• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
wow that was alot of posts about this.

My opinion- We wouldn't be able to have an accurate WIL PR because fatboy, grimace and hunger are almost inactive. They go to less than a tourney a month. They wouldn't even get on the PR and then the PR would make WI look bad.

Edit: oh yeah and the obligatory this thread sucks and LOL at Tom's post. too good

hunger!

Smash Champion
not enough players to make a correct pr if you ask me. And if this lil merger does happen. Kaukauna would be on inactive list for sure or just not be on it at all. which w/e, have fun.

Back on the right topic:

GG NOOBS!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Chicagoland doesn't mean IL+WI, it means the general Chicago area, which consists of southeastern WI, northeastern IL (Chicago+Naperville and the surrounding suburbs, really) and northwestern IN. Kaukauna is far too north to be considered this, and IN's scene isn't really focused on the it's western border.

It IS an actual term, I'm not making **** up :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
We've talked about combining it in the past, Kenni, we just decided to talk about it again because southern IL is basically nonexistent now, and you brought it up. Don't act like you trolled us into this.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Southern IL host a tournament with $1500 in prizes, and WI/Chicago refuses to come.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Remember the last tournament where there was a static prize for the winner, Best of the Midwest or whatever, where the dude running it was a known con artist and was arrested for it not too long ago? Just saying.
Static payouts are never a good thing.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I wasn't sure if this place even existed, but more delving into it shows that this place is a REAL business, lol.
You guys have obviously never been to a Southern IL touranment.

The tournament is real, and the prizes probably are too lol

King~

Smash Champion
i wanted to say not every guranteed payout is false lol, just cause yall had one bad experience shouldnt like ruin guranteed payouts

jus sayin

EDIT: not 100% sold either way on this one since its guranteed $1,500 but if we go by what they have in the OP its only $450. idk i didnt read that much

SothE700k

Smash Lord
It just means you should start doing research on the people hosting it (if the person is unknown).

I remember going to an Indiana tournament with Ook, Arty, and DLA. It was all good, having fun, etc etc. Suddenly we hear, "Turn your games off. NOW. EVERYONE, NOW." To enforce that they were serious, they were even doing forced shut offs with wiis, even unpluging them! We found out that someone had stolen around $40 from someone's bag (whoever left their bag around like that was an idiot though). Everybody was forced to stay upstairs like we were prisoners.

The things people will do at places like these.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
in the next update, don't bother to include me. I'm stateless

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I am a plague! I am a disease! Nobody can be spared from my wrath! I spare not the innocent! I bring only pain and despair!

I am... Dajayman!

King~

Smash Champion
as last minute as i could possibly be, are there any spots open for a carpool to M.A.S tommrow lol

im just asking incase there is, im not expecting there to be an opening

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
It just means you should start doing research on the people hosting it (if the person is unknown).

I remember going to an Indiana tournament with Ook, Arty, and DLA. It was all good, having fun, etc etc. Suddenly we hear, "Turn your games off. NOW. EVERYONE, NOW." To enforce that they were serious, they were even doing forced shut offs with wiis, even unpluging them! We found out that someone had stolen around $40 from someone's bag (whoever left their bag around like that was an idiot though). Everybody was forced to stay upstairs like we were prisoners.

The things people will do at places like these.
Except that all the stuff was in one room that was offlimits and some ******* went in that room and stole a wallet.

I'm sorry we wanted to find their wallet!
That's so wrong.

Top Bottom