• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
it's not that suspenseful, you've picked up numerous other characters before.

it's a cycle, you will solely go ganon for a portion of tournaments and then you'll pick up another character but probably end up not using that character and instead you will choose to fall back on DK/GnW/and rarely MK. then you'll eventually go back to using ganon and the cycle will continue forever.

i see right through you DLA, can't fool me

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
You still don't know who I'm going to use though. = suspense

Zozefup

Smash Lord
You still don't know who I'm going to use though. = suspense
Just make sure it's someone who dies to Nado :)

edit: So ZZS may have a 50/50 match up with MK now. That greatly upsets me. I need at least 70/30 match ups against every character if I'm expected to win a tournament :(

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol @ DLA being changed to gannon.

Can i be changed to jiggly puff? I'll start using jiggs against people i know i can beat and against everyone i know ill lose too. So I'll end up using jiggs the majority of my matches by next update.

Does DLA seriously beat anyone on this list with Gannon consistantly? Who?

*thread needs more drama*

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
ok chewys samus is legit.

and yea i doubt that DLA could beat anyone in the top 10 or inactives with ganon. ganon is such an awful character its not even funny.
it is a good point that to put DLA as ganon in the top ten would be controversial.... not a knock on DLA, but ganon cant win... you might get a lucky game, or even a set here or there, but no way in hell could you consistantly beat any of those players with ganon. you also couldnt win any tournys with ganon...

Zozefup

Smash Lord
and yea i doubt that DLA could beat anyone in the top 10 or inactives with ganon.
I don't think he can beat the honorable mentions either. I know he can't beat Rob Gambino with Gannon; I've never played Meneil though.

LOL @ Gannon being number 8. Not only can DLA's gannon not beat anyone on this entire list, but I out placed DLA at the tournaments we both attended, knocked him out of winners, and beat him in every friendly. This PR is very biased. I'm probably changing PRs.

Quik17

Smash Ace
At least DLA's Ganon gives me more trouble in friendlies than your MK does Zoze...

Anyways,
I finished my homework today at around 3 am, is it strange that I think that's early? my sleep schedule is so screwed up right now :D
Yah, for some reason I can only concentrate on my homework around these times, wtf lol

Arty

Smash Lord
I originally put DLA as Ganon/DK b/c he used DK alot in every M.A.S. to get that PR spot. So I don't know why DLA is only Ganon. His Ganon is 100% legit though. And all you guys underrate Ganon way too much and would probably get beat by his Ganon.

:ganondorf:

Edit: How the hell is Quik posting when he should be in class! What a ditcher!

Legan

Smash Lord
Lol Ganon, DLA play only DK so you can have your own fan club.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK Jumped!
JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

OH **** OOK DOWNSMASHED OOOOOOOOOOOK
CUMCUMCUMCUMCUM

Dont you want to hear that every match?

IL is cool, come to MO more often, leave Dayjayman in IL though

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
even though I went down, I'm happy with my current performance. :D
That's what she said XD

And has anyone else noticed the DLA-doubters are the ones who hardly know him? Just...forget all previous concepts of Ganondorf. DLA redefines the freakin character. Like Wafles said, we're not being generous...when you've been around DLA enough you realize how legit he is.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
That's what she said XD

And has anyone else noticed the DLA-doubters are the ones who hardly know him? Just...forget all previous concepts of Ganondorf. DLA redefines the freakin character. Like Wafles said, we're not being generous...when you've been around DLA enough you realize how legit he is.
I know his Gannon is one of the best in the midwest but..

There are 15 players on this list. If his Gannon is legit, then name one person his Gannon consistently beats.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I've never played Fonz though, but I heard crazy things about his Ganon
It's still Gannon. I beat it goofing off in a MM. 3 stocked and 2 stocked it. I could probably beat his Gannon with 90% of the cast.

But yeah, for Gannon, he is amazing. Maybe the best in the Midwest.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt matter how good DLA is.... ganon cant win lol
i bet you can do ok with ganon in low tiers, but there isnt anyone on the PR list that can be beaten by DLA's ganon, regardless of how good he is. its ganon lol

and i played lots of matches with DLA so i know how good he is. his ganon is almost as good as my falcon XD

but for real ganon is so bad.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
if you leave zoze, all the drama will be gone and no one wants that.

if chewy and i host a tournament here would you all come? i've been wanting to plan a big tourny for a while. we could do a crew battle to prove that southern/central IL>>>>>>>>>>>>chicagoland

plus i want to play you all before i officially hang up my sticks. i will $$MM and at least JV 2 stock everyone on the PR list.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Keep Zoze on there!
This thread won't have any drama without him

Plus it's cool seeing Zoze constantly complain about being ranked lower than a Ganon. Knowing how much he cares about power rankings, this will soon drive him insane.

