• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

clowsui

Smash Legend
actually everyone should expect falco from me at this point, i'm making it a goal to go 80% falco in bracket (the 20% reserved for dumb **** like falco dittos, sheik, ics, maybe marth if i get tired of it, olimar until i learn how to use falco against him, and pikachu)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So I might as well assume the two sets I beat Blue Rogue in at Step Yo Game Up 9 to be null and void then, since people will "forget" about it come PR update time...right? xP

Two victorious sets against the 6th place PRanker and a 1st place finish are valuable darnit, don't forget 'em! lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I did...I'm so ashamed... T.T

Only for lame Peach matchups though like Falco if I don't feel like playing them

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So far I have been going all Peach. I have yet to go MK in tourney at all.

I guess I forgot to mention that was just a consideration... xD

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The only thing I really disagree with is Kel's placing. But with this many great players it gets hard to rank them. Good **** to everyone. Especially Infern and King Beef for stepping their games up.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We all have personal bias, from my perspective I see this since sept (brackets only):

1.) Infern Angelis - 0-2 (all time 3-2)
2.) Kel (Cincinnati) - 3-0 (all time I think 6-1)
3.) AlphaZealot
4.) Y.b.M. 4-1 (all time I think 8-1)
5.) Overswarm 2-0 (all time I think 3-5)
6.) Blue Rogue 1-1 (all time 2-1)
7.) Fonz 2-0 (all time 3-0)
8.) Capem 3-0 (all time I think 6-0)
9.) Nope 1-0 (all time I think 5-2)
10.) King Beef 1-0 (all time 1-0, though 0-2 in pools vs KB)
Champ 2 or 3-0 (all time...7-0ish)
DJ Iskascribble 1-0 (all time 2 or 3-0)
Lou 1-0 (I think it was bracket we played possibly pools so maybe just 0-0)
Smash64 0-0 (all time I think 1-0? though counting brackets 1-1)
Wakka 0-0

The biggest problem I have is typically making it deep in winners which means I get to play 2-4 less games then people I knock to losers in like winners round 2 so the p v p stats don't look that impressive.

Kel

Smash Master
Right, but the last time we played was the God Kai tournament that was on the first weekend of October. I wanted my revenge but you didn't go to any other tournaments for 3 months after that.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
all that should count are things that happened within the past month anyway. right?

All I can say is this month list is up. We see where we are so just try hard and aim at the next month update. We could just sit here and keeping complaining at the same list for awhile but honestly, where is that gonna get ya?

Kel

Smash Master
all that should count are things that happened within the past month anyway. right?
Nope, in my opinion it should be overall career that makes up a power ranking's list.

If you're asking what the methodology is for creating the lists though; it's the last 3 months of tournaments placings. The last month holds the most weight. Supposedly it's not where you place, but who you beat.

No one is actually sure though, so I could be wrong...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You probably weren't being specific enough. AZ has clearly gone to tournaments in the past three months; you just didn't go to any of the same ones.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kel said:
Right, but the last time we played was the God Kai tournament that was on the first weekend of October. I wanted my revenge but you didn't go to any other tournaments for 3 months after that.
AlphaZealot said:
Kel I went to SBIV, OC Champs, WaB V, and a Christmas C3 in MD.
I guess I should have quoted that.

Kel

Smash Master
Ankoku saves the day again!

but, come on AZ. One tournament was 7 hours away, one was on the same day as a regional event AND you capped the entrants to 24, The other was in October. It's been a looooooong time since we've played.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Everyone on the PR, be prepared for MMs from me. I need to start recording my matches and I just got a new camera for christmas. So yeah. $1 MM for everyone on the top 10 (11?).

Framerate

Smash Lord
I wish I was good enough for people to give me free money. :(
I dunno if you're referring to my post, but just because I play a low tier does not mean I'm an easy win. I've taken games off of more than one of the top 10.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
lol fonz youre clearly jealous of sils slaying abilities =P
Wakka when you get back you have to challenge me and champ for best Diddy in the house. We have taken over the Throne. Until then your shenanigans and lies mean nothing! Nothing I say!

10lolzatWakkasDiddy<3

wakka444

Smash Ace
lol sad attempts trying to recreate the diddy sensation known as Wakka

i will gladly take my throne from you two just as i did to warfie =)

Top Bottom