• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah uh Infern and I got $2 greyhound express tix to Chicago. We'll be there from March 9 - March 13.

We need housing from the 10th to 13th (AKA housing for three nights). We'll pay housing fees if necessary. Preferably your place would be near a CTA station and we wouldn't bother you for most of the day + we take up little space. We would also need a ride to Cyber Arena for EoL3.

We are good Brawl practice too =B and Infern goes hard on the partying so if that's what you like xP

I've texted Akashi/Arty/Oro/DLA/Sago about this...if none of you guys offer housing then I guess we're not coming, lol ($4 lost oh well)

Akashi

Smash Lord
Yeah uh Infern and I got $2 greyhound express tix to Chicago. We'll be there from March 9 - March 13.

We need housing from the 10th to 13th (AKA housing for three nights). We'll pay housing fees if necessary. Preferably your place would be near a CTA station and we wouldn't bother you for most of the day + we take up little space. We would also need a ride to Cyber Arena for EoL3.

We are good Brawl practice too =B and Infern goes hard on the partying so if that's what you like xP

I've texted Akashi/Arty/Oro/DLA/Sago about this...if none of you guys offer housing then I guess we're not coming, lol ($4 lost oh well)
Maybe Kappy and TWSS can help you out with that. I don't want to offer their place for obvious reasons, but if they can assist you then you'll be close to Melinda and myself (like 10mins by foot), and you'll be a min walk from a CTA line.

Quik17

Smash Ace
ggs Xyless, I have class in a few so I had to leave.

That Hulk is scary!

Edit: X-Factor Sent is gayyyyyyyy

Scythe

Smash Master
you can't buy your way to the top!!

edit: also what happens to someone when they don't show up to an event.

do they just get passed up?

clowsui

Smash Legend
So unless I interpreted his text wrong or something happens, Infern and I are staying with the one and only SagoliciousSoDelicious AKA Samuel G-sus for our fun times in Chicago. We'll be making it to Cyber Arena too.

Hope to see you all there :) Hype!

Also Sago once you read this, if we're staying with you could you please PM me your address? Thanks <3

EDIT: Actually, Sago, could we stay at your place on the 9th too? LOL sudden change of plans by my parents

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I got Ike, he's cool still wish I got other people in the vending machine.

AiB has a good choice in card pics and art to go with them.

Arty

Smash Lord
I AM THE LAW!

But dropping out for missing an event seems a little unfair.

But multiple events? Don't be thinkin you can not show up to events and hold on to your wolfpack spot forever SmashKing!!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Will trade Failco for Lucy. That's right, bringin the AiB TCG to SWF. Get at me.

@Scythe - The rules clearly state that you can only challenge the person directly above you. If they're not there, well tough **** :p

Sago

Smash Lord
at clowsui- this isent 100% yet because i forgot my brother got tickets to a comedy show in madison that i might have to go to.

Theres also the slight possibilty ill be in milwaukee for other personal reasons.

I'd say theres a 70% chance right now. Ill text you to let you know tomorrow.

Also for MAS this weekend. I guess arthur cant go so im driving :(

Scythe.
Kain
(get auto dibs)
so i have 2 spots left i believe.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I heard I don't live in Illinois or something like that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
southern Il is St.louis. tournaments all the time!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So then wouldn't it make sense for you to be added to the MO PR if they had one? There is no way to compare you even if you were winning tourneys because you wouldn't be playing anyone on the current IL PR.

How does it make sense to have it be say...
4)Kirk
5)Ripple
6)Kappy
(just made up rankings not how I feel they should be or have anything to do with players skill levels.)

if you have never played either Kappy or Kirk in the last couple PR updates? Without being able to judge you against current IL players, we wouldn't be able to accurately place you.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
The same reason I've been repeatedly told that I'm never going to be considered for IL's PR despite going to nearly every IL tournament and travel to OoS tournaments with Chicago. The last rule listed on the mission statement. At this point, however, if you're not willing to include Ripple with his notable **** just because he doesn't compete directly with others on the PR, you might as well just call it the Chicagoland PR and include me.

Arty

Smash Lord
What we've done in the past was take Ripples/Chewyys/others wins and losses into account and compare them to Northern IL and ranked them based off that. For the most part it was pretty accurate except it was sometimes hard to rank Chewyy.

We'll definitely talk about what to do about Southern IL in the next update.

Top Bottom