• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Akashi

Smash Lord
Also, more people need to come to Mene and my mini smashfests :p. Kain/Arty/Kappy/Zwarm/TWSS/DLA made it out last time;D. I uploaded a few matches, but only bc nobody really saved anything. Check out my yt channel for some of the uploaded. youtube.com/akashixi

I whip out my marf on one ;F

Zozefup

Smash Lord
my opinion, because im not active in this thread
It's hard to judge players skill in IL because everyone is better in certain match ups. Chewy dominates almost every character he plays against, but struggles with MK. Same goes for Kain and Ripple (I don't know how Kain managed to beat Affinity).

I think Kain is just as skilled as Quik and Arty, but he has some really bad match ups to deal with. Ook seems really well rounded, but he doesn't dominate many match ups either. If someone knows the infinite with DDD they could give him problems, but it seems like Chewy is the only one around here that is very good with DDD.

It's hard for me to judge Quik and Arty because I don't know much about either character, and Quik won't travel to tournaments :(. I think Arty will place higher though just because most people know the Wario match up better than Falco.

I have no idea where to put Chewy and Ripple because of the MK weakness. (and I'm not 100% sure how big Chewy's MK weakness is, I just know he would rather fight someone else)

My list (based on skill) would be:

1) Arty :falco:

2) Kain :wolf:

3) Quik :warioc:

4) Ook :dk2:

5) Chewyy :dedede: / :popo:

6) Zozefup :metaknight:

7) Kirk :ike:

8) Ripple :dk2: /:fox:

9) Rob Gambino :metaknight:

10) DLA :ganondorf: +DK

11) Akashi :snake:

12) Deez :diddy:

13) Scythe :lucario: / :dedede:

14) Meneil :ike:
Tournament places will almost be random. If Chewy doesn't have to fight a good MK, he is likely to win the whole thing. I'm likely to win if I hit Snakes, G&W, Kirby (and any character that dies to tornado). Same goes for a lot of other players and their match ups.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Wait till you play Akashi Zoze, that dude is crazy good. He just needs to be more consistent.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Wait till you play Akashi Zoze, that dude is crazy good. He just needs to be more consistent.
Ummm.. about that. Based on that video of him playing DLA's MK... I'm not sure he will even get damage on me.

:p

I don't know why I'm still this underestimated in IL.

edit: are any of you going to VGbootcamp?

hunger!

Smash Champion
when akashi hits a good day. hes #1 in IL. i just dont think people know about his inconsistency.

and zoze, i would be going to VG on sunday if i didnt have to be home monday. so sadly. im not. it looks promising.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Zoze, I have a very adaptive/defensive playstyle. People typically **** me on my first or second stock, and then I figure them out towards the end. If we're talking about MK, Sago and I were $MMing and I was getting wrecked. Half-way during the match I said, "I need to switch my playstyle" and I did - I won the set. He told me I was the first person to actively change myself midmatch and mindgame him.

I don't brag on boards or boast about my Snake, but I do VERY well against defensive MKs. Tornado doesn't **** Snake if you abuse it: DI immediately up upon being hit, and FF a bair. Tornado wrecks if you don't spam it (or if you make Snake use his second jump [see Ksizzle vs. Snake @ Pound 4 on Halberd]).

Lastly, in terms of who I've beaten in actual TOURNEY matches? Arty, Ook, Scythe, DLA. Everyone else I've either beaten in other games (Brawl+), I haven't fought yet, or I brought them to game 3. I just hate bragging about stuff like this because I feel so conceited. I'm happy with my current ranking:D.

Thx for the compliments Hunger and Quik. <3

Zoze said:
Ummm.. about that. Based on that video of him playing DLA's MK... I'm not sure he will even get damage on me.
DLA knows my playstyle, and plus I told him I was pretty rusty with the MK MU (1st match of the day). Regardless, he's a good MK and deserves the 1st kill easily

edit: Want another video of me playing a MK? Here you go, and yes this was a tourney match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4cKy7ZA5g

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
Also, more people need to come to Mene and my mini smashfests :p. Kain/Arty/Kappy/Zwarm/TWSS/DLA made it out last time;D.
Sorry I missed the Friday one, I was with the gf all weekend :bee:

I am missing the crap out of this game though and wanna play as much as I can now. I'll be so pissed if something comes up and I can't make CoF (but cmon, like that'll happen).

