• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

I ain't giving in for any character I support. I will still support guys like Geno, Claus, Ridley, Krystal and K. Rool. My support stays. I will support them even if I know they're not in. If the 35 character roster is true than I have lost all respect for Sakurai.

Like Sakurai cares about such a non-fan as you, Foz. So he loses someone who doesn't respect the vast amount of time, effort, content, and imagination he put into Brawl? Wow, I bet his heart is broken.

D

Deleted member

Like Sakurai cares about such a non-fan as you, Foz. So he loses someone who doesn't respect the vast amount of time, effort, content, and imagination he put into Brawl? Wow, I bet his heart is broken.
Oh, I'm a non-fan, eh? How can I be a "non-fan", dip****? I know they're not in Brawl but can I still support? Of course. I'm in denial. =P The thing is, the only reason why I was gonna get Brawl in the first place was because I wanted to play as Geno or Ridley or Krystal but, oh well, I'm convinced throughout it too. Stage Builder ftw. And I did respect the vast amount of time and there was plenty of f*cking time too add in more characters than just 35 too. I mean, I can name 3 things that Brawl could do good without so they could use that time to put maybe 45 + characters.

Geno for Brawl!
Geno for SSB4!

"I ain't giving in for any character I support. I will still support guys like Geno, Claus, Ridley, Krystal and K. Rool. My support stays. I will support them even if I know they're not in. If the 35 character roster is true than I have lost all respect for Sakurai."

I don't give a crap about your fandom, I give a crap about your disrespect for Sakurai because he didn't feed your fandom.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Sad day for Smash Bros Brawl. It was fun and exciting up until now and it never even occurred to me that there would be less than 40 playable characters. Everyone is so excited to see Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, Falco.. screw them. I never cared for any of them to be honest. Its not a question of me being grateful for the game, its a question of why is the roster so "boring"?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Oh well...
I can only hope for at least a Geno AT given the current circumstances...
Heck, even a trophy would do me good; just to see him at least mentioned would make me happy...

It was fun while it lasted boys, looking forward to playing with a couple of you from the thread when the game releases.

D

Deleted member

"I ain't giving in for any character I support. I will still support guys like Geno, Claus, Ridley, Krystal and K. Rool. My support stays. I will support them even if I know they're not in. If the 35 character roster is true than I have lost all respect for Sakurai."

I don't give a crap about your fandom, I give a crap about your disrespect for Sakurai because he didn't feed your fandom.
Because I, and many others, are disapointed. Some people were only gonna get Brawl because they thought that their playable character would get in. PCs were the thing people were looking forward too. Geno, Ridley, Megaman, Krystal, K. Rool, Isaac, Claus, Sukapon, Takamaru. Playable Characters make Brawl what it truly is and there are not enough that people expected. It seems that Sakurai didn't listen or even care about the fans that wanted the playable characters they wanted. I'm not the only one pissed.

He listened to Star Fox fans, he listed to Wario fans, Kirby fans, DK fans, Mother fans, Pokéfans, etc.

Just because he didn't listen to Geno fans, Metroid fans, GS fans, retro games fans (Sukapon didn't get in for being too hard to make, Takamaru for not being significant enough) doesn't mean he ignored "the" fans.

D

Deleted member

He listened to Star Fox fans,
Yeah, 'cause, y'know, they didn't want Krystal in.
[/sarcasm]

he listed to Wario fans,
Yeah... Geno fans exist too. >__>;

Kirby fans,
TRIVIA:
Who createdKirby and who thought that Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede are a tremendous trio?

Than he would have given us K. Rool.

Mother fans,
Who was the Number 1 requested MOTHER rep?
Claus.

Pokéfans, etc.
And excluding Mewtwo is listening?

Just because he didn't listen to Geno fans, Metroid fans, GS fans, retro games fans (Sukapon didn't get in for being too hard to make, Takamaru for not being significant enough) doesn't mean he ignored "the" fans.
But those had a ton of fans.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Geno ain't playable. Beyond any reasonable doubt.

Mathieu wins.

I feel sorry for you guys. The day where you could hope to own me never came.

Geno for SSB4, perhaps?

1. He gave them three reps. Oh, wait, you meant “he didn’t listen to the fan group that I’m in.”

2. A smaller group than Wario exists for Geno, yes.

3. Wow, that’s relevant. Because Sakurai made Kirby, that means that the reason it got three reps isn’t because it’s Nintendo’s fifth most successful franchise ever made (and is selling significantly more than DK month for month lately), or that it’s one of Nintendo’s oldest still-living franchises, or that Kirby’s been in the game since SSB, Sakurai put those two major characters in because of Melee. It also explains why Sakurai gave Kirby only one rep in Melee, huh, and gave SF two, FE two, Pokémon four, Zelda four, and Mario five, right? No. He put them in because they deserved to be in and were two of the most demanded characters in the series’ history.

