy, competitively doing ANYTHING requires thinking, out thinking your opponent.

Olimar (in this case, against a character with no projectile) is an incredibly easy to win match.

All you need to do is grab. If it works on Sonic, and believe me it does, it will work on any characters without a projectile.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Lol.

I like that MK has his own tier, ABOVE a character that also has his own tier.

It's so ridiculous.

But deserving, we all knew it was necessary.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
That is a very interesting tier list. I will need time to soak it in before I decide if it is accurate in my opinion. I think Metaknight Tier is overdoing it though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this character is so rediculous.

and yes, MK and snake BOTH having their own tiers was completely necessary

*looks at above posters avatar*

lol metaknight is S(uper)S(aiyan) tier.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
this character is so rediculous.

and yes, MK and snake BOTH having their own tiers was completely necessary

*looks at above posters avatar*

lol metaknight is S(uper)S(aiyan) tier.
And I suppose that Snake is just S(aiyan) tier? Come on Snake! Take it to the next level! SS2!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Why does the SBR waste so much time making a poorly constructed, meaningless, uninformed tierlist based on popularity and the opinion of uninformed and unqualified people when it could be doing something productive?
You sound like a smart guy, and I can tell by your user name that you're really good at this game. Would you like to joint the SBR? You can help us spend time wisely making a well-constructed, meaningful, informed tier list based on tournament results and the opinions of informed and qualified people.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You sound like a smart guy, and I can tell by your user name that you're really good at this game. Would you like to joint the SBR? You can help us spend time wisely making a well-constructed, meaningful, informed tier list based on tournament results and the opinions of informed and qualified people.
O.o

E=MC2

Now I just need someone to change my name to StupendousSonic. No wait. He's bottom tier trash. MagnificentMetaknight. There's a name with moxy.

Umby

Smash Master
I really wish I didn't like my current sig so much.

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet

Unless he CP'd.

Glad to see Smashboards isn't without it's elitist jerks. I never proclaimed to be godly with Olimar. I didn't exactly want to come off sounding like "Oh I should've won that match against Sonic"

Yeah the match was heavily in my favor, but for someone not use to dealing with Sonic I just wasn't really sure what to do. Besides, Ithrowthings is a good Sonic player. I don't want to cheapen his skills by making excuses. If we had a rematch I'd be more prepared now and would probably fair better against him but like I said it comes down to the skill of the player. If a lower tier character has a better player behind him, he's gonna shoot down a higher tier character with a less experienced player.

Besides that, I love that a lot of people seem to still think Olimar is just a "stand in one spot and point the c-stick" kind of character. Yeah that works, but it's not the best way to play him. I never made any claim about him being hard to play. He's a different character, his only real issues are his recovery and his priority. Decent spacing takes care of priority and he won't have to recover if you can't hit him off the stage. Standing in one spot and smashing anyone who approaches you works against Sonic since it interrupts his attacks which I now know. I may have lost the match but at least I know what to expect in the future.

We can't all live up to your expectations as Smash Players.

Pro tip : Don't be an ***.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
I expected this a while back
and nice little movements, especially Diddy, I guess NinjaLink's effective use of him really made everyone rethink his previous placement

Nothing to argue w/ here

Edit: Interesting how Fox is 6.66
-_-

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah the match was heavily in my favor, but for someone not use to dealing with Sonic I just wasn't really sure what to do.
Not that this post is not at all directed at you, but the above quote is exactly part of my point earlier.

A very small amount of people are 'used to', let alone familiar with how Sonic plays anywhere above scrub level and lack the matchup experience to correctly play against Sonic.

Somehow, even though there are 'thousands' of Sonic mains at tournaments that 'guarantee' him spots in the top 8, as some misinformed love to spout off, there's still this noticeable lack of matchup experience.

And that's how, IMO, there are Sonic players who are placing high. Competent Sonic mains are relatively few in comparison to people who main other characters but use Sonic as a playaround character, so they don't know what to expect when a Sonic main comes around.

I think this whole Sonic thing can really only be resolved by the next tier list, if Sonic mains continue to show up at tourneys (there are like, less than 20 Sonic mains TOTAL that actively go to tourneys, as of December) and people finally start paying attention to the matchup.

If he continues to place high, or levels out somewhere in mid-rankings overall, then maybe I'm wrong, and Sonic is actually worthy of mid-tier. If his results die down and he rarely ever places top 8 again, then maybe I was right, and people really just needed to learn the matchup.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tenki will be wrong, im sure of it.

i also third shadowlinks comment.

getting surprised should not result in the loss of a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom