• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
You need to make the next PR Chicago/Wisconsin combined

ChiWI.

give S IL to MO lol

real talk, i think wisconsin brawl attendance would go up if we got a PR again

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
real talk, i think wisconsin brawl attendance would go up if we got a PR again
Yeah I know everyone in WI wants a PR, that's why the last WI PR thread died. Because they wanted to do it so badly.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Kenni said:
only kaukauna didnt want a pr

everyone else did

it only died because it was run by kaukauna
You don't need a PR because we can count the # of people from WI (that are regulars) on our hands. We don't need to know who is better than who because you guys consistently place the same. WIL PR will never happen.

edit: The only reason we have 6 ppl on the PR is because of our lack of tourneys. Look at how many tourneys we have going this season. I can already name a 1~10 PR AND HM based on results alone, and I can already think of a few players who haven't been on the PR in awhile making an appearance.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
No. PRs are state only. If we get into discussions on our state and who's good, I don't want WI involved. No. 100 times no. This will never happen. No. No. No. No. No.
INKY and MD/VA say hi.

Also, your opinion =/= fact. Stop acting like it does, please.

Akashi

Smash Lord
INKY and MD/VA say hi.

Also, your opinion =/= fact. Stop acting like it does, please.
I never act as if my opinion is fact, but I will defend what has been going on for a long time because I feel it's justified. MD/VA have a TON of players, and they're incredibly stacked. They have their own reason to combine PRs. INKY is stacked in terms of skill, but not really people.

If we add WI to our PR... first off, who will really want it? Grimace, Marshall and Yoshq have all expressed that they don't like the idea. Red Ryu has said that he doesn't like the idea either, but he may have changed his mind about it so I don't want to put words in his mouth. I don't know what Sponge thinks, but that's pretty much WI (sorry if I'm forgetting someone). I honestly feel Kenni just wants a PR so he can stroke his own ego and troll AiB more, and imo that's not a good enough reason to add in more panelists and more drama (hi2usouthernbrawlers).

Why do you want it?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
We're considered WI/IL by pretty much everyone including ourselves, so why not have a joint PR? Who cares if Kenni is a PR *****? Ignore him. The only tournaments we really have around here aren't even in our state, they're in WI. We're practically the same state smash wise. Kennispam is a stupid reason to not combine PR's, especially when Southern IL has pretty much died out.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You need to ask the rest of WI what their opinions are then, Tano, instead of just saying NO and trying to end it there. Arty said he has no problems with it at this point, Drew has always wanted to merge, and I have no problems with it. That's 3 out of 4 people I've talked to on the PR panel for the merging of the states. Now lets get WI's opinion besides Kenni, because we already know his, and actually see if we should merge or not.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Hunger=no
Fatboy=no
Wafles=no
Grimace=idr but most likely no
Yoshq=yes as long as im not on it iirc ;I
Red ryu=doesnt mind as long as hes not on it
jordan=yes
me=herp

saving you the time

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kenni should know better than to flame people when I'm a mod who visits here.

Although he is correct, I don't care too much about where I am personally ranked more so if it helps people want to get better.

Arty

Smash Lord
I said I was undecided. I used to be heavily against it, but now with Southern IL pretty much becoming nonexistant, i'm not sure.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
***** u crazy count chocula is so *** i dont even see them sell it in stores anymore. ASSSSSSSSSSSS

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hold it, I never said I hated the idea Akashi, I liked it. I didn't care if people rejected it because IL PR belongs to IL and I want to respect that if IL doesn't want to do it.

It's IL's not WI's.

I personally don;t care if I am personally listed on PRs, while I do want to get good and list is accurate so people wanted to improve.

When Waukesha had quirks with it it's list when we had enough people whenever there was a disagreement I said just put me lower because I didn't want to be centered around an argument about who is better. I didn't care and I didn't want to start Drama, only time I cared is when it was bluntly obvious I was better than someone.

Another reason why making WI PR is hard is because WI hates Brawl and loves Melee. Not joking Melee numbers I think are almost 3 times the amount of Wisconsin regular Brawl players.

Here is what I am saying, you can decide if you guys want to, and I'll respect any decision you guys make, and really will be fine with any outcome. I just don't want Drama attached with it, or for it to get super personal.

Also I'll make a PR for WI for the seven at most people who go to tournaments still, if Kaukauna won't do it I will. This is assuming IL doesn't do a joint and I'll wait and see about it.

So yeah lets not turn this into drama or something of a pissing match about being added or not, I just want to play this game and get good at it, lol.

:glasses:

Akashi

Smash Lord
Red Ryu said:
Hold it, I never said I hated the idea Akashi, I liked it. I didn't care if people rejected it because IL PR belongs to IL and I want to respect that if IL doesn't want to do it.
Sorry, and yeah that's why I added that I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, to anyone who thinks this is drama - it really isn't to me. I'm not offended at what anyone says, and so long as it just stays a "conflict", I'll listen and formulate a respectful reply back.

I'm being dead serious when I say I can count the times each of you have made me upset to the point where I was legitimately angry. It's VERY hard to take away my cool demeanor xD, so by all means... if Zwarm or anyone else would like to argue that the PR should be WIL, then go for it.

This isn't a "We're chillinois <3" post, this is Akashi-is-laid-back-real-talk post. ;o

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Frosted Cheerios are a close second to Lucky Charms.

so basically it seems like everyone who has voiced their opinions on the joint PR either wants it or doesn't care. You're the only active person against it, Akashi. Give me a better reason besides Kennispam to not make a WI/IL PR, or it looks like it might happen.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
OMG FROSTED CHEERIOS!!! where the hell do they sell those?!?1

AND LOL KENNI U POSTING CEREALS THAT ARE ****N DEAD OR DONT EVEN EXIST NO MORE

Top Bottom