• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
Can you guys put my Ganon up there? Just put that ganon head picture and + next to it.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Yeah, we should definitely have a tournament in chambana. I can make/print out some fliers this weekend and talk to the people that are wanting to go a tournament and see which dates are bad for them and such.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Deez, if you guys host a tournament, do a few things first...

1.) Post about it on AiB & Smashboards
2.) Give everyone more than 1-2 weeks worth of notice
3.) Remind me to bring Surjan along :D

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
So Deez, does that mean you're playing again? :O
well, for now i'll keep playing. but this will more than likely be my last tournament. its not worth the $ for me to travel, and brawl is just really, really gay... we'll see how bad i beat you guys :p

and DLA, i don't really take friendlies to heart, maybe you were having an off day or something, but if you can't consistantly beat my falcon... im pretty sure its impossible for diddy to lose to ganon.

you should enter low tiers though. not many people are as proficient with a low tier character as you.
FBGM

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
and DLA, i don't really take friendlies to heart, maybe you were having an off day or something, but if you can't consistantly beat my falcon... im pretty sure its impossible for diddy to lose to ganon.
lol, it wasn't a matter of having an off day... it was more like I just wasn't really trying to win. Ganon vs CF is pretty much the pinnacle of sandbagmanship (at least for me). The last CF that I fought in tournament (Joker, the snake who got 4th at Hot Dickings)... I 3 stocked him. It's a very easy matchup for me if I actually try to win. If it's friendlies, I'll just try to spike and do crazy edgeguards and ****.

And you're right, I probably wouldn't beat your Diddy, mostly because of lack of matchup experience. Ganon has tons of tricksies in that matchup though (flame choke > banana glide toss > Fsmash = GG), so it's nowhere near impossible. There are some vids of Fonz vs AlphaZealot where Fonz just wrecks his diddy, you should take a look XD He's much better at the matchup than I am.

GoldDigger

Smash Rookie
And you're right, I probably wouldn't beat your Diddy, mostly because of lack of matchup experience. Ganon has tons of tricksies in that matchup though (flame choke > banana glide toss > Fsmash = GG), so it's nowhere near impossible. There are some vids of Fonz vs AlphaZealot where Fonz just wrecks his diddy, you should take a look XD He's much better at the matchup than I am.
Oh wow! Maybe I should pick up Gannon for the Diddy match up!!

Oh wait... it's Diddys best match up by FAR. 90-10

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
90:10 is one of Ganon's better matchups lol. At least among high tiers.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
so why does everyone from IL have such a fail post count? we obviously don't spam enough

also to everyone who doubts DLAs spot on the PR, look at the results since october and say that he doesn't deserve to be on there. ganon or not, he's been placing rather consistently and at a lot of tournaments too. maybe not top 5 everytime or whatever, but name other people who do

Zozefup

Smash Lord
also to everyone who doubts DLAs spot on the PR, look at the results since october and say that he doesn't deserve to be on there. ganon or not, he's been placing rather consistently and at a lot of tournaments too. maybe not top 5 everytime or whatever, but name other people who do
A better idea would be to look at who he has beaten. No one.

I've consistently beaten DLA, Ripple, Rob, and Chewy since last update. There would probably be more, but I haven't played them.

DLA hasn't even take a game off of anyone in a set. Let alone consistently beat them.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh

I've consistently beaten DLA, Ripple, Rob, and Chewy since last update. There would probably be more, but I haven't played them.

DLA hasn't even take a game off of anyone in a set. Let alone consistently beat them.
Lol blow it out your *** Zoze

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
All this talk about Ganon being the worst character. Psh, you guys obviously don't check the SBR Tier List updates enough.

Kirby is the worst character right now. Seriously, stop trying to give Ganon the glory of being the worst character. It's Kirby.

scr00bs. Ganon's S-Tier material.

chewyy

Smash Ace

Doesn't losing to me in pools in Indiana make that inconsistent? Iirc, you also lost all of the friendlies we played at Hot Dickings.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Zozefup be trollin'

I'm just going to ignore him from now on lol. Everyone here already knows what's up

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Ganondorf? More like BANondorf! Seriously, Ganon is by far the most broken character in the game. SH dair is better than MK's tornado. Everyone's whining about MK, when Banondorf is clearly the true threat to the health of the tournament scene.

The recent discussion in this thread is a clear indication that the character is a problem. Please ban Banon before the metagame becomes too overcentralized around him. We can't wait until summer.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ganon can beat most chars. you just get one read and comboooooooooz. The only thing that makes him worst in the game is his recovery :/

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Is anyone else up studying tonight? I'm probably doing an all nighter :(

This is being a pretty regular occurrence for me too. This isn't supposed to happen until finals!!

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've been up all night studying the last few nights.... studying the effects of bullets in the heads of virtual zombies.

also calculating the average number of "I tell you what"s in any given episode of king of the hill.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I just watched 2 hours of anti-christian evolution videos on youtube. I'm not against evolution or against science.

"1.Creationists believe in evolution. Evolution is change. This is proven.
2. Creationists argue against its ability to cause all creatures to have been created from 1 initial protozoa.
3. Evolutionists use the word interchangeably to deceive during arguments"

(I put that in there so DLA can't say "You don't believe in evolution when it is 100% FACT!! lol)

But anyway, there is an atheist biology professor on campus that debates creationist frequently. I think I'm going to go talk to him today. There are some fundamental logical problems that I have with evolution (pertaining to religion, not of the theory itself). Maybe he can clear them up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wasn't it proven that you have either tied or placed below me in every tournament we been at together zoze? you can't out place me when I'm not there

you haven't even faced me in a tournament yet

Akashi

Smash Lord
I get in your head regardless of what character you use ;D. It's a curse, DLA, and you must break it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMvJHaxsYDw

<3

I didn't upload the Falco one though, only because I know you'd get upset on that.

Also Arty tried CPing my Snake with weegi on our $MM but lost the set due to it. ARTY YOUR FALCO IS AMAZING STOP COUNTERING ME WITH OTHER CHARS ;D;D;D

Top Bottom