• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol seriously Arty? Falco can go either way.

Everyone else you'll be lucky to get a stock.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
you're all scrubs. i'd $MM all of you for $20+ if i was going to this. but the talent level isnt high enough for me, so i'll stay home.
speaking of which, why am i not #1 on the PR?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol. i hate ganon. pick a different character. a "decent" one.
lol I was j/k. Wario is fine.

@Deez- Why arn't you going to this? Get to Champaign and I'll take you.

@Arty- lol Arty. Luigi is not very good....

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of work/drinking to catch up on. Plus I don't like to travel over an hour. It's highly unlikely that I'll win any money... And I'm dead broke.
I need moneyz. Y'all want some crack?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Who all is confirmed for the tournament now? M2K? Lain? Ally? Chu dat? Sago? Fatboy?

I'd really like to place and make some money at this.

ook

Smash Lord
Honestly zoze, you haven't placed at a tourney in like 8 months. If you're looking for an easy tournament to place and make some money, ASC isn't it.

But if you're looking for an awesome tourney with good players and good ice cream and plenty of opportunities to play and meet new people and get better at the game, and a very slim chance of making money, then....

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Honestly zoze, you haven't placed at a tourney in like 8 months. If you're looking for an easy tournament to place and make some money, ASC isn't it.

But if you're looking for an awesome tourney with good players and plenty of opportunities to play and meet new people and get better at the game, and a very slim chance of making money, then....

This doesn't apply to me and Low tier :p. But yea, ook you're right. :laugh:

Also, I might be pretty burned up if Kain doesn't have a ride, who helped him at MAS last time?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Who all is confirmed for the tournament now? M2K? Lain? Ally? Chu dat? Sago? Fatboy?
Anyone know?

I'll already make plenty off MMes :)

I have at least a shot to beat anyone in Chicago. But if Lain, Ally, M2K, Chu dat, Judge, Hunger, Sago, Fatboy, and others are coming, then I can pretty much forget about doing much here.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Basically what ook said. If you're lookin to make money at this tournament, it probably isn't the tourney for you unless you win a crazy amount of MMs.

Just come for the good time!
and the icecream

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
Considering you're below a Ganondorf on the PR, I wouldn't get my hopes up
honestly, as aggrevating as his arrogance can be, i agree with zozefup...
it doesnt really make sense to put him below DLA if they've placed similarly, but zoze has beaten ranked players like chewy and ripple (possibly more?)...
plus it's ganon and realistically, you cant win with ganon unless your opponent doesnt know how to camp, space, sheild, roll, hold a controller, etc. just kidding :p
although its kinda true haha.
plus everyone in IL knows the MU because if we dont we know that DLA will embarass us because he's crazy good. he definitely deserves to be ranked, he places well and is a great player, and a really cool guy, but it is a little unfair that zoze is below him... or that i was below him on the last PR for that matter... i beat BC, ook, and ripple, and beat chewy in a few sets.

there is a lot of chicago bias here, but i dont care enough to complain.
oh wait, i just complained...

we need to do a chicago vs the rest of IL crew battle to settle this shiz.

and stig is **** but he's ghey and only plays wifi :)

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
lowly peons challenging the great chicago dynasty? well I guess if suppressed enough, a revolt is expected. /chicago bias :)

arty, quik, kain, ook, akashi, kirk, and DLAAAAA (alts: meneil, box7, scythe)
vs
chewy, zozefup, deez, bc, rob gambino, ripple, and stig

this probably will never happen though, it's like impossible to see all these players at once.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
i feel like arty would **** all of us...
well i guess he cant handle my mario XD

but that would be a lot of fun. it would be really hard to get both crews together though... since lots of us dont like to travel much... plus ripple and BC quit, i'm barely active and kain is ridiculous.

if you all come to the champaign tournament this can happen! hype it up before i secure a venue or set a date so i can disappoint you all like i did last year :(
chewyy, you're going to have to take the reigns man... im lazy and inconsistent

