• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol he plays Ganon.. every character is a bad match up.

Maybe he meant this M.A.S?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9227806#post9227806

Where he beat Swany and Koose? (They also both got dead last place). His losses in this one were legit though. Quik and Sago.

DLA hasn't beat anyone note worthy to get his "good placings that I couldn't do".

The two tournaments we both went to:
Indian: I placed 1 spot higher. I beat him in bracket. I placed higher in pools. I placed higher in teams.
Joker's: We placed even. I placed higher in pools. I placed higher in teams.
First of all... I meant the MAS that Quik linked.

As for the tournament you listed... Swany and Koose got last in the BRACKETS. Because I beat them lol. If I won, there was nowhere else they could go but 17th, since I got 13th.

Also, both of my pools were much more difficult than yours. I didn't even DO teams in either tournament, so you didn't place higher than me. That just leaves singles results... and the only tournament you placed higher than me was indiana, where I had to fight the spammiest metaknight in the midwest, and then Ohio's best ice climbers (a 0:100 matchup, and I still managed to take a game off).

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Pools and Teams should have nothing to do with the PR.
Well to Zoze, they are important, just like friendlies!

Zoze, I've beaten Arty before too, and it's a bad matchup for ROB, like 60:40 or possibly worse if the Falco plays gay. It doesn't prove anything, he would still probably run right through you in crews. From what I've seen, Arty practically goes into tournament mode for crews. XD

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I hope your post was directed at me...

Are you still going on Saturday? You should come get me :D I have gas money~~~ Plus champaign is only 30 minutes out of the way somehow
I sure want to. I wanna bring Surjan along and figure out how to get there somehow...

I thought Zoze was picking you up? I'd be willing to get you if need be (anyone else from Champaign going?).

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Considering you're below a Ganondorf on the PR, I wouldn't get my hopes up
I'm not even honorable mention, lol.

Is Kain still looking for a ride to this? I have room if he is willing to meet us at Depaul again.
If he is rideless this will be great then.

chewyy

Smash Ace
I sure want to. I wanna bring Surjan along and figure out how to get there somehow...

I thought Zoze was picking you up? I'd be willing to get you if need be (anyone else from Champaign going?).
I don't think Zoze is picking me up due to monetary problems... (Zoze confirm?) Plus some other tournament is like 6 hours closer to him, so it makes sense.

And yeah, I don't think anyone else from champaign is going, but I haven't talked to anyone but deez about it... I could ask christian and there is another guy on my brother's floor that might be up for going... I'll ask him.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Who were you at that tournament Veggie? And why didn't you go by the name Veggie lol?

And there were byes in that bracket... which implies that everyone made it out of pools?

lol sorry veggie!

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
This is only sorta related, but byes in a bracket does not necessarily mean that every entrant made it out of pools.

Hope to see everyone there :) I'd wanna play you in friendlies Zoze, but we're probably gonna be in a pool with chewyy again lol (we'll play sometime)

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
i am the almighty corms! tremble before me...

don't ask how veggie/corms are related, because they're not lol :(

edit: ooo oranos is coming too, i'm looking forward to seeing all the IL people not from chicago again :)

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yeah Like Oranos said, Byes in a bracket doesn't necessarily mean that every one made it out of pools.

They could have used a 32-person bracket but only let the top 24 from Pools advance. That normally happens if they are strict on time. Normally yes, 32 person bracket means top 32 made it from pools, so seen only 24 names would make you think there were only 24 participants.

I am just giving my 2 cents. ^_^

Wafles

Smash Lord
I think he meant this tourney were he got 7th beating both Wafles and YoshQ

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257729&
He outplaced me but I don't think he beat me in bracket. I honestly don't think I've ever lost to DLA in bracket, only in pools.

I think I only played him in bracket at the one MAS I got 3rd at, I can't recall playing him in bracket any other time.

I just wanted to clear this up.

Edit: Dark Kakashi also hit the nail on the head. That tournament was a 24 man bracket, and byes were given to 1st and 2nd seeds.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Is Kain still looking for a ride to this? I have room if he is willing to meet us at Depaul again.
Okay thanks again I'll see what I can do to pay u back you always come through

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
veggikorm, you should use sheik/zelda, its much more efficient that way!
i really like to use them together, and they can also cover some of each others bad MUs

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I was going to sell one of my textbooks from last semester to get money for this touranment, but the college stopped using the textbook, so they won't buy it back. The chances of me getting to go to this are pretty low now.

After all that trash talk too :( lol

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
PR here should be like this

1.Not Zozefup
2.Not Zozefup
3.Not Zozefup
4.Not Zozefup
5.Not Zozefup
6.Not Zozefup
7.Not Zozefup
8.Not Zozefup
9.Not Zozefup
10.Not Zozefup

HM

Not Zozefup
Maybe Zozefup

Quik17

Smash Ace
Infern knows what's up!

