• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
They need to profile Capt. Falcon, Ness and/or Lucas, Peach, an Animal Crossing char, Metaknight and Snake soon. =/ All i really care about are the newcomers and veteran characters. Im curious. Stages too some what.

LOL.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'll be honest that I have no idea what to expect tonight. It could really be anything. I'd dig on some Special Moves, though.

Thursday and Friday, I anticipate a stage (perhaps Stadium) and a veteran, respectively. Just a hunch.

Weed

Smash Lord
That just gave me an idea..
What about walljump the walls?
There could be little targets on certain wall spots scattered everywhere and you just have to walljump off of them...I'm sure it would be great practice

Thoughts?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I have a dreaded feeling guys...

How2play time today. I can feel it.

If it's crawling, I'm cool with it. Sheilding, same deal. But...if it's how to walk...

GRRRRRRR.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
That just gave me an idea..
What about walljump the walls?
There could be little targets on certain wall spots scattered everywhere and you just have to walljump off of them...I'm sure it would be great practice

Thoughts?
Would be okay... but not every character can wall jump.

Maybe if they make the characters who can, have some sideways platforms in their BtP stages that you have to wall jump off of. That could work. Could make certain ones you'd need to footstool off of too.

Weed

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, never thought that through..
Make every character be able to walljump...nah..too many possibilities..

3 minutes...I'm dying to see what unexpected update we have ourselves tonight

Talendime

Smash Ace
I guess that answers the question about Trophies...
How incredibly lame and disappointing....

Blackadder

Smash Master
Oh wow.
Stickers.

Cute additon, but I have ONE fear.

See the Pinta pic? Les' all sit back on whatch the fanboys start up with him being semi-confirmed now, shall we? XD

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I wouldn't say it's disappointing... then again I love collecting things... you oughta see my useless pokemon card collection...

Hey, I didn't notice my favorite character from Thousand Year Door... RAWK HAWK!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Something really upset me... Toad is not as big as Kirby or Ike... Could that mean he's not a playable character?
...and that's bad becaussssse?

XD

I hate toad as a playable character. Just silly.
But still..with these stickers...does anyone really care?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sakarui follows Murphy's law in my opinion (Not really...)

If you hope for a character update = He will give a how to play update (EX: Sonic? = How to Jump)
If you doubt a character update = He will give a character or Assist trophy update (EX: Megaman... = Megaman playable or Zero as an assist)
If you hope for an item update = You will get a stage update (Hammer? = Mushroom Kingdom)
If you doubt an item update = You will get an item update (Mushroom... = Mushroom)
If you hope for a how to play update = You will get an assist trophy update (Wavedashing? = Gooey)
If you doubt a how to play update = You will get a how to play update (Grab... = Grab)
If you hope for a music update = You will get a character update. (Delfino Island music = Bowser Jr.)
If you doubt a music update = You will get a music update (Fire Emblem music... = Fire Emblem music)

Okay not really, but it would be weird. All i would have to do is doubt Sonic is updated.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Something really upset me... Toad is not as big as Kirby or Ike... Could that mean he's not a playable character?
He's just a smaller char than them, if it were Pichu, he wouldn't be the same height as Roy!

Oh wow.
Stickers.

Cute additon, but I have ONE fear.

See the Pinta pic? Les' all sit back on whatch the fanboys start up with him being semi-confirmed now, shall we? XD
You're right....TOAD CONFIRMED XO

!!!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not necessarily. He's about the same size as the Wario sticker; both Toad and Wario are smaller than Samurai Goro, a confirmed AT. Don't take this as a sign of confirmation nor deconfirmation: just enjoy seeing proof that Sakurai has not forgotten about our lovable 'shroom. :grin:

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is actually pretty cool not exactly the sticker idea but in the screenshots there are abunch of ddiffrent charactersi even spot a characer from paper mario(intresting) also i dont think this replaces trophies he said "their easier to get a hold of than trophies" so i think there still trophies but these stickers might be rewards for more minor things like breaking a record or sumthing

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, since there are Assist Trophies and the characters themselves ARE trophies, I hope they stay.

Also, since he mentioned taking screenshots, I hope Camera mode's still in. Kind of a bad replacement, huh?

Weed

Smash Lord
It says you earn them for doing stuff...
Yet it shows Yoshi about to grab one in-game

...contradictory?

Blackadder

Smash Master
It says you earn them for doing stuff...
Yet it shows Yoshi about to grab one in-game

...contradictory?
Nah, just Sakurai.
There are prolly ones lying around in adventure mode.
Just to add yet another gimick to the game.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah this just a cool little feature, btw anyone notic how yoshis eys are focused on the falling sticker icoulod this just be an animation for when u get the sticker or do the characters eyes actuallly focus in on stuff ( like move and look around sorta like windwaker)

Talendime

Smash Ace
yeah this just a cool little feature, btw anyone notic how yoshis eys are focused on the falling sticker icoulod this just be an animation for when u get the sticker or do the characters eyes actuallly focus in on stuff ( like move and look around sorta like windwaker)
That was an added feature people have been talking about for quite a while. Apparently characters make eye contact with eachother as well.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
So far it seems like a useless little gimmick. At least in Melee, trophies had descriptions of the character along with their origins. I just hope the stickers prove more useful than what they are letting on.

nuro

Smash Lord
I think they are wasting their time. They are focusing too much on single player and they are adding useless things such as stickers. What they should be putting their time and effort into is the multiplayer aspect and that means they need to include more characters, stages, and make sure the game is balanced. Wasting time on "stickers" and other random things like coin mode or what not is wasting away some of the time that could be put into working on multiplayer.

Look at balloon fighter he isn't a playable character judging from that sticker in

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815b-l.jpg

If he were going to be a playable I would think his sticker would have to be as big as Ike's and he couldn't keep that generic form that even looks like the trophy that was in melee. I would prefer having him in over these stickers anyday.

And how will this be used as an item? Yoshi throws it which is kinda weird. I would of thought that you could attach them to your character.

Top Bottom