Quik17

Smash Ace
You better practice up Deez, so I don't **** your Diddy with my scrub MK again :)

I can't wait to play Chewwy at A.S.C. though (hopefully he comes!), just to see how his DDD compares to Fade and Lain

And BC is gay for quitting. His Wario was legit. Get his *** to come to more tournies Deez. Stig too!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Anyone know?
If you look in the thread you should see the list of mayb's who are coming with Ally like Chu, Neo, mayb Boss, Pyronic Star, and ADHD...then there's Lain and the people from WI and Chi don't think M2K is going tho

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Is Kain still looking for a ride to this? I have room if he is willing to meet us at Depaul again.

There are a few more spots too if anyone else needs rides.

ALSO: Zoze has only been to 3 tournaments in this power ranking. I've been to a **** ton (like 5-7, I don't remember). The ones that Zoze and I were at together were some of my more mediocre placings. I usually got bracket ****ed whenever Zoze was there. If he had gone to the MAS where I got 7th, I would have probably placed much higher than him and he wouldn't be able to ***** about placing a bit higher than me.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
quik i dont think i've played you since PnT2, where i 2 stocked your bum *** wario with kirby :)

but i'm gonna work on falcon, MK, and diddy. i'm really good at the falcon wario matchup, so you better watch out haha
and BC was good, but brawl is annoying enough as it is, plus he has to deal with GR stuff, which is even more annoying when you play chewyy all the time because a grab=half a stock. He'll play again though, i'll talk him into it. we still hang out all the time.
chewys D3 is really, really good. i'm much more afraid of his D3 than his ICs. but i still beat his D3 all the time because falcon ***** D3 hard. i think Stigs ICs are better, but thats just me. probably because falcon ***** D3 hard

Quik17

Smash Ace
quik i dont think i've played you since PnT2
I don't remember things that happened in the stone age :)

But we did play a couple of friendlies at one of Dark Kakashi's tournies. :metaknight: > :diddy:

But that was also ages ago. We need to play!! You live in Chicago in the summer don't you? Webster's tournies are only like 40 min. away from Chicago. You should start comin to those, they're really fun.

and BC was good, but brawl is annoying enough as it is, plus he has to deal with GR stuff, which is even more annoying when you play chewyy all the time because a grab=half a stock
haha I can see why someone would get sick of Brawl when they have to play DDD all the time with Wario lol

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Get BC to go to that tourney you wanted to hold in April! (I'll bring Ripple if he's not being a whiny girl about everything)

It doesn't look like I'm going for Sunday at ASC anymore :\

Zozefup

Smash Lord
The ones that Zoze and I were at together were some of my more mediocre placings. I usually got bracket ****ed whenever Zoze was there. If he had gone to the MAS where I got 7th, I would have probably placed much higher than him and he wouldn't be able to ***** about placing a bit higher than me.
MAS? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255566&highlight=Screaming+Piss

You got 13th. You placed even with Meneil. The only players you beat were Jahordian and Corms (both of them got last place dead last place, and Meneil beat them both also). And you lost to YoshQ and Ook, and neither one of them placed very well.

If I had your bracket I couldn't have done worse than you. And possibly better?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
those looses are legit though both dk and luigi are bad matchups
lol he plays Ganon.. every character is a bad match up.

Maybe he meant this M.A.S?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9227806#post9227806

Where he beat Swany and Koose? (They also both got dead last place). His losses in this one were legit though. Quik and Sago.

DLA hasn't beat anyone note worthy to get his "good placings that I couldn't do".

The two tournaments we both went to:
Indian: I placed 1 spot higher. I beat him in bracket. I placed higher in pools. I placed higher in teams.
Joker's: We placed even. I placed higher in pools. I placed higher in teams.

i feel like arty would **** all of us in crews...
well i guess he cant handle my mario XD
I'm 2 wins and 2 losses VS arty :)
MK VS Falco
1 win was MM, 1 was friendly in Indiana.

Arty confirm?

Top Bottom