• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Ay... albeit, I do hope for something decent this Monday on the VC...

By the bye, has anyone else bothered noting that Super Mario RPG has already influenced Melee/Brawl? Princess Peach's Frying Pan Smash comes straight out of Mario RPG ^_^
Yep, isn't that great? Heh, if Mallow gets updated as an AT, or Forest Maze as music. Heh heh ^_^

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Ay... albeit, I do hope for something decent this Monday on the VC...

By the bye, has anyone else bothered noting that Super Mario RPG has already influenced Melee/Brawl? Princess Peach's Frying Pan Smash comes straight out of Mario RPG ^_^
Bowser's claw attacks also come straight from the RPG. :D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The rumor is false and I've come to terms with that. Of the list that IGN posted last December, nearly all the games made it to the VC or were offically deconfirmed because of technical difficulties (Duck Hunt, Gumshoe, and Hogan's Alley). Unless Nintendo really wants to surprize us, it won't come out this Monday which is fine because Kirby Superstar, another triple A game IGN said would come out this year, didn't so it's not like SMRPG was the only great game that got the shaft. (On a minor note, Pro Wrestling didn't come out either.) If Geno ends up being playable, we can easily expect the game to be out by the end of
Q2 08 seeing how it and Yoshi's Island are the only canon Mario games not out yet.

In other news, I've come to two conclusions because of what's happened in the past two days:

1. Brawl is going to have over 100 Assist Trophies.

2. Sakurai is not going to show us the whole starting roster before Brawl comes out.

A) Some of us have already read the news that yesterday Rosalina and Duster (Mother 3) have been made into ATs. Neither of these characters were in Sakurai's journal and neither was the Dragoon. I originally believed that every playable franchise would only have 2 ATs at most but that's clearly not the case. The Mario franchise currently has 4 ATs (Hammer Bros, 2D Lakitu, Waluigi, and Rosalina) and at the rate things are going, it will easily have more. There are still a ton of franchises that we haven't even seen one AT revealed yet (like Zelda and DK) and I'm starting to get the feeling that a good fraction of the trophies you find in Brawl will have an AT form. Many people should consider this good news because, if you have a character that's from a first or second party franchise, they're basically guarenteed to be in the game at this point.

B) Like many people, I once believed that Sakurai was going to reveal Captain Falcon and Shiek before Brawl came out and unless Sakurai starts doing triple and quadruple updates once he comes back from his vacation, this probably won't happen and it should be expected. Think about it and look at all the various pages on the Dojo website, it's more then obvious that he hasn't revealed even half of all the new items, pokemon, and assist trophies. In Melee, most of the franchises had two stages from the get-go and we've only seen the secondary stages for Mario and Metroid. Sakurai said himself that most secrets about the game would be revealed through the internet within hours of it being released so, with that said, it's easy to say that Sakurai does have any sense of urgency to reveal all the standard stuff before Brawl comes out.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I dont know if you guys heard this yet but...

RUMOR PATROL

SUPER MALLOW SAID ON HIS WEBSITE THAT SUPER MARIO RPG WILL BE ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE THE 31ST.
AS YOU ALL KNOW, THIS JUST A RUMOR.
I MIGHT LOOK INTO IT MORE THOUGH
http://www.smrpglegacy.com/

Also I dont think Geno will ever get updated on the DOJO due to the fact that the Dojo has a week off from updates.
GoNintendo, a very credible source on VC releases i.e. they've been right every time, disagrees with you SuperMallow.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=32444#comments

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I hope Geno updates on my birthday, January 9. Heh, it's on a wednesday too, and that's when most newcomers get updated.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
star road arena for geno would be sweet!

i really hope he gets in brawl, that would be the coolest thing that could happen to this game!

The Director

Smash Lord
Including Forest Maze as a stage complete with music WITHOUT Geno being a playable character would be like a slap in the face. What's worse, including just the forest maze music without even a stage or Geno's inclusion would be an even bigger nightmare.

Do I think Geno will be playable? Yes. Why? Simple. Too many people want him, and Sakurai knows it. Why else? Simply put, Geno's a great WTF character. Sakurai loves his WTF characters, and Geno would be a big surprise to many people seeing as he's not very widely known. I personally think his fate as a playable character was sealed long ago.

But then again, what if he's only an AT? That would be devastating. Inclusion, sure...but at what cost? A chance of say 1 in 200 or 300 that he'll show up during play? Icky.

Here are my predictions for SMRPG's rep:

Geno: PLAYABLE
Mallow: AT
Booster OR Smithy: AT
Forest Maze: Stage
Star Road: Stage
Bowser's Keep: Stage (Bowser needs some home turf!)

But I'm just pulling this info out of my ***.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Including Forest Maze as a stage complete with music WITHOUT Geno being a playable character would be like a slap in the face. What's worse, including just the forest maze music without even a stage or Geno's inclusion would be an even bigger nightmare.

Do I think Geno will be playable? Yes. Why? Simple. Too many people want him, and Sakurai knows it. Why else? Simply put, Geno's a great WTF character. Sakurai loves his WTF characters, and Geno would be a big surprise to many people seeing as he's not very widely known. I personally think his fate as a playable character was sealed long ago.

But then again, what if he's only an AT? That would be devastating. Inclusion, sure...but at what cost? A chance of say 1 in 200 or 300 that he'll show up during play? Icky.

Here are my predictions for SMRPG's rep:

Geno: PLAYABLE
Mallow: AT
Booster OR Smithy: AT
Forest Maze: Stage
Star Road: Stage
Bowser's Keep: Stage (Bowser needs some home turf!)

But I'm just pulling this info out of my ***.
Nice predictions.

