• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*SBR hat goes on*

Now see here youngesters.
The voting format used worked wonderfully with the final Melee tier list.

If you just thought about it for a moment, you'd realise that the fact that the new Brawl tier list came out this way, indicates a lot of disagreement. You have to realise that despite everything, Brawl is a young game. Verging on almost the one year mark. With so many characters and such a large player base there's going to be a lot of room for error.

On the other hand, the Melee tier list is impeccable, and that is from 7 years of tournament results and data.

It's sad, nobody takes the time to fully analyze Sonic for what he really is.
You'd be suprised at who voted Sonic highly.

((This post was supposed to go up before I went to lunch, but it didn't go through strangely enough :/ ))

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sonic is low cuz he blows.

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

BRING THE HATE!!!!!

I'm in a pissy mood and I need some drama.

RDK

Smash Hero
Just for clarification, Sonic mains, where do you think Sonic should really be placed at? Will moving him two spots up really be worth all that trouble?

I mean honestly, for all intents and purposes, no matter where he moves he still sucks.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Just for clarification, Sonic mains, where do you think Sonic should really be placed at? Will moving him two spots up really be worth all that trouble?

I mean honestly, for all intents and purposes, no matter where he moves he still sucks.
Its a matter of accuracy.
For me anyway, I don't like it when things are out of place or inconsistent.

Browny

Smash Hater
@ edrees

you say represent yourself better, now for the sake of the sbr imo, would you be able to provide a proper argument as to how Sonic mains have not been representing as well as any of the 10 characters immediately above him?
was this answered? idk ill ask it again anyway

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My only big objection is with Fox taking the tumble that he did. Like Mario, I think that he has a lot of potential overall but it's not really seen since hardly anyone plays as him anymore. Also, it's good to see that Olimar is finally where he deserves to be. The character screamed high tier since the beginning but too many people had tunnel vision with "ZoMg, HiZ rEcUvRiE iZ tEh SuXxOrZ." :psycho:

Snare

Smash Lord
i really dont care if this tier list is ef'd up or perfect in anyone's mind, it's going to change regardless and we'll hear either the same people or different people arguing the same things up til everyone is happy (which will take really, really, really, long. or never.)

Plus the lower you are on this tier list, the less of a threat people take that character, and always gives them that element of surprize. On the other hand high tiers are constantly having their meta-games analyzed and countered. Can any of you honestly say that you have more knowledge of ness's meta-game than meta knight's? (shut up ness mains :|) Most likely not because when people think ness, they think low tier, good fair, bad recovery, watch out for anything glowing. I doubt many people know what project omega or pillaring is. True low tiers attract lower support rates for the character, and slower meta-game development, but there's always the trade off.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

BRING THE HATE!!!!!

Shut the hell up Emblem Lord
Marth sucks
^.^
As I understand the need for Drama while in a mood.
The SBR is ********, including you as you support Marth/whatever when you should be supporting Ganondorf, who is the most badass person in this game, regardless of how crappy Sakurai made him on 1on1 (well even 4 on 4) play!

Seriously.
Yoshi doesn't deserve this.
The current metagame is the current ranking.
Which has yoshi at 9th place.
Does that mean Yoshi is ninth? No.
It means he should be seeing himself close to that vicinity.
But he isn't
Whos under him, 4 people?
That means Yoshi's at 5th worst right? (Im obviously math ******** if I get this wrong, that or I have memory issues)
Yoshi has the moves and what not.
You can't compare a low tier character to a high tier character and say well he should function like this.
In terms of people who are in the lower brackets we need to look at them (atleast this is how I think) and see whats up.
Yoshi is ninth in rankings, he's not ninth here.
So that means, people who are under him in the rankings, are above him here.
What do those people have that he doesn't
Match ups?
Lets see the SBR's matchups.
Lets see their general vicinity.
In Tactical discussion there was the SBR character discussion with the summary of everyone (yoshi's was kinda soft...wtf was that...but moving on).
That Summary does not actually show evidence of why Yoshi would be fifth either.
Srsly.
Instead it's more like he has room for potential growth, but we are not seeing it yet.
But Yoshi has been growing, look at him from the start of brawl and look at him now.
Despite his playerbase, not being up to par in numbers or attendance (lets be real, most Yoshis are lazy *******s, im including myself here...dont worry MMac your safe..well not really but whatever), Yoshi has moved up from the beginning of brawl.
Where he is now and where he was in Fall 2008 (moreso where he is now), IS HIS METAGAME.
Fifth place, how is fifth place warranted.
Hold up let me count.
Whos under him.
Link, Giggles ruff, Ganondorf,Captain Falcon.
Ya...thats 4 people.
So ya he's ****in fitfh.
WTF is he fifth for.
Ah I see right
"Well he's not placing at high level tournaments'
THATS WHY HE's NOT IN FREAKING S,A and B tier.
We are talking at lower tiers/lower tourneys.
Which includes many others.
So placing at high level tourneys, thats not the issue.
Where Yoshi is, in the metagame and where he is placing.
Why the hell should he be fifth?
**** Ness, I coulda sworn I saw that wannabe Golden Sun Character (I dont care if Mother 2 came out before Golden Sun) below Yoshi's ***.
WTF is this.
Imma come after you Emblem Lord.
And im bringing Transvestites.