4. Again, your point is he “ignored” a certain sect of fans.

5. Um, just spitballin’, but Lucas was probably more requested. Claus got the most mentions from Sakurai, but that doesn’t mean he got the most suggestions in the series. And, there’s no way that Claus would get in over Lucas.

6. Listening to the people who hated him, yes. Lucario got a high placing on the mentions list and was easily the most significant new Pokémon that COULD fit into Brawl.

7. He gave representation to huge fanbases. Again, you’re disguising your disappointment that SOME fanbases didn’t get playable characters.

8. You owe me a cheeseburger.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
YES!!!!!!!!
I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOO!
IN YOUR FACE gENO FANS!!!!!!!
IN YOUR FREAKEN FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I told you all from the begining!! I believe one of you said you would request a permanant bann if geno wasnt playable!!!!!!!!!!!! PAY UP, PAY FREAKEN UP!

My evidence was freaken right!!!!
Geno is an Assist trophy!! I told you he was never put onto the poll to be a character!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Y'know Mastermind, in the beginning, you seemed like an intelligent debater. Now you've just become an ***. C'mon, look at that spelling. I suppose it is the righteous high, history shows it takes a while to break down.

Anyway, anyone else besides me gotten over the fact he didn't make it(including haters)?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
hemightbegiant, Geno isn't disconfirmed. It's not the full roster.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'm more then dissapointed..... Geno was more then just a character.
He was a figure of blissfull nostalgia.
Now he's dead.

PTL

Smash Rookie
Hey guys – long time lurker, first time poster and all that. I know I’m incredibly late here, but I just wanted to show my support. Back when I first became a fan of Geno it seemed like nobody had any idea who he was, so it’s awesome to see all the fanart and videos and how big this thread has gotten because of people wanting him in Brawl. Whether he’s in or not, you guys have done a lot to bring him back just by letting people know who he is and why he’s such a great character. I just couldn’t let the release date go by without saying it once…Geno for Brawl :3

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yeah, i just came by to say i told you so. And there has been a pictures of rob, and falco leaked confirming them as playable, at least partially confirming the 35 roster to be true.
At this point, saying "I told you so" is rather pointless because more then just one group of people got screwed over by the roster. In essence, it's a hollow victory, even for the biggest Geno haters.

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet
What I find amusing is that most of you Geno fanboys struted around spouting the reasons and info why Geno would get in.. Like the votes on the poll. Well her we are. No Geno. You only set yourself up for disappointment.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
What were they thinking when they assembled that sorry excuse for a roster? If they wanted to only give us 35 characters, why couldn't they have been the most requested characters?

What was wrong with King K Rool? It shocks me to no end, I mean, they can create moves for Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf but they drew a total blank on K. Rool?

What about Geno? I can understand if there were some legal issues that couldn't be resolved (Square Enix and Nintendo act like they went through a bitter divorce) but I just don't understand it. Why didn't Sakurai try harder to get Geno to be a playable character? Instead a God forsaken robot took its spot. What a horrible idea.

For the record, no, the roster isn't ok the way it is. Its pathetic and I feel like we were all misled into believing this game was better than what it was. Why was Itawa going around saying that a 35 character roster is "impressive"? Has he even SEEN the roster? Is he completely oblivious to what the fans actually wanted? I mean, sure, they worked VERY hard on the game but I fail to see the awe in the roster. It seems like the way they worded everything on the Dojo was misguiding "up until now, Ness... blah blah blah" but it wasn't true. My respect for the game and anticipation for it to come out has plummeted. It looked so very promising and so awesome at first and its very difficult for me to be forgiving after all the delays and the pitiful roster selection.

I shouldn't have expected this from the get go, but can you blame false advertising?
Nintendo/Sakurai never claimed this, but this was my benchmark for this game:

A 40-50 character roster (with appealing characters). Was it really THAT hard to achieve? They could have done it had they put in the most wanted characters. But, wait, I forgot that the poll was nothing more than an illusion. The confirmed characters were all planned to be in the game already.

But its more than just the characters now. Everything seems a bit "low" now. The item select screen doesn't seem any different in terms of quantity from Melee. The number of stages is ok, especially with stage editor.

I don't know guys, I don't think I could enjoy this game nearly as much as I wanted to. None of the characters seem appealing enough for me to want to try out. Maybe Sonic, but he's going to be one of the most overused characters.

*rant over*

Top Bottom