As far as Forest Maze WITHOUT Geno, I don't think he would do this. Going through all the legal loopholes, getting the rights from SE to use the song in the game, why not snag the character who the song is home to at the same time? Same thing goes for Geno as an AT. Going through all the legal binds and agreements, just for an AT would be simply idiotic.

A WTF character, that is already FROM the Mario universe, has alot of support following him, would be perfect for Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We're saying, IF Forest Maze was confirmed Geno would most likely join right behind it.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

Although it doesn't confirm much, Yoko Shimomura, a musician who worked on the KH series as noted on the website, also composed Forest Maze. Now if Sora was in the game, or KH elements, I know Sakurai wouldn't spoil it like this, so it makes me a bit suspicious.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Seeing that composers at the bottom of the list, they might have been added after Sonic's confirmation because that may have been WAY TOO obvious for Sonic's inclusion.

It noting Kingdom Hearts is just as obvious, which is why I think he may be trying to hide it.

In any other matter, the composers don't prove anything, they could be there for various reasons.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
oh well if anything those musicians confirm the appearances of sora, chrono, and issac. And i just noticed that the composer for sonic was on there. Was that added after he was confirmed or was that there all the time?
It was there when his music updated. Anyways, I would love to hear how Forest Maze would sound like in Brawl, with that Geno can't be too far away.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
oh well if anything those musicians confirm the appearances of sora, chrono, and issac. And i just noticed that the composer for sonic was on there. Was that added after he was confirmed or was that there all the time?
Seeing that composers at the bottom of the list, they might have been added after Sonic's confirmation because that may have been WAY TOO obvious for Sonic's inclusion.

It noting Kingdom Hearts is just as obvious, which is why I think he may be trying to hide it.

In any other matter, the composers don't prove anything, they could be there for various reasons.
Before the Jun guy was Hirokazu Tanaka so Jun was only added as soon as the Sonic music was added.

In the case of Kentaro Ishizaka his music has still yet to appear for which game which could help prove that Yoko Shimomura might have other games as well.

Also Issac and Sora weren't recommended in the poll.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
You know, like, because they're good composers.
Yeah, but it would only make sense to hire the composers to compose what they're famous for. I doubt Yoko is just supervising songs, I mean she has composed music for two Mario games. Everything else she has composed seems unlikely other than the content found in SMRPG and M&L:SS. You could say that it doesn't matter and she IS just simply guiding some composers but with her talent, I doubt it.. it is awfully suspicious and anyone who thinks that Sora or any character that is strongly affiliated with Kingdom Hearts might be off.. I just wonder what she did. When her music is confirmed, it might be a huge blow to the Geno community or a huge relief.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Before the Jun guy was Hirokazu Tanaka so Jun was only added as soon as the Sonic music was added.

In the case of Kentaro Ishizaka his music has still yet to appear for which game which could help prove that Yoko Shimomura might have other games as well.

Also Issac and Sora weren't recommended in the poll.
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Isaac got recommended twice, but Sora only got one.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Isaac got recommended twice, but Sora only got one.
thanks for correcting me, where did you hear Sora getting 1?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Though it seems I may be a bit late to this, it's quite possible that Forest Maze could be there without Geno. Itadaki Street had SMRPG music with none of the exclusive characters...then again, it had Mario, Bowser, Peach, who all showed up in it. >_>

Enigma14

Smash Champion
What school, if I may ask?

I really wish SMRPG did come out this year. I was expecting it to. That, and Yoshi's Island. But after watching some videos of it on youtube, that game seems so incredibley easy. Like ridiculously easy.
PM him that info

And yes Pieman it is possible but the fact that Sakurai is keeping SMRPG a secret underwraps on the music section, where as other Square titles like Rmance SAGA and CT have appeared and been listed.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How can you say Sakurai is keeping SMRPG a secret? How can you say he intends to put any of the music in at all? Is it because you think it will work out like that old hidden Sonic coposer thing? Because that didn't pan out at all. We've got Sonic music, and the person who had previously worked on it, wasn't involved at all. =/

Machspeed

Smash Lord
How can you say Sakurai is keeping SMRPG a secret? How can you say he intends to put any of the music in at all? Is it because you think it will work out like that old hidden Sonic coposer thing? Because that didn't pan out at all. We've got Sonic music, and the person who had previously worked on it, wasn't involved at all. =/
We know that Sakurai wouldn't give in Sora's inclusion away that easy by listing Kingdom Hearts on the website, which is why we suspect SMRPG music may be at hand.

Then again, I see no reason why composers are being mentioned here, as they can mean nothing to a character's chances.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why not Street Fighter though? Yoko worked on that. Why not the M&L games? Heck, the real reason she was probably listed under KH, was because its her most well known work, and not a distraction. (lol Hikari)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey Enigma, what is Geno's power level? And hopefully Geno will be easy to unlock, I want to play as him A.S.A.P.
What do you mean by power level?

and Machspeed is correct about the musican theory, it proves nothing.

So what I said previous is moot and just idle chit chat to kill time and to argue with you or the person who started the conversation previously.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
What do you mean by power level?

and Machspeed is correct about the musican theory, it proves nothing.

So what I said previous is moot and just idle chit chat to kill time and to argue with you or the person who started the conversation previously.
yeah that was me who started that, but yeah i cant wait till mario rpg comes out on the vc.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I just read this post in another topic, and since I didn't want to go off topic, I figured I'd bring it here.

Did anyone hear of Sakurai going to Square and being turned down, and saying that Geno wasn't brawl material in a press conference?

I figure if something like that even happened, it'd have been mentioned somewhere in this topic, and while I haven't read the whole thing, I haven't seen it mentioned at all in the parts I have read.

So does anyone have an input to confirm or to call bull on those statements?

Top Bottom