• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think they are wasting their time. They are focusing too much on single player and they are adding useless things such as stickers. What they should be putting their time and effort into is the multiplayer aspect and that means they need to include more characters, stages, and make sure the game is balanced.

You tell it like it is. This **** is just ********..

Blackadder

Smash Master
How are they wasting there time?
There just like trophies, and I doubt this takes much time to programme.

I'm not into these things really, but I woulden't lable it as THAT bad. Just gimick bad.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I must disagree about their added time on single player. I am glad they are spending more time on single player, because I don't play Smash Bros. with too many people because my gamer friends are more into first person shooters, and they don't have much interest in this franchise. So most of the time, I play Smash Bros. alone.

I am glad they are adding more to the single player experience, because that will give me more of a drive to play this game by myself. I do concur that stickers are at this point utterly useless, but the fact that they are spending more time on single player is not.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I think they are wasting their time. They are focusing too much on single player and they are adding useless things such as stickers. What they should be putting their time and effort into is the multiplayer aspect and that means they need to include more characters, stages, and make sure the game is balanced. Wasting time on "stickers" and other random things like coin mode or what not is wasting away some of the time that could be put into working on multiplayer.

Look at balloon fighter he isn't a playable character judging from that sticker in

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815b-l.jpg

If he were going to be a playable I would think his sticker would have to be as big as Ike's and he couldn't keep that generic form that even looks like the trophy that was in melee. I would prefer having him in over these stickers anyday.

And how will this be used as an item? Yoshi throws it which is kinda weird. I would of thought that you could attach them to your character.
this isnt gonna take away at all from multi-player this is just an extra feature its not like they arnt gonna add characters or stages cuz they figured a sticker mode is good enough, the muli player will be better than melee and u can be assured that there will be tons of characters, the sticker itself its not exactly and item but a colectable lastley i dont think yoshi threw the stick but is gonna catch it instead

Blackadder

Smash Master
I must disagree about their added time on single player. I am glad they are spending more time on single player, because I don't play Smash Bros. with too many people because my gamer friends are more into first person shooters, and they don't have much interest in this franchise. So most of the time, I play Smash Bros. alone.

I am glad they are adding more to the single player experience, because that will give me more of a drive to play this game by myself. I do concur that stickers are at this point utterly useless, but the fact that they are spending more time on single player is not.
Well said.
And once again why I say that they're just "Gimick bad".
I lable so many things in Brawl gimicks, but look at it from a marketing
perspective, and much of it is. Bad gimicks.
I know I complain a lot guys, but hell, Sakurai is a buisness man.
He insn't listening to you about Toad and Tom Nook, he isn't making this game coz it'll make millions happy a few weeks, he is making it so this Christmas everyone will go off and buy Smash Brawl, and he leaves his golden mansion with an extra buck.

Get used to dissapointments, awsomness, and gimicks guys.
It's all part of the ride.

I needed to get that out, FAST! XD

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Well said.
And once again why I say that they're just "Gimick bad".
I lable so many things in Brawl gimicks, but look at it from a marketing
perspective, and much of it is. Bad gimicks.
I know I complain a lot guys, but hell, Sakurai is a buisness man.
He insn't listening to you about Toad and Tom Nook, he isn't making this game coz it'll make millions happy a few weeks, he is making it so this Christmas everyone will go off and buy Smash Brawl, and he leaves his golden mansion with an extra buck.

Get used to dissapointments, awsomness, and gimicks guys.
It's all part of the ride.

I needed to get that out, FAST! XD
Sakurai is a genius. I'm just thankful updates are coming out.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I like the idea, it will add a fun new element to the game and if trophies are returning all the better

Blackadder

Smash Master
Sakurai is a genius. I'm just thankful updates are coming out.
I am thankfull.
Extreemly thankfull.

And yeah, the man is a genius.
But as I said, he isn't here to keep ya'll happy with EVERY **** whim you have.
Tom Nook, toad, all that stuff. If they are AT's, it's not a good reason to hate Brawl.
I'm just saying, this game will not be perfect, but you guys seem to have your hopes up so high you can see God.
I know I come off a cynical a lot, but I'm just keeping a sense of..well, sense on me. I'm waiting for the game to be awesome, but not perfect.

I still say stickers smell bad.
Trophies are better.
M I RITE >_>

Edit:
I got a good second opinion, and while I stilluphold that you guys have your hopes a little to high in the sky, I will say thaT Sakurai IS a nice guy, and does care for his fans. Just that he isn'tcatering to our whims.

...and he likes gimicks.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, lets all just stop whining that the updates "aren't good enough." Like Oni Shinigami said, we should count our blessings and thank the game gods that Saukurai isn't just leaving us in the dark until a month before the release. Actually, I think its very smart of him to keep whetting our appetites for brawl every day, so he can mantain interest in it. Think about it, whether the update is good or bad, here we all are, talking about it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I am thankfull for the updates. Really I am. Extremely thankfull. No updates in themselves suck, just some of the ideas really. I dislike stickers. I think it's a gimick, and that's just what I think.

Anyways, I'm sick of all this.

Predictions for tommorow anywone?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Stage tomorrow, we're overdue for one maybe pokemon stadium?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I say tonight will be a How to Play update because the How to Play section is one of the most seldom heard of and we just got a Game Mode update which is another section that is seldom updated. But, from the Pokemon Trainer update, anything is possible lol

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
on the prediction thread, i guessed How to Play > Sheilding

Edit: Wait...this is the prediction thread.......i meant the contest thread XD

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
It's getting more and more impossible, but whatever, I'm gonna play my first one safe and say a stage.

But I think he's expecting us to expect Pokemon Stadium, so I won't be surprised if it's a totally different stage.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
Im gona go with everyone else and put my bets on a stage.
But maybe (fingers crossed) their lining up for something? Maybe a new video, could be why they are trying to get out a few new characters at the same time.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hate this, when I finnaly find this thread (I haven't been looking, but still, i found it) My school starts up, and I can't stay up late to find the update.

Oh well, I am betting on something we know 2 days in a row, the pokemon trainer was a pretty big update, I don't see any good ones coming for a while.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^wouldn't really think that, after all Sakurai is very unpredictable when it comes to putting updates, next thing you know he might shock us all with another character(Sonic) or game mode

M.K

Level 55
****, sometimes I can't check the update in the morning before school, and as you know, school doesn't allow game sites to show up. I usually end up VAGUELY writing something like "SSBB Update" and then the Date. It never works actually, except for the Subspace Emissary (o_0).

Does anyone know what i can type in to find out the update AND avoid breaking school rules?

goodkid

Smash Lord
Sakurai could give us:

1. Something unpredictable, no stage or how to play, another AT, character, or game mode

2. Give us what we want(stage, how to play) so he can fool us all of next week.

I don't think a stage will happen, everyone thinks a stage, and he will do the unpredictable.

I still think Sakurai and his team stalk this site so they can put up something unpredictable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sakurai could give us:

1. Something unpredictable, no stage or how to play, another AT, character, or game mode

2. Give us what we want(stage, how to play) so he can fool us all of next week.

I don't think a stage will happen, everyone thinks a stage, and he will do the unpredictable.

I still think Sakurai and his team stalk this site so they can put up something unpredictable.
lol... it really makes you wonder sometimes.

Imagine if Sakurai saw the Red topic... XD

Anyways I'm going to have to go with the stage too, as said above it's going to have to happen someday!

Top Bottom