And Zoze, you should try just selling your books on Amazon. That's what I always do. Colleges give you too little money for books anyways.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
if you get your textbooks at half.com, you really do save a lot of money. though most of the courses in my field treat them as supplementary reading.

@deez - that's silly, sheik is too complicated for my simplistic mindset that only knows the c-stick (although I will go sheik against olimar) :D

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
ftilt, bair, dacus, needles
thats sheik for you

she can rack damage so fast on like every character. 3-4 ftilts and an utilt/usmash is hella easy %s
then switch to zelda and let the cstick take over

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I woke up at 2am because I wasn't feeling good. I was wearing my g/f's pants. The conversation went like this:

"I pooped your pants. I'm sorry" -Zoze
"WHAT?!?!?!" -g/f
"I thought I had to fart... but I poo'd"
............. (5 sec pause)
"RRRAAALLLLPHH, THPT, THPT, ALALALALALALLALALLAALLA, THPT, THPT" -Zoze

I threw up all over her carpet! And i've been throwing up repeatedly for the last 8 hours or so :(. I don't think I've ever been this sick.

Cook

Smash Master
Zoze, I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, but... thanks for the new sig!

Edit: Dammit sig, show up!

Edit 2: Why won't you appear???

Edit 3: Is there some trick to it? WHAT IS WRONG?

Edit 4: **** sigs. Zoze pooped SOMEONE ELSE'S pants.

TheStig

Smash Lord
I woke up at 2am because I wasn't feeling good. I was wearing my g/f's pants. The conversation went like this:

"WHAT?!?!?!" -g/f

I threw up all over her carpet! And i've been throwing up repeatedly for the last 8 hours or so :(. I don't think I've ever been this sick.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh

"WHAT?!?!?!" -g/f

Lol I was going to say no johns, but holy ****

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I beat Zoze in grand finals with Ganon, and then he **** himself (he thought he had to fart... but he poo'd).

Then after a 5 second pause, he threw up all over Corms.

Teh Future

Smash Master

"WHAT?!?!?!" -g/f

.....................hhahhahahahhhaahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahah quoted for epicness

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I beat Zoze in grand finals with Ganon, and then he **** himself (he thought he had to fart... but he poo'd).

Then after a 5 second pause, he threw up all over Corms.
Then you realized it was only loser finals and you had to face ook in grand finals in which case you got ook'd and ook won ASC and the world was happy. <3 <3 <3

Then Grandma Lipka did the pika pika.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Umm, dude. You've made it out of pools in every tournament I've seen you in. You argue with a Ganon main about how you outplace him all the time when he usually places around 13/17th. You wouldn't be on the IL PR if you didn't make it out of pools.
You don't understand the skill level difference between MW-E and MW-W.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257999

All of those players beat me consistently. Even OH's honorable mentions would have a decent shot at #1 in IL.
Rob and I played smash 64 eight hours straight and only took off one game (due to his suicide).

DLA wouldn't beat any of those players either though.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't aware we were still part of MW:W. I thought we succeeded from them last March along with WI :chuckle:

To be fair though, our top 5 all have a good shot at being #1. I think this was mentioned awhile ago but while we have do have a mean top 5 etc, people in MW:E (more specifically OH/MI) just have more players who are closer together in skill level.

Zwarm

Smash Hero

All of those players beat me consistently. Even OH's honorable mentions would have a decent shot at #1 in IL.
Rob and I played smash 64 eight hours straight and only took off one game (due to his suicide).

You don't know that they would destroy us. I mean, I'm not that good, but I'm sure the first half of the IL PR could probably hold their own over there. I can't really argue with you, since I've never played anyone from OH. -_-

Also, why did you bring this here from the MK discussion?

P.S. anyone like my new sig? =D

hunger!

Smash Champion
MW:C's where it's at.
Midwest:Central = WI/IL awwww yeah baby.

ive always understood the skill difference from mw:w and mw:e. i've also never regognized wi/il as mw:w because quite frankly, no one comes to us and the one time they did for an amazing tourney (fbt6) all they did was biitch. i like certain people in mw:w but as a whole. i hate that region(technically my region) i've always said mw:w sucks but for you to say that honrable mentions in OH have a shot at #1 in IL is absurd. Blue rogue is the only one outside michigan that has a shot at being #1 anywhere in mw:w. sorry, but it's a fact.

*waits for OS and kel to have a huge ego and post after this even though they arent that good but ok cool w/e have fun and kel should change his smash name cause Kels has had it forever*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Smash64 is too good. He's the best Ness in the world. I'm surprised he's even in the honorable mentions. (I sense jealousy in the Ohio PR panelists...)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you just wait til' I come back as a marth/jiggly main and **** everyone's face and become #1

Top Bottom