Akashi

Smash Lord
You should go Zoze, anyone who is anyone will be there. Plus I would like to do friendlies ^^ I'm really a nice guy, and I don't let the competitiveness of Brawl affect me on the boards or offline.

CHECK OUT THE M.A.S THREAD FOR $MM REQUESTS! I'm going to record them on my wii and upload them on YT :D

Zozefup

Smash Lord
476 mi – about 7 hours 52 mins

That will cost me about $90 in gas, plus food and tournament.

Geeze guys. Can you please have some tournaments not on the very northern tip of the state? lol

But this still looks much more interesting than VGbootcamp. Is Lain, M2K, and Ally really confirmed for this? I would go if Rob, Chewy, Ripple, Deez, or someone would carpool with me and help me out with gas.

Is any of southern IL interested in going to a tournament this weekend? I'll pick you up and we can go to VG or this one. It would be cool if we could get lots of people to carpool (less gas money)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
VGbootcamp is only 5 hours away and I can carpool with KY. So unless 2 or more people from southern IL are interested in going up north, I will probably be going to VG.

edit: VGbootcamp says that Ally, Lain, and Chudat are confirmed for there tournament too lol.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've been talking to Ally, and he's confirmed (I'll be giving him a ride again), though it doesn't look like Chudat and Yoster (the people Ally would be driving with) want to come to IL. The extra 3-4 hours from IN is "too much" apparently lol. Ally's taking the bus to chicago though so he's confirmed.

Also, from what Ally told me, Brawl is on different days for the IL and IN tournaments - ASC's brawl is Sat and VG's brawl is sunday. I've been considering going to both if anyone else is interested. We can spend Saturday night at someone's house, and leave for IN on sunday morning. WHO'S INTERESTED? (we'd be taking Ally with and it would save him some time/money)

If no one really wants to do both then I'll probably just go to ASC, but hopefully we can hype this up and get a really good smash-filled weekend.

I can drive to ASC, but I likely CANNOT drive to IN, so someone else would have to do that. My parents don't want me taking their car across the country every weekend lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not going to either zoze. I'm pretty much done with brawl remember

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
^ well, ok. but its also me and my girlfriend's 6 month....so.....yeah ;)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I have a concert on Sunday in Nashville TN. So I would have to come back saturday night. So I can't go to VG :(

I'll still go to chicago if we get 2 people though.

chewyy

Smash Ace
zoze, I may be able to go, though I'm not 100% sure atm. I should know by Wednesday. Is champaign too far out of the way? and if it's not, christian, would probably also want to come.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
zoze, I may be able to go, though I'm not 100% sure atm. I should know by Wednesday. Is champaign too far out of the way? and if it's not, christian, would probably also want to come.
wow, awesome dude! Champaign isn't out of the way at all. I think I have to drive through it.

@Ripple, There are no MKs in IL besides me. You should come, you'll seriously have fun this time. I can show you how to beat MK too.

@Ripple again. Why don't you play MK? I think everyone who played Melee very seriously at all switched to MK lol. Brawl isn't that gay if you use him. You can be as agro as you want and still win. And no character can time you out or plank you.

Quik17

Smash Ace
There are no MKs in IL besides me.
But there are lots in Wisconsin, and these "Illinois" tourneys are pretty much WI/IL tournies.

But I agree with you that Mk is a fun character to use.

Edit: A couple more really good players have been confirmed for this tourney. Right now we have Ally, Neo, maybe ADHD, Logic, ChuDat, maybe M2K, all of Michigan, Wisoncsin, Illinois, Minnesota, etc... Hopefully you, Chewyy, and Ripple can make it too!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
But there are lots in Wisconsin, and these "Illinois" tourneys are pretty much WI/IL tournies.

But I agree with you that Mk is a fun character to use.
Wafles. And Ripple has a good chance at beating him.
What other MK would Ripple struggle with?
I don't count Ally or Lain because it doesn't really matter who they use. And Sago is almost in the same boat. lol

I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!! 80% chance of us making it to this. I want $5 MMes with everyone in IL, so bring your cash :)

Quik17

Smash Ace
Wafles isn't the only MK in WI. They also got Fatboy, Sago, Fade, and KenniSpam has a decent MK too.

But yeah, this tournament is gonna be awesome!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Zoze, bring rob, chewyy, and ripple with you. Maybe we can actually have a tournament where all our ranked people are present. (Kain are you going?!?!)

They say IL players play 180% of their normal efficiency when all the power ranked players are together. It's but a myth though...an urban legend even.

Top Bottom