Deez, come to Webster's tourney that's happening in 1 week. I wanna play whoever it is you play nowadays

Zozefup

Smash Lord
if chewy and i host a tournament here would you all come? i've been wanting to plan a big tourny for a while
I would definitely come. It would be awesome not having to drive 5+ hours for every tournament. Rob and I would come for sure. I might be able to bring some of our casual players too.

Now If I held a tournament in Metropolis who all would come? No one. Gr.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
If Zoze "switches" PR's, he'll get ranked under some mid or low tier, and throw a fit there too.
Or not even get ranked. lmao
But I won't get ranked under players that I beat and place higher than.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
if you leave zoze, all the drama will be gone and no one wants that.

if chewy and i host a tournament here would you all come? i've been wanting to plan a big tourny for a while. we could do a crew battle to prove that southern/central IL>>>>>>>>>>>>chicagoland

plus i want to play you all before i officially hang up my sticks. i will $$MM and at least JV 2 stock everyone on the PR list.
Funny guy here :laugh:

And Zoze sorry but you gotta look at a Wolf higher than you for a looooooooooong time XDDDD

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
hahaha <3 zoze

websters tournament is too far for me :(
i dont have a car down here so it would take forever for me to get around by train or whatever

ok i'll keep you guys posted, i'll look into a venue sometime next week

and i play falcon/mario now, i'm trying to learn sheik/zelda, and i always have diddy to fall back on when i realize that all of those characters suck. mario ***** falco though 90:10
but quik i wanna play you falcon vs wario

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Illinois should come to Ohio so I can beat the rest of your PR with my Lucas

=P

Your PR is the best cuz there are so few MK's.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I don't think he can beat the honorable mentions either. I know he can't beat Rob Gambino with Gannon; I've never played Meneil though.

LOL @ Gannon being number 8. Not only can DLA's gannon not beat anyone on this entire list, but I out placed DLA at the tournaments we both attended, knocked him out of winners, and beat him in every friendly. This PR is very biased. I'm probably changing PRs.
First of all, it's number 7 :p YOU'RE number 8.

Also, you only placed better than me in ONE tournament. And it was only one spot higher. You don't seem to understand the fact that you've never fought or even SEEN my Ganon when I wasn't sandbagging. So you have no idea what you're talking about.

I originally put DLA as Ganon/DK b/c he used DK alot in every M.A.S. to get that PR spot. So I don't know why DLA is only Ganon. His Ganon is 100% legit though. And all you guys underrate Ganon way too much and would probably get beat by his Ganon.

:ganondorf:
I've gone about 98% Ganon for the past 3 or 4 tournaments. I've gone Ganon for over 90% of the games that count in this power ranking. It would have been fair to list me as :ganondorf:/:dk2: last power ranking, but I've used Ganondorf pretty much the whole time for this update. Therefore, :ganondorf: :p

Lol Ganon, DLA play only DK so you can have your own fan club.
Lol, Ook always steals the spotlight from me at tournaments XD I'm beating Snakes and Falcos with Ganon, but everyone is watching someone get "OOK'D" instead XD

Not that I can blame them lol

it doesnt matter how good DLA is.... ganon cant win lol
i bet you can do ok with ganon in low tiers, but there isnt anyone on the PR list that can be beaten by DLA's ganon, regardless of how good he is. its ganon lol

and i played lots of matches with DLA so i know how good he is. his ganon is almost as good as my falcon XD

but for real ganon is so bad.
In all fairness, I sandbag really hard in friendlies. Especially CF vs Ganon friendlies XD I was SD'ing nonstop during our friendlies, if I remember correctly.

And I've never participated in a low tier singles event in my life. Feel free to look at my tournament results--I got all of those with GANONDORF. I don't care what you guys think; I earned my power ranking spot by my TOURNAMENT RESULTS, not the fact that I play Ganon.

Top Bottom