It's call a paragraph newb. Learn to use them.

Zylar

Smash Ace
i really dont care if this tier list is ef'd up or perfect in anyone's mind, it's going to change regardless and we'll hear either the same people or different people arguing the same things up til everyone is happy (which will take really, really, really, long. or never.)
Well their method didn't really make the "process of making everyone happy" go any faster.
Besides the point to all this debating, erm, arguing is so that next time they'll think differently.

bigman40

Smash Master
That's it, I lost faith in the False SBR, hey Yoshi mains, wanna go make an alliance? Lucas/C.Falcon/PT have already made a pact with us, we'll put these tier-@#$%^& in there place.

I for one think Yoshi should share a spot with Sonic at the top of the low tier (or at least where it would be now if this list went by tiers and not letters)
Sure, we got a few still gunning to prove Yoshi is good, and some that don't care anymore. Is their cookies in this alliance? If so, I'm all over it xD

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Screw this tier list drama people.
Your best options are to accept it or keep winning more tournies to show people how your character really does deserve that spot.
In the meantime-
TEXAS>OSU!!!

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You'd be suprised at who voted Sonic highly.
Until I do though, I will continue to piss & moan as to why he is still this low... I bet it's Overswarm that gave him the worst placing on the tier list.

We're still trying to find a way to get around DTilt spam, like seriously... ironically, SP is the closest person right now to have found such a tech. We are still working on mastering it and being able to do it consistently. SP's helping Sonic's metagame while me/CiTH/Tenki/SM5 are out to destroy it.

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

BRING THE HATE!!!!!

You want drama, go read the rest of this thread.

At least Sonic doesn't wear some silly ol' tiara.

Its a matter of accuracy.
For me anyway, I don't like it when things are out of place or inconsistent.
This. I know he sucks, but I want people to be as accurate as they can. he can get up two spots more, and then we'll all shut up. Only reason he will ever get lower or higher is because his metagame stopped where others are still advancing/ Sonic mains are still coming up with stuff respectively. I bet you don't even really know why Sonic sucks, RDK, can you honestly say you know at least 90% of what Sonic is capable of to hold an unbiased opinion?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Who cares about Yoshi?

He sucks.
Yoshi suckage doesnt even compare to people who think Falcon is manly.

If you deny this fact, you need to leave wherever the hell you are (a cardboard box?), find the nearest river to you.

Then drop a baby in it.

Also.

Yoshi for Top of Low (well under some people, I think PT has better rankings, last time I checked PT...which I dont do often)

Yoshi > Ness.
True ****.
Also

Marth<<< Ganondorf.
I dare you to prove me wrong.
You can't you want to know why?
Marths Tipper slashes, are easily blocked by Ganondorf's U-tilt which will completely **** Marths Tipping.
Shielding is not an option because the shield is pink and marth cannot afford to show any more femininity, as such he has to eat the dam Utilt.
Marth can't Side Step or roll either, be cause if he rolls, Ganondorf goes free and begins more Utilt ****, that Marth will never dodge, because he's a terrible character.
If He sidesteps, it Doesn't Matter Because Ganondorf's Utilt already ****ed up marths Spacing.
So the tipper can go kiss it's *** goodbye.

Marth sucks.
Deal with it.
Actually don't deal with it.
Go Emo.

Yoshi has
Spacing options, considering all those dudes in Brawl+ who pissed themselves at the Idea of wave dashing, when Yoshi has been able to wavedash for MONTHS, I think good Yoshi mains (who really are the only ones placing, because Bad yoshi's sit at home and cry) have already shown that Yoshi = > fifth place.

Now
Who cares about Marth?
Nobody.
Not even Nintendo.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who cares about such and such character below high tier?

He/she sucks.

Zylar

Smash Ace
NO U! Stop making us seem like we're completely biased and ignorant to the fact that we just can't say he sucks even though *blah, blah, blah* ..............................K I'm done ranting.

Carry on good sirs :)
SHUT IT!!!!!!!!! Yoshi is awesome!! YOU HEAR ME?????

FALCON PAAUUUNNCCHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.

Dedede and Kirby suck.

Yoshi tongues.

What game are you playing?

