• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I have never timed anyone out or been timed out. I honestly don't think I have had a match go more than 6 minutes in either game either. I dare anyone to try to time me out.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Sad confession, a good portion of my melee matches take as long as most of my brawl matches, (5-6 minutes).

I don't understand how a timeout happens in doubles either unless you're playing on a really janky stage, or it's 2 v 1 and the person who is 1 refuses to get off the ledge and just loses. Only thing I could think of on a legit stage is some of the transformations on ps1 with overly defensive players without projectiles.

Scythe

Smash Master
my only time out happened in doubles LOL
yeah that was strange. For anyone who doesn't know. Norm and I were doing the anubis strat (which is MK planking while Lucario does 2 v1 LOL) at a tourney in Iowa when we came up against Yoshq and Fino(luigi, olimar). It went to game 3 and at the end it was just us two vs luigi.

Yoshq proceeded to plank us back and then norm somehow died. So it was just the two of us left with 2 minutes left and I had like a 50% lead. For whatever reason Fino kept telling Yosh to wait out the timer and he did. He then tried to get us DQ'd for going over the ledge limit but Yoshq was also over the limit for the ledgegrabs he did in the last 2 mins.

Strangest set ever.

Arty

Smash Lord
I'm the same way Rob, lol probably cause of Samus though

And that doubles match was awesome, although Diego and Norm shouldve lost since they let a planking Luigi time them out!!

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm the same way Rob, lol probably cause of Samus though

And that doubles match was awesome, although Diego and Norm shouldve lost since they let a planking Luigi time them out!!
norm somehow got gimped by him

/facepalm

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Sad confession, a good portion of my melee matches take as long as most of my brawl matches, (5-6 minutes).

I don't understand how a timeout happens in doubles either unless you're playing on a really janky stage, or it's 2 v 1 and the person who is 1 refuses to get off the ledge and just loses. Only thing I could think of on a legit stage is some of the transformations on ps1 with overly defensive players without projectiles.
That's because you just run away and shoot lasers with Fox. -_-

Kirk

Smash Champion
So just a heads up, gonna have another smashfest at my place next Friday the 19th...starts at 5pm at lasts until whenever the **** you want.

In other news, I could use some smash this weekend too...WHAT A DILEMMA!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oreo will be staying with me in champaign until he becomes financially stable

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I said no more competitive Brawl! I'll still join in a doubles game and have some fun!
No Vare? Oh, ok! No Sonics in IL! Although if Excel comes in...Nah, he wouldn't time anyone out! Right!? RIGHT!? ...Right...?

Ok, Barns, since you REALLY want to know!! I tore the tendons in both the outsides of my feet because I was walking, running, and jumping off jungle gyms a lot on a Tuesday night. Worse yet, the shoes I was wearing I found out that they were shot. No shock resistance so my feet were taking one heck of a beating. Walking has been a ----- ever since. Nothing but pain. Worse yet, I wasn't given a walking stick or boots to help. Just told "it'll take (from this day I write this and on) 7-11 days to heal. You'll be fine." Which that phrase is just a professional way of saying, "Get over it."

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Ok, Barns, since you REALLY want to know!! I tore the tendons in both the outsides of my feet because I was walking, running, and jumping off jungle gyms a lot on a Tuesday night.
Don 't censor dodge.

~ Red Ryu

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered that I had the weirdest dream last night. For some reason I was in a brawl tournament, but I was playing as Peach and MK. I was winning too, and then I started trolling with Peach and then when I won, people were super johning. So weird.

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
Ok, Barns, since you REALLY want to know!! I tore the tendons in both the outsides of my feet because I was walking, running, and jumping off jungle gyms a lot on a Tuesday night. Worse yet, the shoes I was wearing I found out that they were shot. No shock resistance so my feet were taking one heck of a beating. Walking has been a ----- ever since. Nothing but pain. Worse yet, I wasn't given a walking stick or boots to help. Just told "it'll take (from this day I write this and on) 7-11 days to heal. You'll be fine." Which that phrase is just a professional way of saying, "Get over it."
Lord Almighty that's painful. Keep off your feet as much as you can.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
It is. Although today is the first day (4th of my injury) to not have "OH MY GOD, F---ING GOD DAMMIT SON OF A B----" pain. So that must mean I'm on the road to recovery!

Sucks that I can't work out though. Gonna have to start over my conditioning again. QQ.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
You can still work out without having to use your feet. Just work on your core, arms, shoulders, etc. If it sucks to stand up, pushups, pull-ups, crunches, butterfly sit-ups, planks etc are all doable and will help you keep somewhat in shape. I highly doubt you tore some tendons though if it's going to take a week to heal in all honesty.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
They probably think he's being a drama queen.

And I mean, well......

Top Bottom