• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt he was even able to contact SE or to even get a response.
I doubt Square would give an answer like that because they have been contacted MANY times with BS answers...They wouldn't suddenly give someone an answer like that

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
the only way we can deconfirm anything by your standards is just waiting for the Japanese release date.

Sakurai's not going to come out and say Geno isn't in the game and you know it.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
the only way we can deconfirm anything by your standards is just waiting for the Japanese release date.
that's fine with me.

but the point here is that some random person on a forum is not a confimation or a deconfirmation of ANYTHING. the person who said that did not work for IGN, it was just some guy. why accept his word as a deconfirmation?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
if you were a real Geno fan, you wouldn't see it as wasting time.

it's just a simple e-mail/call/whatever.
Actually it is a waste o time, I tried with Nintendo and got a responce within a day, said something about its out of their power.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ya know, what if they just had to contact the development team that made Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi Super Saga to get permission instead of going directly to Square?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ya know, what if they just had to contact the development team that made Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi Super Saga to get permission instead of going directly to Square?
Geno would be announced already.
I doubt it's legit, but it wouldn't hurt none to atleast try.
Why try to succeed at something many others have tried and failed? It will only get you the same answer they got, which isn't a clear one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno would be announced already.

Why try to succeed at something many others have tried and failed? It will only get you the same answer they got, which isn't a clear one.
...Why would he be announced already if Captain Falcon isn't even?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
quoth Geno from Smash Kingdom:
"If I'm not in this game, I'm blowin up Japan."
Me too, buddy.

I'm thinking the whole "Nintendo hasn't contacted us" is like the new way to say, "No Comment."

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
...Why would he be announced already if Captain Falcon isn't even?
well other newcomers have been announced before obivous returning vets like luigi and capt. It seems that not everyone and everythinh is going to be revealed before the japan release. We will just have to wait and see who makes it and who doesn't.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Nintendo's reply which led to this:

Although we appreciate your interest in offering to share your
suggestion, we are unable to pass along or accept unsolicited ideas for a
variety of reasons. For more information, please visit the following
address:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faq.jsp#idea

Nintendo has some of the most devoted, enthusiastic fans of any game developer. Each week, we receive hundreds of questions and suggestions about our games and systems. While we would love to use ideas from fans to develop actual products, due to the volume of requests we receive and the resources it would take to process them, we do not accept unsolicited game or product ideas. As a company committed to being on the leading edge of game and hardware development, though, you can be sure that we are constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas.

Anyways thats what makes Geno second party.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
ALPHA DREAMS THE SECOND PARTY COMPANY WORKING UNDER NINTENDO ALSO WORKS ON SQUARE GAMES, MEANING LIKE IN M&L:SSS THEY CAN EASILY USE GENO.

GENO= OWNED BY THIRD PARTY, USED BY SECOND PARTY FOR FIRST PARTY GAMES

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nintendo's reply which led to this:

Although we appreciate your interest in offering to share your
suggestion, we are unable to pass along or accept unsolicited ideas for a
variety of reasons. For more information, please visit the following
address:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faq.jsp#idea

Nintendo has some of the most devoted, enthusiastic fans of any game developer. Each week, we receive hundreds of questions and suggestions about our games and systems. While we would love to use ideas from fans to develop actual products, due to the volume of requests we receive and the resources it would take to process them, we do not accept unsolicited game or product ideas. As a company committed to being on the leading edge of game and hardware development, though, you can be sure that we are constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas.

Anyways thats what makes Geno second party.
I recieved the same type of email when I submitted an idea of Mario Basketball years ago.

Top Bottom