None of you noticed that he posted flams beforehand and SAID he wanted to start drama. Why are you giving what he wants?

Browny

Smash Hater
LIST v 2.0

snip
djbrowny said:
Since making our own ideas of what the next tier list looks like (supposedly jan 5th?) gets flamed to crispy goodness, Ill simply guess whether each character will go up, down or stay and try to get as high % right as possible Should be fun. Gotta get at least half my guesses right lol...

1 Meta Knight -- Stay +1
2 Snake -- Stay +1
3 King Dedede -- Stay -1
4 Mr. Game & Watch -- Stay -1
5 Falco -- Stay -1
6 R.O.B. -- Down -1

High
7 Marth -- Up +1
8 Wario -- Stay +1
9 Lucario -- Down +1
10 Donkey Kong -- Down +1
11 Diddy -- Up +1
12 Pikachu -- Down -1
13 Ice Climbers -- Up -1
14 Kirby -- Up +1
15 Pit -- Stay -1
16 Wolf -- Stay -1

Middle
17 Toon Link -- Stay +1
18 Olimar -- Up +1
19 Fox -- Down +1
20 Zelda -- Down +1
21 Zero Suit Samus -- Up +1
22 Bowser -- Down -1
23 Luigi -- Stay -1
24 Peach -- Up +1
25 Ike -- Down +1
26 Sheik -- Stay -1

Low
27 Lucas -- Down -1
28 Ness -- Down -1
29 Mario -- Up +1
30 Pokémon Trainer -- Down -1
31 Samus -- Down -1
32 Yoshi -- Up -1
33 Sonic -- Up +1
34 Jigglypuff -- Down +1
35 Ganondorf -- Down +1
36 Link -- Up +1
37 Captain Falcon -- Stay +1
So i got 21/37 right...

:D

Snare

Smash Lord
Well their method didn't really make the "process of making everyone happy" go any faster.
Besides the point to all this debating, erm, arguing is so that next time they'll think differently.
more BRoomers representing more variaty = faster happy making process hopefully

i would :laugh: so hard if the sbr makes a joke tier list with sonic as top tier

aeghrur

Smash Champion
more BRoomers representing more variaty = faster happy making process hopefully

i would :laugh: so hard if the sbr makes a joke tier list with sonic as top tier
That would be a terrible joke tier list.
If they were smart, we would be steak tier.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He already is top tier, n00b.

...When items come into play.

But even then, Sonic is too good for top tire, he belongs in Steak tier.

I wonder if I still have that sig...

Edit: Yep, there ya go, and as for this thread being more spam than discussion... it's only maybe 15% tops... it's just that all the Sonic/Yoshi mains have been ranting on and on about how this new list needs a helluva lot of work.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
None of you noticed that he posted flams beforehand and SAID he wanted to start drama. Why are you giving what he wants?
...How was my post intended to start drama? It was a playful pun on the words he chose.

I knew all of that in any case.

I'm pretty sure bigman knew too. EDIT: ^And indeed, it is so.

Don't know about fox.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Who cares about such and such character below high tier?

He/she sucks.
You dont make the Tiers
I do.

S Tier:
Ganondorf
Metaknight

A Tier:
Ganondorf
Falco
Some other loses

Whatever comes after A:
Ganondorf
some dudesx10
Some chick

C Tier:
2 other chicks nobody cares about...probably nana too...is nana even a girl? WTF kind of name is nana....it's like....banana....or something, it's a freaking fruit name.
Ya anyways Nana sucks.
somedudesx4
Sonic
PT
Yoshi

D Tier
Nobody cares
Some chick...probably marth, maybe Lyn, how the hell she got here, I dunno, ask Marth.
E Tier:
Giggles Ruff
Link
Carlton Fatcon
Mr. G I Dorf.

Yoshi FTW, because Yoshi actually beats Ness.
So whats my response.
WTF is the SBR doing having Yoshi under Ness.
There are yoshi mains going "Ya we know Yoshi is bad, but just listen to us, he belongs here"
Im saying
SCREW THOSE GUYS (love you guys though)....also no homo.
Listen to me.
Yoshi is good enough to be above Ness.
Thats all I freaking know.
Yoshi > Ness.
End of Story.
Period.
Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars.
Put Yoshi above Ness.

Edited because I failed SOOO hard. Now I dont.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I did it on purpose. It's easy to tell what EL is doing. >_> sarcasm much?
I'm one of the worst people to detect sarcasm on internetz.

...How was my post intended to start drama? It was a playful pun on the words he chose.

I knew all of that in any case.

I'm pretty sure bigman knew too. EDIT: ^And indeed, it is so.

Don't know about fox.
No, I was talking about Emblem Lord's post.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Daft Punk is an actual band. Can't compare them.

This is a fighting game song remix and a **** good one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom