• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Why would Geno be on the cover? As we know, all the characters on the Dojo excluding Snake and Sonic are starters. Snake and Sonic are unlockables since they are third parties, but they are shown on the cover because we know about them, Sakurai updated their moves and Final Smash; other third parties would be hidden, but as we said many times here before, Geno is not in the third party category for this game, rather the Mario one.

About the "Geno" trophy, it may or may not be Geno, I'm going with no. But in any case, Nintendo wouldn't waste money to have him JUST as a trophy.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Even though I want another Third Party Character *cough*Rayman*cough* I just Hope to Hell that Geno isnt in, Hes a Puppet for Christs Sake!
Wow, you're a selfish individual. I sincerely hope that Geno is in, not only to make you look like a fool for posting such nonsense, but so I can finally play as my favorite video game character of all time.

Oh and about Rayman.. at least Geno is a Mario character.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I have a really bad feeling that Geno is officially not in the game.

The leaked "Brawl intro" video does not display the copyright for Square Enix or Capcom at the title screen.

Unless.. Sakurai programmed something creative to surprise us, this could potentially be the end of the line for us Geno fans.

D

Deleted member

Unless.. Sakurai programmed something creative to surprise us, this could potentially be the end of the line for us Geno fans.
Maybe he didn't want them to show because it'd be to obvious and people would know that they're in.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
It's a fact that intelligent systems wasn't on melee until marth was unlocked. Same for geno?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
This is it folks. Today is the day. Cross your fingers, knock on wood, and sleep with a rabbit's foot...like anyone can SLEEP at a time like this right!?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's more and more evidence coming in that the God Awful 35 character roster is true...

*takes off his hat as the ship begins to sink*

It's been an honor serving with you gentleman for these past 2 1/2 years. Be proud that you supported Geno for so long and greatly surpassed the dedication of other fans. It's unfortunate that Sakurai royally screwed us over but we weren't the only ones and, in that, we can find some comfort. As for me, I'm going to go back to trying to find some way of bringing Geno back in some form just like I did before Brawl was announced. To all of you, God bless; it's been a wild ride.

Fatmanonice

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
There's more and more evidence coming in that the God Awful 35 character roster is true...

*takes off his hat as the ship begins to sink*

It's been an honor serving with you gentleman for these past 2 1/2 years. Be proud that you supported Geno for so long and greatly surpassed the dedication of other fans. It's unfortunate that Sakurai royally screwed us over but we weren't the only ones and, in that, we can find some comfort. As for me, I'm going to go back to trying to find some way of bringing Geno back in some form just like I did before Brawl was announced. To all of you, God bless; it's been a wild ride.

Fatmanonice
giving up so soon, Fatman? just keep in mind that the roster in question isn't any more proven now that it was a week ago. so far, all these character confirmations were characters that we expected anyway. wait until R.O.B. is confirmed before throwing in the towel.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Get your complaint emails to Nintendo ready >>...we don't have to take it without at least telling them how big of a mistake they made. They need to regret it >>.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
giving up so soon, Fatman? just keep in mind that the roster in question isn't any more proven now that it was a week ago. so far, all these character confirmations were characters that we expected anyway. wait until R.O.B. is confirmed before throwing in the towel.
It more of a matter of beating the rush, saving myself some dignity, and accepting that despite all I've done, I've failed and am prepared to start again. There's only three characters that we haven't seen yet: Wind Waker Link, Wolf, and ROB. It should be noted that Ridley has pretty much been confirmed to be a boss.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
It can be found in today's update on the Dojo. However, I am a bit more optimistic than I was.

Two things to keep in mind:

1) Geno could still be in the game, its not over yet, but his chances are heavily decreased due to recent events.

2) The credit for Square Enix could be added after Geno is unlocked, OR there could still be a Super Mario RPG track in the game which could mean that Geno is a playable character.

Everyone is celebrating about how awesome it is to see Falco, Captain Falcon, Ness, Marth... was anybody actually doubting they were going to return?

For the Geno fans, we're barely holding on by a thread (no pun intended) and it seems like every minutes that goes by just gets worse and worse for us.

Geno for.... something in Brawl!

TBone06

Smash Ace
guys dont worry, the only reason why Yoko was announced for Partners in Time was because the other music that Geno would have hasnt been unlocked, it aint over til its over

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
The 35 roster is true =(

Marth confirmed
Lucario confirmed
Ness confirmed
ROB CONFIRMED OMGNOES

R.I.P. Geno =(

TBone06

Smash Ace
how do we know there arent more than 35, on top of all of them. Dont give up hope Geno isnt gone

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
how do we know there arent more than 35, on top of all of them. Dont give up hope Geno isnt gone
Actually I suggest giving up hope. There isn't any hope anymore. Sakurai has ignored the fans... a lot.

antimatter

Smash Lord
please. it says starting music. do you really think they would have square enix music when there isnt even a character repping them in the starting roster? it seems clear that if geno is in the game, the music would be unlocked at the same time as him. yes, i know, you will bold or underline "if". but still, i doubt he could be able to ignore the want for geno.

He didn't effing ignore the fans just because he didn't include all the anticipated characters!

God forbid he try to make the game more than Final Destination and a million billion characters.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
He didn't effing ignore the fans just because he didn't include all the anticipated characters!

God forbid he try to make the game more than Final Destination and a million billion characters.
No need for a million billion characters. Only 5 more(Geno, Ridley, Mega Man, Krystal, Isaac).

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Yeap, I'm throwing in the towel. Surprisingly, I'm not really that mad about it. In fact, I'm actually kind of happy. Sure, the list isn't quite as great as many had expected, but regardless, I look at the roster and see a LOT of characters that I want to play as.

We can always hope for a next time, and it was great debating with everyone. It's about time we all cut our losses and learn to live with what we've got.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Well, he included Ness so I really don't care about anything after that. As for Geno, sorry for your loss but honestly this game will be great with or without him. Sure, he would have added some extra flavor and could have been very interesting to play as, but his absence in no way takes anything away.

Top Bottom