• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
I can't believe this thread actually got worse than it was when Zozefup was trolling.

Well done Dajayman.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I must resist urges to post Peach, Sheik, and Martha hentai here.

Also Bridget hentai.
Why are you the way that you are?

I hate... so much... about the things you choose to be.

The Office ftw

chewyy

Smash Ace
Okay, here's something.

When I think of a "power ranking" I assume that the top person can beat the rest, the second person can beat everyone except the top, etc. Now that probably can't actually happen due to matchups, but I don't really think what we have going is anything like that. Here is the current criteria and mission statement.
THE OFFICIAL ILLINOIS BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

Mission Statement

To inspire Illinois smashers to get better, measure skill, reward skill development, and create a competitive atmosphere in this awesome state.

Position Criteria

+ Overall tournament performance
+ Notable players you have beaten/lost to
+ Tournament consistency
+ Must be an Illinois resident
Note that Illinois is an awesome state.

Anyway, I think that the way that we can achieve the closest thing to what I said above is only to count matches against other Illinois players and make the list from that. Although, if that's the case, there will most likely be a lot more of "I'm better than you, stfu and gtfo" and egos will be inflated. Though we're awesome, so maybe that won't happen.

We could also just make a secondary list that is what I'm talking about.

Discuss.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
We need to have a big round robin tournament in Champaign lol. Illinois is the only ones invited.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
I like that idea... No OOS people.
Champaign is like central Illinois, no more than 3 hours from anyone. Let's do it.
Ps I have played brawl twice in the past 3 months

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
We need to have a big round robin tournament in Champaign lol. Illinois is the only ones invited.
This would be pretty cool actually, I'm up for this idea. MASSIVE POOL PARTY :chuckle:

Assuming we had 40 people show up to this...5 pools of 8.

Top 4 advance making 5 pools of 4.

With the top 2 advancing from each to finally play in the pool of "top 10".
Bottom 2 of the pools of 4 could probably play in their own pool too, to see what they'd be ranked against each other as well.

I would imagine this would take forever though depending on # of setups.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not going to an IL-only tournament in champaign unless someone pays for my share in gas lol. The majority of IL smashers live within 1 hour of chicago. I think if we were to do one of these, the best compromise would be in Aurora or something.

Other than that, I guess I'd be up for it. The idea behind it is kinda petty though.

Scythe

Smash Master
DLA is just scared cause Ganon is the worst character in the game

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Petty? Ha! Brawl is petty.

I think it'd be fun, only if not-Chicago would guarantee showing up. Location would probably be an issue for some people though since as a whole we're pretty **** lazy.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol scythe must have read my AiB blog.

Guys! You should try Strawberry Crush. It's the ****. Ask Corms.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm not going to an IL-only tournament in champaign unless someone pays for my share in gas lol.
I have already have to drive 4 hours for this tournament (hour and a half farther than you).

Actually I have to drive 5 hours because I'll be leaving from my college.
And I don't have anyone to split gas with :(

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
If all active brawlers in IL went to a tournament, less time/money would be wasted by everyone overall if it was closer to Chicago.

I'm not saying that you should just deal with it... I'm just saying that it sucks that the rest of IL lives so far from Chicago. I feel for you guys :(

ook

Smash Lord
IMO Strawberry crush is pretty gross (Grape=Orange>>>>Strawberry), but at least it's better than strawberry Sunkist.
I bought a bottle of that the other day and almost couldn't finish it :urg:

Xyless

Smash Master
If all active brawlers in IL went to a tournament, less time/money would be wasted by everyone overall if it was closer to Chicago.

I'm not saying that you should just deal with it... I'm just saying that it sucks that the rest of IL lives so far from Chicago. I feel for you guys :(
Especially considering there's a lack of cars in Chicago smashers.

Top Bottom